Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

Jjsphlt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Tur7L3 PMed you to debug this more further. :)

Did you find out what was causing this error by any chance? I’m having the same issue with one title. Deleted, downloaded and re installed a couple of times and it still freezes on the games splash screen. The only thing I can think of is that it could have something to do with the ticket as it wouldn’t be deleted with everything else. I’m very new to all of this though, so that’s a stab in the dark at best.

3/4 games I’ve installed work perfectly though, fantastic program. Thank you for building it!

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those of you like me using an old version of CBHC, the homebrew launcher 1.4 that comes with it causes issues with installing content. Stuff downloads fine but when it goes to install it will say you're version of homebrew launcher is outdated. The easiest workaround I found was to download and install Homebrew Launcher 2.1 channel version and just use that when using NUSspii.

Just a heads up In case anybody else has this problem. Its working great now

V10lator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When i try to install multiple titles at once, i get this error. How can i fix this? It's a bit annoying to install all the titles manually.
This feature is not implemented, sorry.
Why isn't this program up on the homebrew app store yet?
Cause the developers and maintainers of the App Store are anti-piracy. NUSspli will never be included there.
From what i understand its not using a titlekey database at all like USB helper and freeshop does/did. Its actually generating the title keys using the leaked algorithm.
100% correct.
I can't imagine this is legal.
How could it be illegal to do math?
The programs themselves weren't illegal
Neither is NUSspli. At last when I say "this tool is for downloading freeware and educational purposes only". No software is illegal per se, it's always the users doing illegal stuff. ;)
If anybody is really liable mostly its the databases themselves
Which I am distributing for NUSspli. Remember: NUSspli does contain a offline copy of the database (in case servers will go offline some day) but it connects to a server to receive the newest copy (you can ofc. opt-out of this in the settings in case you think I'm collecting any kind of ata from you with this or feel uncomforable for any other reason). Now this is the real gray area, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_number - Thanks god I'm not living in the US so illegal numbers aren't a thing for me.
i don't think Nintendo can even tell the difference between a legitimate download and an illegitimate one anyways on the server side bc the title keys basically tell the server you have the right to grab those games.
For eShop only content they could check if you really purchased it but for titles also available on cartridge there's no chance. But even for eShop only content they don't seem to care anymore. Last sentence is my personal opinion but I have some kind of proof*.

This is just my personal understanding amd I could be wrong so take what i said with a grain of salt *shrugs*
Same here. I'm not a lawyer and ever country has its own laws, so if anyone has legal concerns please go to your local lawyer as nobody else is qualified to answer such qestions.
Did you find out what was causing this error by any chance? I’m having the same issue with one title.
Sadly not. @Tur7L3 was busy with real live when I asked him for debugging stuff and since then I never ever got a new reply. Will PM you tomorrow to ask for debugging stuff, too, so be prepared... ;)

Just a heads up In case anybody else has this problem. Its working great now
This is known and even written on the first post:
If you have any issues try to load this from https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/homebrew_launcher/releases/tag/v2.1_fix
Thanks to @alexander1970, @AmandaRose and @yoyoyo69 for figuring this out.
May I now what is the download speed (min/max/average) for the wii u games ?
That hardly depends on your network (Wifi or LAN is tone of the most important questions) but just have a look at this:
<

Could there be an option in the downloading screen where you can tell it to delete the last file it was downloading, redownload it and then move on from there?
Why would you want to do this? NUSspli should either resume the download from where it failed or delete the file for itself (depending on NUS replies).

//EDIT:
*) https://github.com/V10lator/NUSspli/blob/master/src/downloader.c#L53 ... Time for me to hide in a corner before the flamewar starts and you're going to kill me for this... And yes, NUSspli did this even before public release... In fact untill a few releases ago the string was even longer, it added "(WarezLoader, like WUPDownloader)". So Nintendo should have big, red warnings on their screens since around two years.. Or maybe I'm just working for Nintendo collecting all you bad pirates for the biggest mass-sue in history?

//EDIT²: For not so tech-savy people: NUSspli identifies itself to the NUS, so Nintendo could block it with ease. They didn't do this since ~2 years through and I don't think they will in the future. Wii U simply was a flop or them and is EOLed, too.

Last edited by V10lator,

4nders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a bit of a problem. Tried to download Mk8 and NSMBU Deluxe, both froze after downloading for 2 minutes. No info, no error message. I'm using CBHC 1.6 on Fw 5.5.5 E and latest NUSspli installed on home menu. Any suggestions!?
Thanks!

//

I managed to fix it! It's the Wii U's power supply through USB that wasn't enough to install games, only read when gaming. Fixed it with Y-cable with external power supply.

Last edited by 4nders,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is your friends list completely gone or just the data for it? it's probably located on the mlc like almost everything else including the home menu and browser.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I think uwizard requires you input the common key, ancast key, and espresso key, but they're the same for all wii u's, so you can google it. it has the sha-1 to tell you if they're correct once you paste them into the field.

Reactions: Kopimist

shadowshow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.40 release is giving me 160-2203 error via HBL, black screens, or getting stuck on boot logo from channel on Home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended