1. ChibiMofo

OP ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    mrgone and Xzi like this.
  2. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    Unfortunately articles like these are starting to become more common. I can't seem to find the link now, but I read a story earlier today about a woman who died of COVID-19 after declaring she only needed "guns and religion" to protect herself from it. Just goes to show that stupidity doesn't miraculously disappear simply because there's a greater existential threat looming.

BADDINOROX99 likes this.
  3. th3joker

th3joker GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Its called darwinisim dont ever feel bad weak or stupid people die the earth and human race will survive better without them

BADDINOROX99 and Ricken like this.
  4. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's still sad that people die, no matter how stupid you think they were.

Someone will have loved them and those poeple now have to deal with their loss.

Everyone does dumb things, don't congratulate yourself just because your dumb things didn't get you killed.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Pleng likes this.
  6. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Has a PhD in dueling

United States
    Last edited by chrisrlink, Apr 6, 2020
    Ricken and Xzi like this.
  7. Xzi

Xzi GBAtemp's Resident Plok Expert

United States
    The problem with a pandemic is that weak and/or stupid people will manage to infect strong and/or intelligent people. They also use up hospital time and resources regardless.

8. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

No comment on the story but I just wanted to point out it's not Darwinism if people with no underlying conditions are dying from the virus.

9. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Advanced Fan

It is if they do stupid shit that increases their chances of getting infected.

BADDINOROX99 likes this.
  10. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    All people are weak and stupid, especially the ones who think they aren't

Valery0p and 6adget like this.
  11. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Corona song parody of the classic 1979 hit "My Sharona" by The Knack.:P

Edit: Found another one

Last edited Apr 9, 2020
  12. WD_GASTER2

WD_GASTER2 Hated by life itself.
    Developer

United States
    honestly as someone who has seen first hand how vile this virus is and how horrifying the sound of someone gasping for life with this disease is, I would never wish something so cruel on anyone no matter what they believe. The only thing that goes through my mind when i see stories like this, is the thought that i could be next lying in a bed gasping for dear life.

Valery0p, smf, Xzi and 1 other person like this.
  13. th3joker
    This message by th3joker has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Apr 18, 2020, Reason: Racism.
    Apr 8, 2020
  14. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...as much as I like to glee (even with mr. "herd immunity"), I rather wish we don't. The world total death toll is now...what? Over 80'000? These are all people who did both good and bad things in their lives. Underestimating the outbreak obviously was their last mistake, but it shouldn't define who they were.

Besides: the grand majority of people underestimated the (let's be fair: unprecedented) way things turned out so far. Do we really get to laugh at people who were only slightly more stupid than us?

Sorry...what does that say? The article doesn't mention she got infected or not, and the video is in Chinese. :unsure:

If you want to claim that "ridiculous giraffe costume" > "retarded gun/religion logic" then you need to know the outcome.

Valery0p likes this.
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I posted the article as a form of comical relieve.

16. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    You might want to set the scene a bit better than that. I only knew of all this because of a breakdown somewhere else.
    Also is there not hysteria over it? Unwarranted overreaction tends to be what hysteria is an there is plenty of that going around. You can decry the hysteria without decrying putting big boy resources into fighting it as hysteria.

Is it really so different from watching someone die of CHF and their lungs filling, or regular things that we have seen for decades, if not centuries, that see you gasp for air at the end?

Not bad.
    Kung Flu fighting is where I would head though
    https://omny.fm/shows/bailey-and-southside-podcast/kung-flu-fighting-song

Deleted User likes this.
  17. WD_GASTER2

Developer

United States
    I don't even know why you are comparing it but given the fact that people are dying alone and scared to boot, yes it's worse but I don't even know why we are comparing if something is so bad in comparison to another I'll fate. Point is it sucks and no human being deserves something so awful. Chf is awful too but you don't see it happening en masse do you?(and yes I'm aware that more people have died from chf in decades however it's something I would not wish upon anybody either)

Last edited by WD_GASTER2, Apr 9, 2020
  18. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    That people are afraid because it is new and novel at some level, even if symptomatically it is fairly run of the mill.
    Were it normal and banal then meh. Also most people that aren't killed instantly die (or spend any number of their final hours) scared and alone, even when they have their family or whatever surrounding them.

Also yeah I don't particularly care to see people die either. Seems redundant, if not irrelevant, here though.

19. WD_GASTER2

Developer

United States
    no disrespect but dont measure others with the same stick that you measure yourself. you may just miscalculate another persons character

either way ill leave it there. enough stress at work with what is currently going on. The last thing i want to do after taking a ton of precautions to not get infected daily, is to get into an argument on the internet.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2, Apr 9, 2020
    Xzi likes this.
  20. WarioWaffles

WarioWaffles GBAtemp Regular

United States
    After seeing so many people do stuff like this I think unnecessary bravado and risk tasking is just another fear response, they do stupid shit because they don't want to believe there is danger and acting normal and having that normalcy rewarded gives them a great amount of comfort (until or if they pay dearly for it).

There are people out there taking unnecessary risks and coming out unscathed and there are people doing everything right and getting destroyed by it.

21. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    China is the sole reason this virus got out...

22. smf
    This message by smf has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Apr 18, 2020, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Apr 18, 2020
  23. th3joker
    This message by th3joker has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Apr 18, 2020, Reason: Low IQ post.
    Apr 18, 2020
  24. smf
    This message by smf has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Apr 18, 2020, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Apr 18, 2020
  25. th3joker
    This message by th3joker has been removed from public view by AlanJohn, Apr 18, 2020, Reason: Low IQ post.
    Apr 18, 2020
  26. th3joker
    Apr 18, 2020
  27. smf
    Apr 18, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Coronavirus, attending, hysteria