WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Right now I have little time to work on NUSD, and this will most likely be the case for awhile. I figured many of you would like to try out the latest build, so I'm releasing a public beta. I believe it should be mostly solid as far as the previous features go; the trucha editor is still buggy.

Big changes from v1.2:

* Database updates via the GUI.
* Simulated Wii Updates for each region.
* Optimized WAD Packing code.
* WAD File may be saved to a user-specified location.
* You can chose to delete the contents after WAD packaging.
* Support for NUS scripts (used by Wiimpersonator, etc.)
* Proxy configuration and authentication (Tested by Napo7)
* Certs collected on the fly (No more cert.sys)
* Windows 7 taskbar support.
* WAD naming scheme updates (Suggested by Attila)

A few of the new online features have not been written as background code. I suppose a known bug would be that if you start messing with the form during database update or Wii update simulation, it might lock up temporarily.

NUS Scripts are backwards compatible with Wiimpersonator, Wiimposter, and icefire's NUS WAD Packer. They are now the standard in batch NUS operations (a bit lacking, but standards are standards). When you simulate a Wii system update, instead of starting to download everything, the update is saved as a script. You can then run the script from the Extras menu, or modify it and do whatever with it (give it out as part of tutorials, etc.). I haven't perfected how individual options are specified during a script operation, so if you want WADs I'd suggest checking the box before you start. Obviously this is lacking the ability to single out what files you want WADs for, as well as other options, but it should hopefully work for now.

Download: NUS Downloader v1.3 Beta

Any suggestions you have will not be ignored, however a final build will not be likely soon.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! One of the most useful apps out there
smile.gif
I'll be testing this one right away
smile.gif

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to tell you-when you said in the log about making the scripts directory, you write " - Created 'scrips' directory." Scrips.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
well, something that was working in 1.2 is broken in 1.3beta

downloading a vc/ww game while ignoring the ticket is not working anymore, it stops after downloading the prerequisites.

1.2 does that very well
smile.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
beegee7730 said:
"Optimized WAD packing code"
What does this mean, smaller .WAD files?

It's impossible to reduce wad files in size (without having some sort of mediator installer that would interpret some compressed file). Basically a few less file reads/writes are done, which might reduce the packing by a second or so.

I've fixed both the typo and VC/WW ticket issues locally.
wink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Would it be possible to make it download all things that are written in a certain file?
For example if the file has:
IOS && IOS16 && vLatest
System && System menu && v???[/p]
Then NUSD downloads IOS16vLatest and System menu v???

?
Would be useful for guides that tell you to download a lot of things

Or is that the script thing?

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Script format is as follows. The Title ID followed by the version in hex (2 bytes).

Code:
0000000100000002 0121
0000000100000101 0009

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know if Wiimpersonater supports the NUS scripts? It's not even available to normal people. And instead of calling it lacking, why don't you give us a few suggestions.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Omega Knight said:
How do you know if Wiimpersonater supports the NUS scripts? It's not even available to normal people. And instead of calling it lacking, why don't you give us a few suggestions.

NUS scripts are outputted by Wiimpersonator.

The format itself is fine for the purposes of the other applications, however there's no way (without breaking the 'standard') to add additional variables. It ends up being the script interpreter's task to decide what to actually do with the content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.