1. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Could be, but when using the android app on my tv the sound didn't sound quite good either

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Oh really? Had it in use a couple months ago lol. Haven't tried in the nearer past though.

3. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    I'm still extremely baffled by how service costs three times more in Russia than in any other country (1000 rubles, i.e. ~$15 a month) - considering that it's not the richest market in the first place, and most marketplaces lower prices for the region to remain competitive. Whoever was behind that boneheaded decision pretty much ruined all chances of GameForce Now ever gaining momentum in Eastern Europe - which is a shame, since Russia is a perfect market for this kind of stuff (very expensive hardware + very cheap internet).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  4. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    extended sessions means ? i can play as much as i want ??

5. Stunx

Stunx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I really don't see much use of this at home, although on wifi 5.0ghz it feels and looks perfect. The real test is going to be when I have to say "honey, I need to go to work early today" and try to play on my 4g soon to be 5g network in my car.

6. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Did they ever fix the problem where if you play "backups", you lose your save file due to it being a different machine next time you played?

7. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Seems to have been patched in late nov/early dec, right before I installed Android on my Switch :(
    The Nvidia Games app won't connect to the servers anymore, even by using an older version (which used to be the workaround people used to make it work)

lordelan likes this.
  8. Lodad

Lodad Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    If this was 4k and high-bitrate audio you'd be burning through an assload of data every hour... I don't think that's really the point out of the gate for them.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    4G has higher latency (probably still fine for many games) but 5G should work well. Unless you have truly unlimited data, it's going to eat it up pretty quickly though.

10. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    I just use Parsec since I pirate games. Streams just fine. Hoping Parsec goes to more platforms.

ederenzi78 likes this.
  11. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    You can stream with Geforce Experience too, I remember using Moonlight on the Vita for it, worked ok enough

MythicalData likes this.
  12. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Dang it! Seems like it's time to return my overpriced 2080Ti and get back to using an iGPU before GPU prices drop because of this pure innovation.

Oh wait...

13. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

United States
    I used this to play GTA V for a while on pretty good internet back in it's BETA for a year. Was a great alternative, and I can see this being really good for people that may have decent or good internet but not the best hardware.

People are too quick to assume the worst, and strike down legit good services. There isn't much room to complain with this, as you can use your steam or other gaming storefronts.

14. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    having hardware encoding experience helps, I suppose.

essentially, you renting a PC for playing your own games.

There it is, is called Parsec, but it runs on other's people PCs rather than servers.....so quality Might vary.
    it is a good (and free) choice if you can and want to stream from your own computer though. A personal recommendation (assuming you don't have a labyrinth for a router like me, rather than poor internet.)

Speaking of renting a PC.

15. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They need to sort out their capture tech first in the RTX 2000 series. I can stream 4K from a computer in house but display lag goes up to 50 ms. Got to give credit to Stadia for figuring that out, especially with AMD hardware.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020 at 6:33 AM
  16. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    I have to say I did try it with BioShock, was more than playable.

17. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    This is true. Although, I have a way of doing this for free, and my setup is pretty cool. GeForce Experience allows you to stream over the internet, so I bought a FlyDigi Wee 2 controller for my phone and can stream my games to my phone.

"But it requires your computer being on, you keep it on when you go on vacation or leave the house?"
    Nah, power bills are high enough. I have a smart plug that my computer is plugged into, and I use either google Chrome remote desktop or Microsoft's remote desktop to login to my computer to get to the main screen, and shut down the computer properly.

"But how do you turn on the computer, you need to press the physical switch?"
    Combine the smart plug with an option in the BIOS, which is something to the effect of "Power PC in the event of a power failure." When I shut down the computer, I also turn off the smart plug, and when I want to turn on the computer, I turn on the smart plug, which emulates a power failure, and it turns on.

Pretty awesome setup. It actually worked pretty well even while playing a quick reactive game like Sonic Mania. If you don't have the hardware to play the games you own, GeForce Now is pretty good. But if you have an NVidia GPU that's moderate-to-high end, this is a great setup (and smart plugs can be cheap).

18. Lodad

Lodad Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    That depends on what is actually encoding the stream - your CPU or GPU - and what video format it's encoding to, and how the receiving device can decode the stream, and handle the input streaming. Are you talking about streaming from Steam Link / remote play, or GeForce Experience? I've also had problems where Steam Link doesn't understand that my PC is on the LAN, so it goes over my internet connection instead of in-home streaming.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - competitor, launches, Nvidias