Homebrew RELEASE NX Activity Log - View (slightly) more detailed play statistics!

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A Tesla overlay would be cool, to see how long the Playsession already is. :D
That's actually a great idea, however I'm pretty sure the play log only gets updated when a game is closed, so I couldn't actually show the current session's time. I'll have to look into it more, but that's definitely something I'd do if it's possible :)

Can you give us a hint about what it is?? :D
Sure! This screenshot should give a little hint (and yes the music keeps playing in-game) ;)

DaoGqut.jpg

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any updates on adding forwader compatibility for custom games?
I've been busy working on other things and I have kind of lost interest in working on NX-Activity-Log for the moment (plus Cyberpunk 2077 is going to keep me away from coding for a while :P). I still need to look into the overall situation again to see if it's still viable, but I don't intend on completely giving up working on this anytime soon.

Reactions: Tyvar1 and sieq

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, is there any way to dump all the activity log and restore to another emunand?
Nope, dumping will be supported (who knows how long it'll be until I get around to it) but due to the complexity of the log I don't intend to add proper restore capabilities. Instead I'll only support backup/restore within the application, so it won't effect the system's data.

Johnmariozelda99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on 11.0.1 or has it not been updated yet? I looked around online but couldnt find a definitive answer. Also, it still tracks play activity while the switch is in airplane mode, correct?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's most likely not in the scope of this project but it would be amazing if this app could gather and fuse/synchronize the activities above all NANDs:
sysNAND + multiple emuNANDs. Of course the synced data should only be applied to the place the homebrew is currently run (so it won't alter the sysNAND activity log, just put the data from there into the emuNAND's playlog too).

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually a great idea, however I'm pretty sure the play log only gets updated when a game is closed, so I couldn't actually show the current session's time. I'll have to look into it more, but that's definitely something I'd do if it's possible :)

Sure! This screenshot should give a little hint (and yes the music keeps playing in-game) ;)

DaoGqut.jpg
If only this were Spotify.

tallbl0nde

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's most likely not in the scope of this project but it would be amazing if this app could gather and fuse/synchronize the activities above all NANDs:
sysNAND + multiple emuNANDs. Of course the synced data should only be applied to the place the homebrew is currently run (so it won't alter the sysNAND activity log, just put the data from there into the emuNAND's playlog too).
Yeah homebrew can't write to the activity log while the switch is running afaik. One implementation of this could use backup/restore like functionality though to import other NANDs activity.

wasedabachelor

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i'm searching for this thing! thx!
by the way, i'm too new to homebrew thing to know how to use it.
i was able to download from github.
next, i should put folder named application on SD card, right?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm searching for this thing! thx!
by the way, i'm too new to homebrew thing to know how to use it.
i was able to download from github.
next, i should put folder named application on SD card, right?
Any homebrew has to be in *.NRO format and comes either alone or with a few other files bundled with it.
For homebrew to appear in the hbmenu you simple put them somewhere inside the sd:/switch/ directory.
By somewhere I mean, you could just throw all NROs directly into it but I'd highly recommend organizing them in subfolders instead. They will still be detected and listed by the hbmenu automatically.
Something like this:
sd:/switch/goldleaf/goldleaf.nro
sd:/switch/nx-activity-log/nx-activity-log.nro
and so on

(You can however navigate from within the hbmenu to other folders outside the switch directory to manually launch homebrews from there if ever needed.)

Reactions: tallbl0nde

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1