RELEASE NUT GUI USB and Network installer for Tinfoil and SX Installer

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by blawar, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Fahim

Fahim Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    Canada
    welp i fixed everything! everything is back to normal!

jasonhk likes this.
  2. Jeshjesh

Jeshjesh Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2019
    United States
    I got everything setup for net, but when I start installing it will give an error about magic headers, and then later says failed to install. I will try getting screenshots next time I’m on it. Anyone have something I might check?

3. level42

level42 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2011
    Canada
    So, can I use NUT to install a 4GB+ file into my FAT32 SD Card over the network?

4. blawar
    OP

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    yes

5. level42

level42 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2011
    Canada
    I appreciate the feedback, however, whenever I try and select a NSP or XCI over 4GB, I get hundreds of errors saying:

6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Go back to using 2.2C instead, it will work all ok.

Edit: I don’t know why you just don’t use exfat & nut server 2.2C. It works flawless and so much easier.

Last edited by Reecey, Nov 12, 2019
  7. risq

risq Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    Netherlands

Last edited by risq, Nov 16, 2019
  8. level42

level42 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2011
    Canada
    Based on everything I've read, exFat is just way too susceptible to corruption ... more or less everyone says to avoid it.

9. nullstring

nullstring Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2019
    United States
    USB functionality is for windows only, is that correct?

I tried to use it under Linux and got a few usb exceptions. I don't think there is any 'libusbk' compatible driver for linux, which would be the issue.

Am I correct?

10. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Thanks for the advice apart from that did nut server 2.2c work for you as I suggested?

11. kidcharlemagne

kidcharlemagne Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2015
    Taiwan
    I recently updated SX Installer and SX Server (which is based on Nut) to the latest version, and I started having the same problem, regardless of file type or size, for anything served over my network. Nut Server was just updated to 2.4 only 11 hours ago, and the only note was "Fixed network installs failing." I tried that with SX Installer 3.01, and it now works perfectly, so I suggest you try it out.

12. blawar
    OP

blawar Developer

pip Developer
    Nov 21, 2016
    United States
    I pushed Nut 2.4 last night, that should fix the issue give it a try https://github.com/blawar/nut/releases/tag/v2.4

13. risq

risq Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2010
    Netherlands
    works fantastic with nsp's. as soon as renaming is done the "new games" feature is working great. same for updates and dlcs

there are ToDos/Bugs for XCI imho (tinfoil-latest 6.10/ nut-2.4)

1. xci's can be installed via usbfs, but cant be installed via the XCI tab. Error Message: "could not open nca! the same xci installs fine via usbfs though...
    2. All installed xcis show up with in the XCI tab with their file size, not installed xcis show up with 0 byte filesize.
    3. installation via usbfs cant be queued. if u go back to the main menu after a started install (like u could perfectly do with nsp's) the usb transfer stops with no error message (freeze)

are these known bugs?

generally it would be perfect, if XCIs would be treated from an organisational standpoint like nsps, especially shown up as "new games" if they are not installed.

Last edited by risq, Nov 20, 2019
  14. kitanii

kitanii Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    Have an issue with really slow USB installations using NUT. Made an issue ticket on github about it: https://github.com/blawar/nut/issues/156
    What install speeds are people getting over USB normally?

15. mdmachine

mdmachine GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    I normally get around 10-20MB/s. However I experienced this issue recently as well. Tested other installers and they usually performed at 1MB/s as well. But sometimes would be fine at 10-20.

Wireless and etc, work fine.

I see on github you mention SanDisk SD. Same as mine, and after some research it appears some people are suggesting SanDisk's specifically are known to either work at 10MB/s or 1MB/s. Apparently poeple see much better results with other brands such as kingston.

So if its not a wire or something else, its worth noting for troubleshooting purposes.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted