AceOfAces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got Windows 7.
rolleyes.gif

I also got a new T.V. I'm trying to hook up my video card to my new t.v. via HDMI. The problem is that when I try to install the drivers, an errors pops up, saying: The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will not exit.

I have the nVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS Series video card. Any pointers?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Windows doesn't have proper drivers for graphics cards built-in, though it can get drivers from the internet automatically getting them from the site always gets you the most recent version.

Ace, you did make sure to choose the proper version of windows 7 (32/64), right?
And this is an 8400, and not an 8400M, right?

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Windows doesn't have proper drivers for graphics cards built-in, though it can get drivers from the internet automatically getting them from the site always gets you the most recent version.

Ace, you did make sure to choose the proper version of windows 7 (32/64), right?

well when i install windows 7 by default i get full resolution and cant install the drivers from ati, and windows has no updates for the driver either

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The default drivers for windows have improved and can get you high resolutions and color depths (with vista the entire graphics driver model changed), but it won't get you proper 3D acceleration until proper drivers are installed, but windows will happily install the latest certified drivers available online.

How could you not install the ATI ones?

And windows update doesn't get you the latest drivers (only the latest that the microsoft team has fully tested and certified, and that takes a while), that's why I tell people to check online manually.

AceOfAces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:

Yeah I did. Actually, it's 8400 GS. I did get the correct version of Windows 7(32-bit).

EDIT: In Device Manager, the video card doesn't show up.

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
well it seems ati is stupid and doesnt install the drivers when i try "ive been using win 7 since the beta in jan 09"

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista...96.21_whql.html driver page for 8 series
have a look in Supported products tab to see if your card is supported

Rydian said:
Hunh, my only recommendation would be trying to uninstall the ATI drivers and catalyst software from the "programs and features" section of the control panel, restarting, and trying again.

I don't have an ATI card or windows 7. ^^;

why are you giving advice if you dont use windows 7

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there's no point, its not showing up in the device manager. thats the reason why the installer says "no card found e.t.c" the installer searches for the card and can't find it.

the only fix i've found for this is to do a system format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it