Hacking nusdownloader and tmd files from 3DS!?

EthanObi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just noticed when i was viewing files on 3ds sd card, there are TMD files. which CAN be viewed and possibly decrypted by NUSDownloader!! its just a theory. DONT FLAME ME FOR IT!

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not possible atm.

You NEED the COMMON KEY for decryption AS WELL!
The 3DS Common Key has NOT been publicly leaked/dumped yet
if it was as easy as you described it would have been done already in June 2011.

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flameflame.

No, it wouldn't work that way. You've gotta have the keys, and nobody's found them yet. Or, if they have, they're not sharing them.

EthanObi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait. common keys...hrm...anything like this?:675023AF4C419EB5?

every TMD on my SD card has that EXACT code inside of it when opened with NUSD

EthanObi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*cough*flamewars episode OMEGA attack of the trolls*cough* close this please....oh right. ill check my 2nd 3DS sd card! it has all the same apps on it. BRB!

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Agree with Collosal... if it was that easy, it woulda been done long ago. Also, probably should've gone under this sticky.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/307018-awesome-3ds-hacking-theories/

Not trying to flame, just sayin'.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the key have 128-bit encryption? Meaning that it would take somewhere around 100,000,000 years to find it or something? I remember reading an old thread about it....

Well, I (think) there was somewhere around 4 Quintilian possible keys to brute force, or maybe more. The '100,000,000 years' is just to say "don't even dare to brute force it." Using brute force - while it may work eventually - is a very, very terrible option in this case. Just wait for someone like neimod to find the keys with his RAM dumper. It'll be 100 million years faster than brute force :creep:

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TMDs aren't encrypted. Certainly not on Wii anyway, I would assume on 3DS also.

EDIT: Yeah, think I was right. Details on structure of TMDs here: http://3dbrew.org/wiki/TMD Seems pretty similar to Wii TMDs. There's also code by trap15 to parse them, available at 3dbrew at the link I gave above.

arashb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the key have 128-bit encryption? Meaning that it would take somewhere around 100,000,000 years to find it or something? I remember reading an old thread about it....

Well, I (think) there was somewhere around 4 Quintilian possible keys to brute force, or maybe more. The '100,000,000 years' is just to say "don't even dare to brute force it." Using brute force - while it may work eventually - is a very, very terrible option in this case. Just wait for someone like neimod to find the keys with his RAM dumper. It'll be 100 million years faster than brute force :creep:

Only assuming brute force doesn't guess it right on the first try :P. If it were to take 100,000,000 years then that would mean the encryption key is simply all 9s, correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a