Homebrew Question Nut works fine over USB, seems to connect over network, doesn't list files over network

falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've gone to town making sure ports aren't blocked, Windows and Malwarebytes aren't blocking it, without success. The Nut GUI shows scanned files and the generated JSON is seemingly populated correctly. The Nut console sees a connection but does nothing more and Tinfoil doesn't list any files.

What could be the problem?

I've found others who never solved this went on to use Caddy, which I'm now attempting to use. I've got that going pretty easily (v1) but don't know how to make that work with Tinfoil. Alternatively, if you'd care to share how you made Caddy work in Nut's place I'm all ears.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've gone to town making sure ports aren't blocked, Windows and Malwarebytes aren't blocking it, without success. The Nut GUI shows scanned files and the generated JSON is seemingly populated correctly. The Nut console sees a connection but does nothing more and Tinfoil doesn't list any files.

What could be the problem?

I've found others who never solved this went on to use Caddy, which I'm now attempting to use. I've got that going pretty easily (v1) but don't know how to make that work with Tinfoil. Alternatively, if you'd care to share how you made Caddy work in Nut's place I'm all ears.
Are you using the "New Games/DLC/Updates" lists on the left or going to usb:// or usbfs:// in the file browser? usbfs:// only lists files that are in the same directory as Nut from what I hear. usb:// and the "New" tabs list whatever is added to the list in the Nut GUI.

falcorr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
/api/directoryList outputs:
{"dirs": [{"name": "."}, {"name": "C"}, {"name": "E"}, {"name": "F"}, {"name": "G"}, {"name": "J"}, {"name": "K"}, {"name": "M"}, {"name": "N"}, {"name": "O"}, {"name": "P"}, {"name": "S"}, {"name": "T"}, {"name": "U"}, {"name": "V"}, {"name": "W"}, {"name": "X"}, {"name": "Y"}], "files": []}

I've been having more luck with Caddy. Tinfoil can access its contents fine except doesn't pick up the listed filesizes. Any idea how I might fix that? Could I perhaps use Nut to generate an appropriate file that Caddy could host and Tinfoil could then read for filesizes?

Last edited by falcorr,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you set the address in tinfoil? select file browser/usb then press X and set the address and protocol that appears in nut once connected you set folder destination in nut click scan then you should be able to see game files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s