Hacking NUSD System Menu 4.0e Now ?

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If i make a System Menu 4.0e (418) wad now will i get IOS60 v6174, or IOS60 v6400 (stub)
How do i tell what version i just downloaded and made a wad out off ?

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew browser has a utility called sign check that will create a .csv worksheet of all your IOS with their versions......or

Use Dop-IOS mod to check which IOS60 you have, if your Wii has internet connection and it's v6400 I think you can just use that to install the v6174.

Without Wii internet it has the added steps of using Any Title Deleter to get rid of the stub v6400, and using NUSD to download IOS60 v6174 from the IOS menu as it is NOT included with the system menu download.

Use Wad Manager to install IOS60 v6174. Exit use Dop-IOS to check that it is v6174. Launch Wad Manager Again install System Menu Wad.

Make sure to install, and check that you have the working IOS60 v6174 BEFORE installing a 4.0 or 4.1 System Menu as it WILL brick your Wii if you Install 4.0 or 4.1 with the non functional IOS60 v6400 stub.

You'll have to reinstall Preloader when done install the System Menu.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
None of you have answered his question yet, but I'm not exactly sure of the answer myself.

The System Menu and IOS are different. The System Menu uses the IOS. 4.0/4.1 uses IOS60, 4.2 uses IOS70.

So, I don't think it (NUS-Downloader) uses IOS60, it just gets the System Menu WAD. It's a matter of what IOS versions you have on your Wii.

If you install SM4.0 on your 4.2 Wii, it'll brick cause IOS60 is stubbed.
If you install SM4.2 on your 4.0, it'll brick cause you don't have IOS70.

Like someone has said, check what you've actually got on your Wii first before you do anything.

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NUS_Downloader

NUSD is a PC based program so it doesn't use any IOS.

And it can be used to download any version of an IOS, System Menu, or channel(Internet,Shop,etc.) straight from the the big N.

I'm assuming he had 4.0e, as listed in his sig., updated as many of us have, but wants to get back to a version he can play his imports on as 4.2 doesn't do region free Wii games only GC.

Of course we know what happens when we assume........

QUOTE said:
using NUSD to download IOS60 v6174 from the IOS menu as it is NOT included with the system menu download.

I assumed you could read....maybe you should just stick with the guitar young one.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
DaMan4169 said:
maybe you should just stick with the guitar young one.
He asked about getting SM4.0 from NUS_Downloader (and if it includes IOS60), not about getting IOS60.

Anyway, he won't get any version as he won't get any IOS.

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its to to mod my wii, but if i do a friends or work mates wii

All i want to know if i use NUSD to download and pack System Menu 4.0e (418) will it or wont it contain IOS60 Stub or the earlier safe IOS60

Simple question Yes or No / Safe or Not Safe

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use NUSD to download the system menu 4.0e wad it wont contain ANY IOS60!!!!....you have the download the IOS60 to get the IOS60....got it?? Judging by your question, I recommend you doing nothing to your Wii

DaMan4169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are doing the full mod on a virgin 3.x-4.1, then you don't have to worry about the IOS60 v6400 stub as it is part of the 4.2 update.

The only change from 4.0 to 4.1 was a bug fix for the Wii Motion video so you don't have to keep watching it after playing a game from SD. So you might as well just follow that guide........

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just upgrade to 4.2, as it doesn't have any advantages nor disadvantages over 4.0 or 4.1....each system menu is completely compromised at this point, it really doesn't matter

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Simple answer: you don't get any IOS when dowloading the System Menu from NUS, those are two different things and they must be downloaded separately. NUS Dowloader let you choose the versions you want to download, use it wisely. The version number is also in the filename of the WAD that got packed.

Basic rule: don't try anything on your Wii because you "think" it will work, you'd better always have to be sure about what you are doing . Unfortunately, all the contradicted posts by people who "think they know" in these forums doesn't help very much...

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Simple answer: you don't get any IOS when dowloading the System Menu from NUS, those are two different things and they must be downloaded separately. NUS Dowloader let you choose the versions you want to download, use it wisely. The version number is also in the filename of the WAD that got packed.

Basic rule: don't try anything on your Wii because you "think" it will work, you'd better always have to be sure about what you are doing . Unfortunately, all the contradicted posts by people who "think they know" in these forums doesn't help very much...

1.I think we've established the fact that you wont get an IOS by downloading the System Menu.

2.I'm pretty sure that none of the above replies contradicted themselves in any way

3.He could be infact using NUSD 1.3beta, and doing a "simulated update", hence why he wants to know if a stub IOS will be included or not

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks people, that all i needed to know, No IOS's when downloading a System Menu, so i can safely install 4.0e that i downloaded, on a friends wii, by swapping "System Menu-NUS-v450.wad" to "System Menu-NUS-v418.wad", from this guide
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Thats all i want to do change one part of xzxero's guide so its 4.0e and not 4.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I guess Ancientboi would be Peter