NUT GUI USB and Network installer for Tinfoil and SX Installer

Easiest way is to just download nut.exe to the directory where your NSP's are, and start it. Will install NSP's from your PC to the switch via USB or network connection. The games will show up on the switch (in the "new games" section) to install, the PC client is just a dumb server. Default username and password is guest/guest for network install.

# USB Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

Follow the directions found in the release page to install the USB driver.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Connect your USB cable from your switch to your PC.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, and all of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

# Network Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, then go to locations, then select "Add New" location. Enter the ip, port, username, and password that is displayed in the nut server application, then press save.

All of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

changelog:

- Scan path is now saved and remembered.
- Web GUI is now works with the windows release.
- Web gui optionally launches at application launch.
- Various bugfixes / enhancements to web gui.
- Fixed display bug where username did not display in gui.
- conf/users.conf is created, and users can edit their username and password there.
- fixed random error when initializing.

Last edited by blawar,

KuranKu

I am KranK
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Highlight usb, press x to add new location, change protocol to nut, fill in the rest of the info.
Works like a charm thanks mate ....

Attachments

• 15502454183553261152663399509101.jpg
    15502454183553261152663399509101.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 673

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
i dumped my keys with lockpick, changed the name to keys.txt and pasted it into the tinfoil folder, but when i launch it i get a missing master key 6 error, is that normal?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't ignore it, it sounded like a suggestion. Paths are hard coded for maximum compatibility and to make it easy to install.
"Need" doesn't imply a suggestion. What could be easier than keeping the files next to the .nro? Forcing a fixed path is unfriendly at best.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dumped my keys with lockpick, changed the name to keys.txt and pasted it into the tinfoil folder, but when i launch it i get a missing master key 6 error, is that normal?

That is normal if you dumped your keys on 5.X firmware. You wont be able to install 6.X games until you get the key. Some googling might locate it for you.

smurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This NUT.exe works very well but I can't install a local nsp update because it is not listed by NUT, how can I force it?
The log says "no titleid set"

Last edited by smurf,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
@blawar I've got all my nsps in the server list but if I put in sx installer nut then my ip then port User and guest it just shuts the switch down when I click on save? also I have tried to put it into the conf file but it wont connect to the server?

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This NUT.exe works very well but I can't install a local nsp update because it is not listed by NUT, how can I force it?
The log says "no titleid set"

put [titleid] in the file name of the NSP, like in the screenshot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@blawar I've got all my nsps in the server list but if I put in sx installer nut then my ip then port User and guest it just shuts the switch down when I click on save? also I have tried to put it into the conf file but it wont connect to the server?

If you have windows, disable or configure your windows firewall.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country

@blawar it certainly is finding my Switch you can read it in the cmd box it says the nsw id then it says "routing to get search" but nothing is showing in the sx installer file browser window is just empty?

Last edited by Reecey,

smurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I putted the id, now the title is listed but with size=0

oblid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Amazing work Blawar, your work is highly appreciated.
No more python for me! (at least for now)

This mini-tool works fine, and can install games without any issues, BUT i did come across one BUG;
instead of choosing to install a game, if let it idle (or do nothing) for exactly 1 minute, the following prompt pops up and it keeps repeating it self over and over:
usb exception: [Errno None] b'libusb0-dll:err [claim_interface] could not claim interface 0, win error: Cannot create a file when that file already exists.\r\n'

Once this prompt pops up, both tinfoil and sx launcher freezes, I would have press the home button to reload the app.
Again, this only happens if leave tinfoil or sx launcher idle for exactly one minute. otherwise this mini-tool works fine if don't let it idle for one minute.

I tried two USB type c cables, and same thing happens (i don't think its a USB cable bug)
Just want to know, has anyone one come across this? or does this bug only happen to me.

Same problem.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
@blawar Got it working in the end thanks, it all shows up installs all ok as well getting about 9MB/s max on the switch which is not too bad I think.

Last edited by Reecey,

Extreme184X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@oblid
good to know i am not alone.

Can anyone else test this and confirm if they have this 1 minute idle bug that freezes Tinfoil/SX Installer with the looping prompt .

@Reecey
That's actually very slow, my minimum install speed starts at 28Mb/s and speeds starts climbing up towards 31-32Mb/s, probably goes higher than those speeds if the game size were bigger (USB Tested). some other users reported higher speeds. Maybe your card has low read and write speeds (could be wrong), but that speed you get is even slower than the old tinfoil which couldn't go higher than 13.5Mb/s for me.

crow132

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QVector<int>'
(Make sure 'QVector<int>' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
any idea why im getting that error?

also i dont get my games to show on the switch, is nut the protocol?

Last edited by crow132,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I putted the id, now the title is listed but with size=0

size=0 is should just be cosmetic, shouldnt matter.

@blawar Got it working in the end thanks, it all shows up installs all ok as well getting about 9Mb/s max on the switch which is not too bad I think.

9 MB/s is within the normal range for wifi, but still on the low side a bit. Make sure you are using at least 5Ghz wifi or ethernet.

@oblid
good to know i am not alone.

Can anyone else test this and confirm if they have this 1 minute idle bug that freezes Tinfoil/SX Installer with the looping prompt .

I was able to duplicate your issue, may need to send a keep-alive message.

QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'QVector<int>'
(Make sure 'QVector<int>' is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
any idea why im getting that error?

also i dont get my games to show on the switch, is nut the protocol?

ignore the qvector errors, they do not affect anything. It is the nut protocol. username and password is guest / guest.

Reactions: Reecey

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will there ever be a way to have DZ download from a gdrive account without running a network program. kinda like fartgate but access from a gdrive account instead.

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
9 MB/s is within the normal range for wifi, but still on the low side a bit. Make sure you are using at least 5Ghz wifi or ethernet
I’m using 5ghz WiFi at the moment I haven’t tried Ethernet yet I will tomorrow but it’s working really well thanks. They all show up in the correct columns as well dlc, update etc.. yeah it’s great!

Last edited by Reecey,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will there ever be a way to have DZ download from a gdrive account without running a network program. kinda like fartgate but access from a gdrive account instead.

No DZ won't, Tinfoil and SX Installer will though.

am i the only one who doesnt see "locations" in tinfoil?

Its called "File Browser", "locations" was the old name, I need to fix the reference.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.