NUT GUI USB and Network installer for Tinfoil and SX Installer

Easiest way is to just download nut.exe to the directory where your NSP's are, and start it. Will install NSP's from your PC to the switch via USB or network connection. The games will show up on the switch (in the "new games" section) to install, the PC client is just a dumb server. Default username and password is guest/guest for network install.

# USB Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

Follow the directions found in the release page to install the USB driver.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Connect your USB cable from your switch to your PC.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, and all of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

# Network Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, then go to locations, then select "Add New" location. Enter the ip, port, username, and password that is displayed in the nut server application, then press save.

All of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

changelog:

- Scan path is now saved and remembered.
- Web GUI is now works with the windows release.
- Web gui optionally launches at application launch.
- Various bugfixes / enhancements to web gui.
- Fixed display bug where username did not display in gui.
- conf/users.conf is created, and users can edit their username and password there.
- fixed random error when initializing.

Last edited by blawar,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My gosh you’ve got some front! It’s not that bad, it’s the best app we have so far that does everything that’s important. Just because you came up with rcm_payload reboot doesn’t make you the god of all devs to call his app “shitty” you go and develop something better and then have the balls to call it down!
I don't think I'm the god of all devs, I know I'm amateur at best, and as I made it clear I wasn't calling out the quality of his code but the arrogant antisocial attitude of it. I'm sure he's glad to have you standing up for him tho.

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think I'm the god of all devs, I know I'm amateur at best, and as I made it clear I wasn't calling out the quality of his code but the arrogant antisocial attitude of it. I'm sure he's glad to have you standing up for him tho.
That’s cool I just fancied like throwing my rattle out at the time mate, no offence intended! Blawar is rather talented, regardless I do like his drive towards the switch homebrew scene development.

Reactions: hippy dave

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That’s cool I just fancied like throwing my rattle out at the time mate, no offence intended! Blawar is rather talented, regardless I do like his drive towards the switch homebrew scene development.

you know, the fact that he is talented just make the thing worse actually, because he do "those things" on purpose, its not like his knowledge dont allow him to do it otherwise, he could do it in a way that would work for everyone, but he doesnt, and he never did, he do stuff on purpose to piss other people in an arm wrestling competition that happen in his head only

Reactions: hippy dave

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
you know, the fact that he is talented just make the thing worse actually, because he do "those things" on purpose, its not like his knowledge dont allow him to do it otherwise, he could do it in a way that would work for everyone, but he doesnt, and he never did, he do stuff on purpose to piss other people in an arm wrestling competition that happen in his head only
I will answer your comment but what I will not do is get into any sort of flame war! I cannot knock blawar at all, he always keeps his apps up to date, he always puts time & effort into his work and none of these items are done automatically so yes I do have time for him also his team members alongside, if what he creates does not suit everyone then that’s hard shit! If he gets paid for what he does then fair play, good luck to him.

GnK23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DV1BY2M

https://ibb.co/DV1BY2M
any idea how to fix this? it seems the gui needs internet access before it proceeds with the menu. Is it possible @blawar to have an ofline version of the gui? I would only want to use the usb transfer function.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes ver 2.1
whenever I turn on my laptop without any connection to the internet this happens.
I also tried the old release. Same issue

I do not believe it is trying to reach out, I think it is erroring out trying to get an ip address which does some DNS tricks to find your internal ip. however if you just want usb run nut.py --usb

Master_Goofy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
how has the conf to be modified to use another IP Adress and Port?
Everytime I modified it nut set it back to original version...

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This used to work great. I didn't use it for a while. I updated. Downloading nut.exe and running it, alongside my prod.keys. It scans and finds files. I load up the browser, 404. I ran it via python3 instead of the .exe. I got the browser to load NUT: no files. All files show under the Nut server gui.

Edit 1: I got caddy working. Config issue with caddyfile.

Edit 2: Nut server gui over usb works great. Still not listing the files under the network option. I tried binding it to my local IP, localhost, default, nothing works. NSPs show in the web server gui but when I go to the folder in a browser or Tinfoil, I get a 404 or just empty.

Last edited by OrGoN3,
Reactions: falcorr

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
This used to work great. I didn't use it for a while. I updated. Downloading nut.exe and running it, alongside my prod.keys. It scans and finds files. I load up the browser, 404. I ran it via python3 instead of the .exe. I got the browser to load NUT: no files. All files show under the Nut server gui.

Edit 1: I got caddy working. Config issue with caddyfile.

Edit 2: Nut server gui over usb works great. Still not listing the files under the network option. I tried binding it to my local IP, localhost, default, nothing works. NSPs show in the web server gui but when I go to the folder in a browser or Tinfoil, I get a 404 or just empty.
Hi, when you add the connection on Tinfoil, you need to select the protocol to"NUT" manually.
I hope it can help you. :D (The Github page haven't mention this step....)

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Why some NSP files are missing in Tinfoil (NUT Network mode)?
Is it because my NSP file name is missing the TITLE ID? Such as "Disney Tsum Tsum.nsp"

The USB mode is working fine. :P

S3phi40T

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why some NSP files are missing in Tinfoil (NUT Network mode)?
Is it because my NSP file name is missing the TITLE ID? Such as "Disney Tsum Tsum.nsp"

The USB mode is working fine. :P
Exactly.

Wysłane z mojego Redmi K20 Pro przy użyciu Tapatalka

angelo93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a rather peculiar issue. I've been using NUT fine for a couple of months now and the last time I used it, it ran fine. I haven't installed a new game for a couple of weeks, but now NUT won't recognize that my Switch is connected by USB. I've tried restarting and switching ports to no avail. Anyone have this issue before? How'd you fix it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind!! Fixed it. The new Windows update for Xbox Game Pass reinstalled my switch drivers. Had to uninstall and reinstall through Zadig. I swear, everytime Windows updates something breaks :(

Reactions: jasonhk

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I've got a rather peculiar issue. I've been using NUT fine for a couple of months now and the last time I used it, it ran fine. I haven't installed a new game for a couple of weeks, but now NUT won't recognize that my Switch is connected by USB. I've tried restarting and switching ports to no avail. Anyone have this issue before? How'd you fix it?
For the USB driver issue, I found that the Zadig.exe cannot detect the "Nintendo Switch" in sometime or some PC,
It will detected the "Libnx USB comms" device,
It is the Nintendo Switch device, You just need to install the driver again. Then the USB mode of Tinfoil should be fine.

I cannot post the image directly. XXXXs://na.cx/i/fDPQVoB.jpg

Zakie

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok so i fixed the problem but my games are not showing up from my nsp folder in my N drive? how do i fix this

Reactions: jasonhk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...