Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

Trophies
XP
So a bit of a weird instance..

Tried downloading Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and downloading the files went perfectly, however trying to install them failed. Tried 3 seperate times in NUSspli and it failed each time, HOWEVER upon trying it in WUP Install it worked perfectly. These are the SAME files from NUSspli mind you..

Any idea why it fails install in NUSspli but not WUP Installer?

Edit: For clarification, no there were NOT any leftover / corrupt files in the Install folder of the SD card, USB or NAND. All of the corresponding Install folders were completely empty (before downloading the game files at least) at the time of doing this, so it wasnt an issue of past corrupt files lingering in the install folder.

Trophies
XP
@Korozin We changed the installer lately in a (failed) attempt to fix a bug. So what version of NUSspli are you using?

Other than that BIG NEWS: We finally found the source of the file corruptions: https://github.com/dimok789/libiosuhax/issues/7 - the next release will have a workaround for that. :)
It didnt offer an update when I launched via HBL so I assume v1.95 is the latest? If I'm wrong I can go update manually 😅

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didnt offer an update when I launched via HBL so I assume v1.95 is the latest? If I'm wrong I can go update manually 😅
Yep it is.

@V10lator
I was wondering, if I take a download with NUSspli, can I switch the fake ticket in the download with the one I have from a dump via dumpling? The reason is dumpling (or anything else for digital installs) dumps to loadiine format and requires repacking into WUP format which is a pain. But if I can take the download I get from NUSspli and update the ticket it would be a lot easier than repacking, I'm guessing. If it is possible anyway.

Xpl0itU

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yep it is.

@V10lator
I was wondering, if I take a download with NUSspli, can I switch the fake ticket in the download with the one I have from a dump via dumpling? The reason is dumpling (or anything else for digital installs) dumps to loadiine format and requires repacking into WUP format which is a pain. But if I can take the download I get from NUSspli and update the ticket it would be a lot easier than repacking, I'm guessing. If it is possible anyway.
Afaik yes you can, but, why would you? A fake ticket works just fine, NUSspli generates its own

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
can I switch the fake ticket in the download with the one I have from a dump via dumpling?
The ticket contains the decryption key needed to decrypt the .app files. This key is derived from the title ID. That said it should work as long as the title IDs of the disc and the NUS download are identical.

why would you?
Play w/o a CFW. Not sure why but some people seem to prefer that.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is the maximum a wiiU can Hold in WiiU mode and VWII mode exactly?
My wiiu is full in terms of space, strangely, in the uninstall menu, if I add all the size of games, it doesn't make a very high amount of space...
So this is why I suspect corrupted files or Temp files downloaded with Nuspli that didn't download "well" or weren't erased well afterwards , could it be possible that they are still there despite i cleaned them in the wiiu "uninstall menu"? This is why I spoke earlier of a "way" to clean files from the wiiu with NUSLPLI, a bit like CCCLEANER or some android file cleaner would do, could Nuspli have an option like this? Also, is there a way it show how much space you have left of the memory disk size of the wiiu?

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So this is why I suspect corrupted files or Temp files downloaded with Nuspli
The folders to look for such files are
/install/
/usr/import/*/

Note that stuff in /install/ isn't trash but something you downloaded but didn't install. There are users doing this on purpose, so us cleaning /install/ would be a nightmare.
Files left at /usr/import/*/ should never happen, so open a bug report for that in case you know how to recreate.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Isn't it possible to make a button to do a "del *.*" in all the different directory there can be trash of files?
Also, I'm not sure of that, so cannot open bug report, it is just a "feeling" of this, as some space in my wiiU seems to have vanish. Not possible a indicator in nuspli of space left? I LIKE a lot the indicator small flag that says that this game , update or DLC has been installed on the wiiu!

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
v10lator, how to look like you said into
/install/
/usr/import/*/

And clean the files in the wiiu? Is there a tool to use?
Also What is the maximum a wiiU can Hold in WiiU mode and VWII mode exactly?

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a tool to use?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-ft...inject-failures-and-increase-bandwith.587455/
Also What is the maximum a wiiU can Hold in WiiU mode and VWII mode exactly?
The 8GB Basic Set has approximately 3GB available for data storage and downloads. The 32GB Deluxe Set has approximately 25GB available for data storage and downloads.
(Source: https://en-americas-support.nintend...wii-u-internal-storage-space-information#s1q1 )
SomecallmeBerto said:
vWii has something like 512MB.
(Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/vwii-storage-capacity.382482/post-5362235 )

//EDIT: You shouldn't use the internal storage of the Wii U through: Use an external hard drive. This will enhance the lifetime of your Wii U!

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The 32GB Deluxe Set has approximately 25GB available for data storage and downloads.+ 512MB for vwii
That means....where did the 6,5GB go?? Is there no way to improve data storage?
So WiiU FTP Server can help clean our wiiU? But, is there no "local" tool that can clean a wiiu?

Trophies
XP
The 32GB Deluxe Set has approximately 25GB available for data storage and downloads.+ 512MB for vwii
That means....where did the 6,5GB go?? Is there no way to improve data storage?
So WiiU FTP Server can help clean our wiiU? But, is there no "local" tool that can clean a wiiu?
you could theoretically make an app that cleans gunked Wii U storage but I dont advise it unless you know what you're doing with it, it's honestly really just easier to just hop onto FTP and delete the offending files.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Korozin, Your solution:
You need to have a pc, know the ip of the wiiu (how to get it), have the right app (ftpwiiu and download it) and guess it's intended for cleanup, have the "knowledge" what directory to delete, of course, don't delete something wrong......That is multiple things!
I my solution: Have the app like "wiiclean" or an option in "Nuspli", a menu called "clean wiiu", it would erased automatically what is in predetermined directory like: /install/ and /usr/import/*/....
Done!!! => no knowledge needed and no possibilty to screw your wiiu by someone with no expertise.....
I understand it might be very difficult to program as I don't code myself, but I would I have thought this would have been a few lines of code for a someone that know it's field.
But I must say..... Nuspli is already amazing now!! ;)

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Trophies
XP
@mrmagicm It wouldnt be too difficult to make but I personally dont trust myself enough to make anything that messes around with files. Although the only thing this would supposedly mess with is MLC data which you cannot brick from.

You need to have a pc, know the ip of the wiiu (how to get it)
You can technically do it with a mobile device as well, and FTPiiU returns IP Upon opening, the app is also included in most Homebrew packages even included in the official guides by wiiu.hacks.guide.

and guess it's intended for cleanup, have the "knowledge" what directory to delete, of course, don't delete something wrong......That is multiple things!
While it isnt really intended for cleanup it still accesses system files so this use should be relatively implied.. Also the only directory you need to go to is storage_mlc or storage_usb/usr/import and any directory inside of there will be a failed install, otherwise import will always remain empty
I my solution: Have the app like "wiiclean" or an option in "Nuspli", a menu called "clean wiiu", it would erased automatically what is in predetermined directory like: /install/ and /usr/import/*/....
While it would be convenient it also isn't necessary, also with "/usr/import/*/" the star for User isnt needed as Import is global across system storage, not user specific so there shouldnt be much confusion
no knowledge needed and no possibilty to screw your wiiu by someone with no expertise.....
I understand it might be very difficult to program as I don't code myself, but I would I have thought this would have been a few lines of code for a someone that know it's field.
True while this would mean someone could do it with "No knowlege" It's also arguable that simple FTP experience with modding a Wii U should be one of the FIRST things you learn, thus invalidating that point. I understand convenience is a priority for some or the fact that not everyone has access to a constant usable device, but in most circumstances that isn't the case.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That means....where did the 6,5GB go??
There's formatting overhead, there are system files...
Is there no way to improve data storage?
The information of the occupied space is directly from Nintendo. So why are you asing us? Go ask Nintendo...

my solution: Have the app like "wiiclean" or an option in "Nuspli", a menu called "clean wiiu"
Again: This is out of scope. NUspli is a downoader/installer, not a storage cleaner. Go ask at https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-wii-u-homebrew-request-thread.424993/ for such things but stop bugging us as this gets annoying.
no possibilty to screw your wiiu
What if the tool has a bug and deletes the whole content of your NAND by accident?

Korozin...Do you learn how your car turn right signal works before using a car? ;)

Not sure if I understand what you try to say here but even the best drivers do accidents sometimes, right?

//EDIT: Now I get it: You want a car that repairs its turn right signal by itself when its defective!

//EDIT²: But to answer your question: Yes, I learn a bit of car mechanics before driving one. Here in germany you won't get a license when you refuse to learn the basics.

Last edited by V10lator,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As you said....Learn the Basics.
As on a car, like Change Tires, Put gas into car, Change filters,use wiper, turn the steering wheel, change break fluid, and car gears...Not go into the exhaust pipe and clean it!! Well; if you understand the concept, going with Ftpwiiu to clean inside a directory of a wiiu is likely the same.
"What if the tool has a bug and deletes the whole content of your NAND by accident?" => You V10lator & Friends here are programmers too HL to make a fuzz in the buzz. but I do undestand it's like asking the superfriends to save a cat on a Tree, sorry didn't want to bother, was just learning from you and giving my 2cents :grog:
Ps: learning FTPwiiU at the moment....

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As on a car, like Change Tires, Put gas into car, Change filters,use wiper, turn the steering wheel, change break fluid, and car gears...Not go into the exhaust pipe and clean it!!
Here are some questions you need to be able to answer when you want a license in germany:
The blinker light of the turn signal flashes considerably faster than usual. What could be the reason for this?
What can be the cause of a tail light failure?
The exhaust noise is suddenly louder than normal. What do you do?
The brake light of your vehicle does not work. What can be the cause?
How does the clutch of a passenger car work?
Your motor vehicle is losing some oil. How much drinking water can be rendered undrinkable by just one drop of oil?
The engine and the muffler of a vehicle are "tuned", what can be the consequences?
Why is the use of low-viscosity oils advantageous?
What do you need to know about catalysts?
Need more examples...? Now last warning: Stop this! We won't add this feature to NUSspli and with every time you ask chances get higher that we'll just ignore all your feature request in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1