NUT GUI USB and Network installer for Tinfoil and SX Installer

Easiest way is to just download nut.exe to the directory where your NSP's are, and start it. Will install NSP's from your PC to the switch via USB or network connection. The games will show up on the switch (in the "new games" section) to install, the PC client is just a dumb server. Default username and password is guest/guest for network install.

# USB Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

Follow the directions found in the release page to install the USB driver.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Connect your USB cable from your switch to your PC.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, and all of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

# Network Install

Run server.py or Windows users can use the precompiled nut.exe in the release section.

After you run the server, ensure NSP's are visible in the list. If they are not, change the path and click the "scan" button.

Start Tinfoil or SX Installer, then go to locations, then select "Add New" location. Enter the ip, port, username, and password that is displayed in the nut server application, then press save.

All of the NSP's listed in nut server should now be available to install in Tinfoil or SX Installer.

https://tinfoil.io/Download#download

changelog:

- Scan path is now saved and remembered.
- Web GUI is now works with the windows release.
- Web gui optionally launches at application launch.
- Various bugfixes / enhancements to web gui.
- Fixed display bug where username did not display in gui.
- conf/users.conf is created, and users can edit their username and password there.
- fixed random error when initializing.

Last edited by blawar,

Verin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why you cannot use the latest update and still get full ram access on the homebrew menu?

I find this rather absurd. You also switched the mapped R to L and it brings up mercury instead of the homebrew menu... again no full ram access. I have uninstalled Tinfoil until you have sorted this out. I would love both but full ram access is more important to me between the two.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why you cannot use the latest update and still get full ram access on the homebrew menu?

I find this rather absurd. You also switched the mapped R to L and it brings up mercury instead of the homebrew menu... again no full ram access. I have uninstalled Tinfoil until you have sorted this out. I would love both but full ram access is more important to me between the two.

You can still get full ram access. Use a forwarder, SX OS, or ReiNX. It is an atmosphere issue with the new way they handle titlle overrides.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't try and blame your latest controlling bullshit on atmosphere.

The desired result was to restore the original way of launching hbmenu without hlding R, however atmosphere has no way to do this in the config without disabling title override.

Since title override is a meme people should feel bad for using anyway, it seems like a feature not a bug.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The desired result was to restore the original way of launching hbmenu without hlding R, however atmosphere has no way to do this in the config without disabling title override.

Since title override is a meme people should feel bad for using anyway, it seems like a feature not a bug.
...lol

Stop overwriting people's unrelated files and configs just because they try to use your shitty app.

FWIW I call your app shitty purely because it's always doing shit like this.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...lol

Stop overwriting people's unrelated files and configs just because they try to use your shitty app.

You call it an app, but its a pack. an environment. kosmos replaces configs, so do I :)

Edit: atmosphere is moving in a direction to try to kill homebrew applets. All I am doing is forking to prevent this. Right now its a soft fork with just forcing configs, but pretty soon, if they keep in this direction, it will have to be a hard fork.

Last edited by blawar,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You call it an app, but its a pack. an environment. kosmos replaces configs, so do I :)

Edit: atmosphere is moving in a direction to try to kill homebrew applets. All I am doing is forking to prevent this. Right now its a soft fork with just forcing configs, but pretty soon, if they keep in this direction, it will have to be a hard fork.
Oh ok sorry, my bad - your pack, your environment is shitty.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just saw your edit.

Edit: atmosphere is moving in a direction to try to kill homebrew applets.
tenor.gif
Like most of the stuff you come up with about atmosphere, you're wrong at best and being deliberately disingenuous at worst. The change to fix software keyboard for homebrew in applet mode is something a large number of people (users & devs) had been requesting for a long time, even tho the best answer is to not run homebrew in applet mode now the option is there to keep everyone happy. Everyone apart from you, of course. If your homebrew needs the extra ram then jump on board the universal push to encourage users away from applet mode, rather than insisting on being contrary and doing everything differently.

All I am doing is forking to prevent this. Right now its a soft fork with just forcing configs, but pretty soon, if they keep in this direction, it will have to be a hard fork.
Maybe you should just go fork yourself.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw your edit.

tenor.gif
Like most of the stuff you come up with about atmosphere, you're wrong at best and being deliberately disingenuous at worst. The change to fix software keyboard for homebrew in applet mode is something a large number of people (users & devs) had been requesting for a long time, even tho the best answer is to not run homebrew in applet mode now the option is there to keep everyone happy. Everyone apart from you, of course. If your homebrew needs the extra ram then jump on board the universal push to encourage users away from applet mode, rather than insisting on being contrary and doing everything differently.

Maybe you should just go fork yourself.

The developers have said as much, go read their public comments. They could have used a flag in the nro flags header to determine an nro wanted memory reserved -- they didnt do that, because they do not care and want you to run all homebrew through title override anyway. The other thing was inverting the hold R behavior. They do not like applets, and they do not like NSP forwarders.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The developers have said as much, go read their public comments. They could have used a flag in the nro flags header to determine an nro wanted memory reserved -- they didnt do that, because they do not care and want you to run all homebrew through title override anyway. The other thing was inverting the hold R behavior. They do not like applets, and they do not like NSP forwarders.
Like I said, yes they want to encourage people away from applet mode. But the change you're talking about isn't to stop homebrew in applet mode, it's to make it work better for what people wanted (software keyboard).

While we're on the subject of your disingenuousness, you always try to excuse your software's shitty behaviour with "<other homebrew> does <thing> too", but as usual you're full of shit, and kosmos doesn't refuse to work if the user changes any files or config.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, yes they want to encourage people away from applet mode. But the change you're talking about isn't to stop homebrew in applet mode, it's to make it work better for what people wanted (software keyboard).

While we're on the subject of your disingenuousness, you always try to excuse your software's shitty behaviour with "<other homebrew> does <thing> too", but as usual you're full of shit, and kosmos doesn't refuse to work if the user changes any files or config.

You dont seem to understand, they did not need to kill memory for all applets -- only those that wanted to use the software keyboard. They chose to just kill it for everyone, because they dont want people using applet anyway.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You dont seem to understand, they did not need to kill memory for all applets -- only those that wanted to use the software keyboard. They chose to just kill it for everyone, because they dont want people using applet anyway.
Remember the bullshit excuse you used before for one of your apps about not wanting to add unnecessary code complexity? It made no sense in that context compared to your mess of DRM that it would have avoided, but it makes a lot of sense here.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember the bullshit excuse you used before for one of your apps about not wanting to add unnecessary code complexity? It made no sense in that context compared to your mess of DRM that it would have avoided, but it makes a lot of sense here.

its a single call to verify a file signature, there is no complexity, the code was already written for hekate lol.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's configurable anyway. Giving users the choice. Try it sometime.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to install Driver it says I have this one hidusb (v10.0.18362.175) will replacing it mess anything else up?

Last edited by laz305,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go to install Driver it says I have this one hidusb (v10.0.18362.175) will replacing it mess anything else up?

are you using Zadig? go to options/ new devices ?

40095550273_c0d7c4c4cd_o.png

FYI make sure the USB-C cable is a sync cable :yayswitch: and not just a charge cable because it will not sync to the device :hateit:

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
...lol

My gosh you’ve got some front! It’s not that bad, it’s the best app we have so far that does everything that’s important. Just because you came up with rcm_payload reboot doesn’t make you the god of all devs to call his app “shitty” you go and develop something better and then have the balls to call it down!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which game? which version of tinfoil? which version of nut?
Smash Bros., newest versions of Tinfoil and NUT (from github) and with Atmosphère (no hekate/Kosmos) with newest ES and FS patches.

Edit: Tried another dump of SSBU which now worked.
Odd thing is just, the other dump that did not work in the first place worked back then when SSBU was released and I was installing it originally.

Last edited by lordelan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1