Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

Trophies
XP
I always have to update NUSPLI from your site to SD, it cannot seem to update itself on my wiiu, I dunno why.....
If you're using the Channel version V10lator has already stated on GitHub that this is a known error and for the time being we just have to deal with it. My recommendation is to use the HBL version
Tried to download ninja pizza girl, but it fails....Maybe it is corrupted on nintendo side, can someone try?
Tried on my Wii U, worked fine. I HIGHLY doubt anything would be corrupted on the Nintendo side anyway.

Trophies
XP
Today I tried for the first time a larger game (Watch Dogs, 15gig) and while it appeared to download fine, it won't install to the HD (enclosure is externally powered with a 5v 2a wall wart it came with). I downloaded to the SD card then tried to install (with still over 50gig free on the card after the download). I did update to the latest NUSspli but I *may* have downloaded with 1.91 I can't remember if I saw the update available notification before or after the download.

Perhaps a glitch, but either way I will wait a bit before I try again. That was a lot of time and bandwidth lol.
It doesnt sound like a problem with NUSspli but my first idea would be to test a installation to the HDD from WUP Installer to verify that your drive is capable of accepting the installs.

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt sound like a problem with NUSspli but my first idea would be to test a installation to the HDD from WUP Installer to verify that your drive is capable of accepting the installs.
Well I have done installs with NUSspli, smaller though. Virtual console such as DS or NES. They all worked fine. Direct eshop installs work fine as well. However, the files downloaded with NUSspli wouldnt install with WUP oddly enough. But NUSspli zipped them in no problem.

BTW-is there a easy way of moving a packed download from SD to HD or vice versa if it won't install instead of downloading say all 15gb again to the different location? I have heard of some people having issues with it on HD or SD and switching to the other download location made the install work.

Last edited by Videomanman87,

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What I want to ask is if there’s any way to turn off the gamepad screen while it downloads something?
No. Well, in theory you could walk out of reach with the gameapad and wait for it to turn off or disconnect the battery or something but I guess you're searching a software solution.

I did update to the latest NUSspli but I *may* have downloaded with 1.91
https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/issues/80 - might have been fixed with 1.94. Keep in mind that you need to delete corrupted downloads before redownloading them.

I always have to update NUSPLI from your site to SD, it cannot seem to update itself on my wiiu, I dunno why.....
1.93 had some bug. Some older version had one, too, but in the majority of times updates should work just fine.

This has been suggested before and I'm not sure if V10lator has any plans of making this happening as it'd take a lot of work that isn't a priority at the moment.
Maybe with Aroma (will allow us to easily run things in the background (WUPS plugins), for example).

Reactions: ArgoRV
Trophies
XP
Maybe with Aroma (will allow us to easily run things in the background (WUPS plugins), for example).
A bit off topic to the thread here, but what actually is Aroma? I don't quite keep up with those scenes and doing a lazy search proved to show no information of value. (mainly cuz it was 3 AM and I was too tired to actually fully look)

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Korozin! thx for info on channel, I'll try it!
Maybe ninja pizza girl has pb on the euro pal side of eshop. I've downloaded a few virtual console no pb, pb seems possible with bigger roms. A way to "delete" corrupt download would be interesting in NUSPLI!!

Trophies
XP
Hi Korozin! thx for info on channel, I'll try it!
Maybe ninja pizza girl has pb on the euro pal side of eshop. I've downloaded a few virtual console no pb, pb seems possible with bigger roms. A way to "delete" corrupt download would be interesting in NUSPLI!!
As v10lator has said before, to delete failed / corrupt installs open an FTP server using FTPiiU_Everywhere and go to the corresponding download folder being either sd:/installl, storage_mlc/install or storage_usb/install and delete the contents of the install folder.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
or you can go in console parameter/ data management/copy+erase then suppress data (it asks if you wish to remove the corrupt installation), then remove the data (corrupt nus) from SD:\install...Hey Wait! Automation is the key, it would be nice if Nuspli could have something concerning that ^^

Videomanman87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/issues/80 - might have been fixed with 1.94. Keep in mind that you need to delete corrupted downloads before redownloading them.
Great, I was wondering about that as I noticed 1.94 today but didn't try it as I wanted to ask if I should zap the previous download first or just try again. Answered before I asked. :) Will give it a try tomorrow.

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Wait! Automation is the key, it would be nice if Nuspli could have something concerning that ^^
NUSspli is already doing a lot of automation in case of errors outside of its scope. In case of bugs I think it's better to actually track down & fix them than to waste a lot of manpower for complex automations which would get removed with the bugfixes anyway. So what are you requesting here?

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"So what are you requesting here?" Possible a "clean corrupt download" that supress file in wiiu "console parameter"/ data management/copy+erase then that suppress data the console is speaking of (it asks if you wish to remove the corrupt installation) and then that removes the data (corrupt nus) from SD:\install (the latest that went wrong), I don't know how to explain it in other words, you must face a corrupt download to understand the trick => but trully, you might be right, might be not needed because can be done afterwards manually, it was just an idea.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi guys, i recenlty had an issue with installing some games that i dl'd from NUSspli when it was on v1.88.
i though the issue was something worng with the HDD usb drive or the Micro SD card, as i got an "possble Bad SD card, Reformat 32k or replace" error code when trying to install these games from nusspli to my HDD:

Bayonetta, Bayonetta 2, Game & Wario, Yoshi's Wolley World & Project Zero maiden of blackwater Trail version & DLC.

nintendoland when i installed it using the same sd card to HDD that was dl'd from nusspil v1.88 installed just fine,
but not the other games above.

maybe those games where corrupted from dl using nsupli on v1.88?
as i tried to install them using wup installer (v1.0) and got the game exact error as i did on wup installer GX2 (v1.3)

so, the issue might be that the games downloaded were corrupt or not donwloaded proerply,
the sd card is fine as i chekced it using FilesX on mac and replaced it with a new one.

since then i have updated nuspli to the latest fw it has. (v1.94)? .

not sure if it's tiramissu that causes the not installed game issues or the need for mocha cfw?
but tiramisu hack doesn't need to have mocha cfw installed?

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Delete all the files downloaded with that version and redownload with v1.95.

the sd card is fine as i chekced it using FilesX on mac and replaced it with a new one.
That's good but did you actually make sure it's formatted to FAT32 with 32k clusters?

since then i have updated nuspli to the latest fw it has. (v1.94)? .
No. Newest is 1.95, released 3 days ago: https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/releases/latest

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Violator, any way to add "information" to something downloaded from nuspli?
For example, when you download an update that it adds "UPD" to the "directory name" on the SD? and adds "DLC" to the directory name when you download a DLC on the SD? Also, write somewhere that the "+" can toggle from a game to the update menu to the DLC menu when you are in the download. I must admit, didn't find it at the begginning ^^

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Possible a "clean corrupt download" that supress file in wiiu "console parameter"/ data management/copy+erase then that suppress data the console is speaking of
We are already doing a lot of that but we do that when we know it needs to be done only and we let MCP do a lot of cleanup, too. No idea why MCP doesn't clean up correctly in that case (Nintendo bug?) but again: In my eyes the correct fix of the problem is to not let the files corrupt in the first place. Adding more and more cleanup corner cases just adds complexity and as such maybe new bugs.

any way to add "information" to something downloaded from nuspli?
For example, when you download an update that it adds "UPD" to the "directory name" on the SD? and adds "DLC" to the directory name when you download a DLC on the SD?
It adds the title ID which contains this information: Split the title ID, throw away the last half and look at the last character only. From NUSsplis codes:
Code:
typedef enum
{
    TID_HIGH_GAME =            0x00050000,
    TID_HIGH_DEMO =            0x00050002,
    TID_HIGH_SYSTEM_APP =        0x00050010,
    TID_HIGH_SYSTEM_DATA =        0x0005001B,
    TID_HIGH_SYSTEM_APPLET =    0x00050030,
    TID_HIGH_VWII_IOS =        0x00000007,
    TID_HIGH_VWII_SYSTEM_APP =    0x00070002,
    TID_HIGH_VWII_SYSTEM =        0x00070008,
    TID_HIGH_DLC =            0x0005000C,
    TID_HIGH_UPDATE =        0x0005000E,
} TID_HIGH;
So 0 = game, C = DLC, E = update.
Also you're able to specify a custom folder name containing all the information you want before downloading.

Also, write somewhere that the "+" can toggle from a game to the update menu to the DLC menu when you are in the download. I must admit, didn't find it at the begginning ^^
That sounds like a good idea. Will have a look into it soon.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Delete all the files downloaded with that version and redownload with v1.95.

That's good but did you actually make sure it's formatted to FAT32 with 32k clusters?

No. Newest is 1.95, released 3 days ago: https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/releases/latest

yeah, those games that were downloaded with v1.88 were broken or corruptted,
i wonder why tho, even tho i had used LAN adapter to dl instead of wifi.

i'll delete them & redownload again with v1.95, hope this time they will be okay.

yeah, i had reformatted my sd card to fat32 with 32k clusters using GUIformat on windows,
the issue was not my sd card, or usb HDD, but those imcomplete/corrupt installs of said games that failed to install proeprly and took up free space on my usb hdd, which in turn prevented anything new from installing on my hdd after those installs.

to fix the issue, i used the method described here to remove & clean the hdd from those imcomplete installs,

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...etc-installs-from-the-nand-usb-device.538246/

now my hdd is good for installing again, and I got my free space from those installs back :) .

good method to know for future use if this issues happens again :)

Filezilla didn't work for me for this fix, but winSCP did the tirck just fine :)

Trophies
XP
yeah, those games that were downloaded with v1.88 were broken or corruptted,
i wonder why tho, even tho i had used LAN adapter to dl instead of wifi.
Sometimes fetching files via network just corrupts upon download, stable connection isnt always the determining factor. Even just downloading a file off of Google can corrupt upon full download :')

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ¡¡¡ tttoN