RELEASE NXBoot - Fusée Gelée / ShofEL 2 implementation for iOS

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by mologie, Jul 13, 2018.

1. zeroxia

zeroxia Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    China
    Quick update, I bought a cheap 3rd party Lightning OTG cable, and it worked!
    I have uploaded a video to demo this:

mologie likes this.
  2. beardchub

beardchub Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    Japan
    Hi, mologie could you make a ipa version for ios12 jailbreak? because there have no Cydia yet, we can't use deb to install, but we can install .ipa to self sign and install it.

Many thanks

3. mologie
    OP

mologie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    Germany
    Nope, not possible. I have updated the FAQ to cover your question, because it is asked often in this thread.

4. beardchub

beardchub Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    Japan
    No, I know why you need to pack it with deb, but Do you know Rootless jailbreak, GeoFilzaA12,FilzaEscaped12.x .... ? They all are jailbreak apps and install via Cydia Impactor, Please take your time to check them.

5. mologie
    OP

mologie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    Germany
    Ah, I see. However, I'd rather not go into the direction of building temporary jailbreaks into NXBoot. Once a full jailbreak is released NXBoot should function on iOS 12 too.

beardchub likes this.
  6. xTwized

xTwized Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2018
    Canada
    iOS 12 rootlessJB3 users, For those of you who know what you are doing.. if you convert the .deb to an IPA and side load it, it works just fine with a combination of the rootlessJB3 as well as beta 27 of Uncover, to get the correct privileges. You just need to put everything in the right directory and be sure you are giving everything the correct permissions. If Mologie gives me permission i'll do up a proper tutorial.

Last edited by xTwized, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:04 AM
  7. octopus

octopus Member New

Sep 6, 2013
    Somalia
    I bought the same one and it worked fine. Thanks for the tip!
    Quality is not bad at all for the price. I have not tested the card reader or connecting external devices, but it might have some other uses other than pushing payloads. Pretty good deal.

Last edited by octopus, Feb 14, 2019 at 6:24 AM
    OkazakiTheOtaku likes this.
  8. mologie
    OP

mologie Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2018
    Germany
    Sure, go right ahead. I'm glad to hear it works on iOS 12 too. Keep in mind however NXBoot uses Apple's sandbox but adds exceptions for USB device access via an entitlements file. Depending on how uncover works, it might be that it disables the sandbox completely. If the sandbox is off completely then configuration files are written outside of the container, so users will have to deal with migrating their configuration once a full jailbreak is released.

9. beardchub

beardchub Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    Japan
    rootlessJB+iSuperSU may do it.

10. Klodeckel1990

Klodeckel1990 Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2018
    Germany
    Tutorial for rootlessJB3 (iOS12)

1. Inject this .ipa with Cydia-Impactor
    2. Trust Certificate in Settings
    3. Start NXBoot
    4. Switch to iSuperSU and perform Unsandbox on NXBoot
    5. Inject payload via App like the Manual says.

Attached Files:

beardchub and xTwized like this.