Nvidia sheild TV

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ive watch the price at that console, and its more cheaper than gaming PC or Laptop. Please.... can you tell me .... can i play dolphin and pc games on that console? Thx alotttt...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's an Android machine. You can run Dolphin and a whole slew of other emulators but (newer*) PC games are out of its reach.

*you can run DOSBox on it and play some DOS games, and run old adventure games on SCUMM VM but nothing modern.

Reactions: Sathya

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's an Android machine. You can run Dolphin and a whole slew of other emulators but (newer*) PC games are out of its reach.

*you can run DOSBox on it and play some DOS games, and run old adventure games on SCUMM VM but nothing modern.
Long time not see you.... veho. so, any recomended console to play pc games?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You'll never find a game console that can run PC games that haven't been natively ported over. If you want to play PC games, buy a PC. If you can't afford a decent PC, buy a shitty one and just deal with older PC games, then upgrade it as you save more cash.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does have a surprising amount of games available but definitely not enough for anyone to consider buying it as a gaming device, i use it for kodi since it has a hardware decoder for nearly every video imaginable.
if you want to play games get a playstation or xbox

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use mine for retro console gaming while my hardware and software are in storage.

I run reicast(gb-GC&DC), dolphin (GC/Wii), reicast (DC/Naomi), yabasanshiro (Saturn), mupen64FZ for N64 (or parallel on Retroarch), ePSXe, etc etc.

You can play mobile games on it or stream pc games with moonlight iirc, but defeats the purpose.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Long time not see you.... veho. so, any recommended console to play pc games?
A PC, I'm afraid.

Check out Cheap Ass Gamer and similar sites for advice on how to get good deals on hardware and how to run games on cheaper, lower-end setups.

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
it does have a surprising amount of games available but definitely not enough for anyone to consider buying it as a gaming device, i use it for kodi since it has a hardware decoder for nearly every video imaginable.
if you want to play games get a playstation or xbox
If you say ps4 or xbox, how about switch?

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was about to say Steam Link, but that would need a computer, so nevermind.
Well, there are some computer ports, but you will be working hard to find something decent. You can find Final Fantasy XV PE, Life Is Strange, Half Life, maybe portal? (there's a portal themed game somewhere, don't know if it's portal) but apart from emulators for the GC/Wii or Dreamcast, you will be hard-pressed to find anything else to do. My recommendation is that if you want very cheap gaming you could search for older consoles like the PS3/Xbox 360 as these sell for quite cheap and has a quite good library of games to play.

Now, if you want to play actual PC games or games with the quality of a PC on a console... Go for the latest ones. PS4 or XBOX One are two great consoles, and though people bash XB1 quite a lot, i don't think it's all that bad. Go searching mainly for the games you want, as both has their exclusives, and choose based on these games which console you will buy.

Sathya

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I was about to say Steam Link, but that would need a computer, so nevermind.
Well, there are some computer ports, but you will be working hard to find something decent. You can find Final Fantasy XV PE, Life Is Strange, Half Life, maybe portal? (there's a portal themed game somewhere, don't know if it's portal) but apart from emulators for the GC/Wii or Dreamcast, you will be hard-pressed to find anything else to do. My recommendation is that if you want very cheap gaming you could search for older consoles like the PS3/Xbox 360 as these sell for quite cheap and has a quite good library of games to play.

Now, if you want to play actual PC games or games with the quality of a PC on a console... Go for the latest ones. PS4 or XBOX One are two great consoles, and though people bash XB1 quite a lot, i don't think it's all that bad. Go searching mainly for the games you want, as both has their exclusives, and choose based on these games which console you will buy.
For console, maybe i choose switch. Because i can play xbox or ps4 games on swicth, (i mean the game devloper also support for switch) but we cant play nintendo games on ps4 on xbox. But why i want to buy nvidia tv? Because i want to play pc games, wii and gc games, android games, and watch streaming movies. But...... now i know nvidia console cant play pc games.

PanTheFaun

The Uninspired Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Nvidia Shield TV. When I don't want to use my gaming computer I stream all the latest PC games using Geforce Now on it and it runs flawlessly. I think this is a good alternative to a gaming pc or console if you are low on cash. It's also great for emulation. I also think its better than owning a PS4 or Xbox One and I have both.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For console, maybe i choose switch. Because i can play xbox or ps4 games on swicth, (i mean the game devloper also support for switch) but we cant play nintendo games on ps4 on xbox. But why i want to buy nvidia tv? Because i want to play pc games, wii and gc games, android games, and watch streaming movies. But...... now i know nvidia console cant play pc games.

Switch will much probably play GC and Wii games smoothly in no time. Give some more months for people to improve the existing emulators and it will be running perfectly. There's already emulators (Dolphin) for GC and Wii, they're just not optimized, but are being constantly worked on. There's many breakthroughs in Switch's scene all in quick succession, so it's better to wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm