Homebrew RELEASE NX Activity Log - View (slightly) more detailed play statistics!

BrandonSWITCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah homebrew can't write to the activity log while the switch is running afaik. One implementation of this could use backup/restore like functionality though to import other NANDs activity.
Hello, I have been using your activity log for over a month now and I love it.

:switch: Feature Request :switch:
The only feature I feel like its missing is being able to track homebrew/unofficial games, for example tracking how long I have played retroarch for. Would this be a feature you would be able to impliment? :)

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Feature Request :switch:
The only feature I feel like its missing is being able to track homebrew/unofficial games, for example tracking how long I have played retroarch for. Would this be a feature you would be able to impliment?

It's technically impossible to track any homebrew that needs hbmenu to work the way NX Activity Log is doing.

BrandonSWITCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No.
It's technically impossible to track any homebrew that is using hbmenu the way NX Activity Log is doing.
Ahh blyat, that is something I love about my Wii U :yayu: and my New 3DS XL :yay3ds:...
I still dont understand why the activity log built into the Switch is so bad when the one on the Wii U and 3DS was so good, the one made by tallbl0nde (NX Activity Log) is great but I wish it could track stuff like RetroArch and the Super Mario 64 Port for Switch. :)

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is done: https://www.phalk.net/nintendo/

To use this you must create an account then import NX-Activity-Log JSON from the Profile -> Preferences.

My profile as an example: https://www.phalk.net/nintendo/profile.php?id=1
I'll try to make an auto-generated gamercard later to use as a forum signature.

This is hella cool!

I went to sign up but realized I don’t have a friend code because…reasons.

Any chance you might publish the code?

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is hella cool!

I went to sign up but realized I don’t have a friend code because…reasons.

Any chance you might publish the code?

Sure, I can publish it on github after I clean it up a bit.

You can create an account without the Friend Code too, it's not mandatory for registration.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I can publish it on github after I clean it up a bit.

You can create an account without the Friend Code too, it's not mandatory for registration.

Nice. I made one up and it worked great.

The interface with all the graphics and game blurb are awesome!

thanks for sharing...

Reactions: phalk

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done:
gamercard.php

Auto generated based on my profile.
Not bad. ;-)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I MAY be able to edit NX Activity log source to implement a direct upload from the app, but I'm not sure how a sysmodule would work.
Check out something like this…slideNX is basically just a loop that waits for “a condition” and then “does something.”

in this case the condition could be “after the log is updated“ and the something would be “send payload to phalk.net“ where payload is “username/password/json”

e:
@phalk i forgot to put the link..my bad:

https://github.com/jonyluke/SlideNX <—- something like THIS

The whole point is it;s something super small that can run as a “service”…sysmodules can tyoically be turned on/off via a boot flag and thus managed by HekateToolbox.nro (and others like it.) This service could exist outside of NX Activity Log so a fork isn’t needed. It also sits outside your web service as well. a loosely coupled service gluing the two together. 😀

e2:

here’s a walkthrough on how all they sysmodules work…https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ntendo-switch-kosmos-atlas-cfw-switch.556783/

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: lordelan and phalk

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've forked NX-Activity-Log with the addition of an option to upload directly to Nintendo Switch Profiles:
https://github.com/Phalk/NX-Activity-Log-NPE/releases

Please don't look at the source. It's ugly, but it works. Hahahah ;(

You have to setup your credentials in the login.txt that's in the latest release then you can upload directly from the app to your profile.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've forked NX-Activity-Log with the addition of an option to upload directly to Nintendo Switch Profiles:

You have to setup your credentials in the login.txt that's in the latest release then you can upload directly from the app to your profile.
Wow how cool! Thank you for your work. To not have it exist as a fork that would have to be maintained (in case a FW update changes something), you might consider a pull request to the original repo. Anyway thanks again, gonna try this soon! =)

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow how cool! Thank you for your work. To not have it exist as a fork that would have to be maintained (in case a FW update changes something), you might consider a pull request to the original repo. Anyway thanks again, gonna try this soon! =)

I thought about doing a pull request but I opted to fork it for two main reasons:
  • I'm not sure it is right to implement a personal project into NX-Activity-Log without discussing it with the author first.
  • The second and most important one is that my coding skills are so cheap that I'm not very proud of it hahah. In this case, it's more of a workaround than a solution.
I think the ideal solution would be a sysmodule, I'm gonna try that next but I'm not confident I can pull it out. I would need to study a lot of tallbl0nde's code to port it and, as you might have noticed I have very limited experience with C/C++, hahaha. I'm more of a hobbyist than a true developer and I'm allergic to good practices and programming paradigms.

Last edited by phalk,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought about doing a pull request but I opted to fork it for two main reasons:
  • I'm not sure it is right to implement a personal project into NX-Activity-Log without discussing it with the author first.
  • The second and most important one is that my coding skills are so cheap that I'm not very proud of it hahah. In this case, it's more of a workaround than a solution.
I think the ideal solution would be a sysmodule, I'm gonna try that next but I'm not confident I can pull it out. I would need to study a lot of tallbl0nde's code to port it and, as you might have noticed I have very limited experience with C/C++, hahaha. I'm more of a hobbyist than a true developer and I'm allergic to good practices and programming paradigms.
Valid reasons. Nonetheless you made a start into the Switch development territory with your fork so a sysmodule might be a nice next step. Luckily almost (if not) all sysmodule source codes are available on GitHub. :)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Hello there, loving your homebrew, just start using it, but got me to my Wii times thanks a lot.

A couple of suggestions:
  • After you get the code of NX-Activity-Log-NPE with the starting folder dynamic, you could consider put the login.txt file on SD:/Config/NX-Activity-Log-NPE to go with the flow of the majority of homebrew.
  • Add a section on "settings" menu to edit the config.txt file (user & password fields)
  • When selecting "Upload to Nintendo Profiles" a sort of progress bar could be useful, or any feedback, in some of my test the screen seems freezed but only took more time than expected to upload the data.
  • On the page https://www.phalk.net/nintendo after creating my profile, even if my browser is on English and my OS is on English too, the confirmation message was on kinda "Spanish" (I live on Colombia), let me know if I can help you with the translations of the page and/or NX-Activity-Log-NPE.
  • Consider push NPE to tallbl0nde's github.
Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM