Homebrew RELEASE NX Locale Switcher - Change the locale of specific titles from your Switch

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Already said: whole list for 1000 games in memory is less than 4MB including all borealis objects and can not cause crashes.

For usual user with less than 100 games whole list in memory should not be an issue at all.
Fair enough, you're probably right . I still don't know how to fix it but I would welcome a merge request. Sys-clk editor would benefit from that too

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
At what line app crashes? Debug it through gdb/check in atmo crash log.
Code:
X[16] :nouveau_buffer_transfer_map at :?
LR :u_default_buffer_subdata at :?
PC :memcpy at :?
ReturnAddress[00] :st_bufferobj_data at :?
ReturnAddress[01] :buffer_data_error at :?
ReturnAddress[02] :glnvg__renderFlush(void*) at :?
ReturnAddress[03] :nvgEndFrame at :?
ReturnAddress[04] :brls::Application::frame() at :?
ReturnAddress[05] :brls::Application::mainLoop() at :?
ReturnAddress[06] :main at :?
ReturnAddress[07] :exit at :?
X[16] :nouveau_buffer_transfer_map at :?
LR :u_default_buffer_subdata at :?
PC :memcpy at :?
Looks like it happens when you render the list, doesn't happen when you launch the app and the list is built but not rendered. It works fine with only a few games

Chuderson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, just used this on Animal Crossing to try and change to America but it's now saying that the game is corrupted. Is this normal and is there any fix for this? Thanks!

Chuderson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to load pressing the L button all the time since you press A until it loads (or error) then let us to know how it goes.
Problem is I can't even get to the part to choose my profile. As soon as I even click on the game it just prompts me to run the check for corrupted data. I tried holding it down before entering the game but it didn't work and also tried loading game through tinfoil to no avail. I ran the check and got "error code 2016-0601".

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
yes but press L, keep it pressed, then load the game, the error code 2016-0601 is SD data corrupted, but could be related to no sigpatches or incorrect sigpatches, install the latest version of sigpatches from your preferred source.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I tried with Rescue Team DX (trying to go from french to english) but doesn't seems to work, the game keep being played in french.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I tried with Rescue Team DX (trying to go from french to english) but doesn't seems to work, the game keep being played in french.
Does the game ask you to pick a language when you first boot it? Language might be tied to save data in which case this won't work

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Does the game ask you to pick a language when you first boot it? Language might be tied to save data in which case this won't work
Yep, that's what I figured after reading discussions about it, language selection is stored on the save when it's created.
Sorry for bothering.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, that's what I figured after reading discussions about it, language selection is stored on the save when it's created.
Sorry for bothering.
No problem, sorry that didn't work for you. You might be able to dump your save, make a backup and, depending on the format, locate a "fr" string, change it to "en" and try

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a heads up for people that wonder if this still works.

It does, just used it on tears of the kingdom and advance wars.

Thanks again for this great little tool!!!

Eternam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My wife uses my switch from time to time, and she prefers to play the games in spanish while I prefer in english. Is it possible to make the language and region user based?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My wife uses my switch from time to time, and she prefers to play the games in spanish while I prefer in english. Is it possible to make the language and region user based?
I don't think so, but I believe holding L when launching the game disables its config file

Reactions: Eternam

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this still work on the latest Atmosphere? I keep getting blackscreens now when trying to run it (Not a system crash, I can just go back to the home screen and close)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality