- NEW DB creation: still buggy (sorry to say. Same error for me as in beta 1. When upgrading the db from 0.5.1 its working again.)
Idea for fixing: on first activation of database in settings menu (after the user hits save button) you could integrate the (working) database creation process of v0.5.1, then do an automatic reboot of the app followed by the db upgrade process you actually use.
- seeking with touch on progressbar: works great. Exactly how it's meant to be!
-playlist on samba: works now. Good job!
Test for NEW DB creation:
Seems to work now but found a little thing I guess...
Started from scratch.
Launched beta3, enabled db in settings, saved, started to watch .avi via smb.
They changed their colors in directory after half-watching and were able to resume.
So I was thinking the bug was fixed.
After 3 or 4 files, they still changed their color after half-watching but couldn't be resumed anymore. They started from the beginning. Then I shut down nxmp (first time after new db creation) and started it again. Now resume of these files is working again and this little bug never came back again yet.
Hope this helps. I could live with that if I just have to reboot the application once after db creation if this bug should occurs again.
About your missing icons. I'm definitely NOT an icon artist but I'm sad to see, nobody wants to help with it. I'll try my best to make some in my free time today but I can't promise that I'll finish
All of my files which contain subtitles seem to start now with activated subtitles right away. I have to manually deactivate them because they bug me.
I think this behavior wasn't actually in beta 1 or beta 2
Thanks for report, i will investigate this issue.
The icon missing are a playlist icon, sftp and samba icon.
I will work also on icon creation since noone sent me anything, but this is not a problem i know is hard doing good icons so is better to not send ugly results.
Seems that there are only minor issue on last ope beta so a stable release will be released as soon as this issue are gone
@sashka69 i tried to reproduce the issue you reported with db but i cant. the resume seems to work on my test switch.
For the subtitle part i dont have many with them but only the forced subtitle will be loaded on startup on my side.
can someone test the new db creation resume issue, and the subtitle issue reported by @sashka69.
About the subs: I noticed that it only occurred on some mkv files, and not on all.
If they are forced subs I don't know, but they come on every sentence the actor's speek right from the beginning. And I can turn them off, so they're not hard coded!
Maybe the error is in my files. I tried season 4 from '2 broke girls'. They are an iTunesHD rip.
Filename for example (to find the released files maybe)
Sorry if my files were the problem!!
Your icons look great!
Now I went through my whole 4tb contents and checked more than 50 mkvs with build in subtitles.
It seems that the problem is in my files. All of them were played properly without subtitles, some of them had forced subs and played fine too.
The only situation when the subtitles come automatically enabled is when I play my season 4 of 2 broke girls.
Sorry Mr dev to steal your time, your player seems fine. It was bad luck that I checked your player with this files.
Also the db hiccup didn't show up either.
I went through 50 files after I enabled db from scratch again and all of them resumed fine.
Sorry again for stealing your time but I know that it happened in my first test.
Next time I will report only bugs, I can reproduce at least 2 times in a row.
Good, dont worry @sashka69 it happens to misunderstand a bug. Your help was important on the open beta testing.
I have to thanks all who have reported bugs/problems with open beta and my closed beta testing team.
0.6.0 seems mature enough for a stable release
Just a cleanup and will be live on github in a couple of hours.
Beta link will be removed as soon as the stable is live
Nice ^^, beta 3 works like charm testing it for a few hours and didn't found any bug, all it's working as expected, so the release should work fine too, but I test it too anyways to discard any bug produced on code cleanups.
Good work as always ^^, the only thing that I miss now it's the library interface xP