NVIDIA’s New Tablet/Mobile Chip Is More Powerful Than the PS3

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
And there goes my interest in Shield, Well I might still buy it but is a big letdown. NVIDIA is trying so hard to bring Big AAA tittles to Android and I really, really hope the succeed.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Thing is they are showing this now, but sure the chip still is too expensive to be sold worldwide and when they lower the costs and made it available for the public the PSVita succesor will be around :tpi:.
and for the demos, looks like something the Vita could handle, is just a high poly face and an island. remember the tech demo of the Wii U?? I'm still wainting a game that looks like that at 1080p, same with the PS3 tech demo. actual games never look like as nice as tech demos.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is also interesting in at least one thing: how far can the manufacturing process go until there exists problems with normal electricity constraints ie. short circuits due to the short distances between parts?

What you describe is either quantum tunneling or inductance/capacitance. Both are kind of already issues and being solved.
I should note though that the lengths discussed are transistor gate lengths and not the stuff stitching it all together.
Similarly the gate lengths are not envisaged to get that much shorter for reasons like you mentioned, they will be able to eek it out for a while longer but at much below this it does start getting odd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.