Hacking NUS Downloader U 401 Error?

skydancer93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (EUR) on my NTSC-U Wii U with Loadiine. Tried MiiMaker on v4 and both Smash and MiiMaker on v3 and I keep getting an error.

Looked at the compatibility list and saw that I needed the v32 update apparently.

Went to download it with NUS Downloader U through UWizard and kept getting a 401 error.

So, how can I download this update that I apparently need to run this game?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (EUR) on my NTSC-U Wii U with Loadiine. Tried MiiMaker on v4 and both Smash and MiiMaker on v3 and I keep getting an error.

Looked at the compatibility list and saw that I needed the v32 update apparently.

Went to download it with NUS Downloader U through UWizard and kept getting a 401 error.

So, how can I download this update that I apparently need to run this game?

Use NUSGrabber (Command line version). It always grabs the latest update, and it's really simple to use.

How to use it:

1. Place NUSgrabber.exe and it's files in it's own folder
2. Go into this folder and hold shift and right click, choose open command prompt here
3. type: NUSgrabber.exe 0005000E1019800
(Note: this is a random made up title ID, go HERE to find the proper one, using ctrl F)
(Note: you can specify the version after the title ID, but not specifying anything will download the latest)

It will download the files, and when it's done, all the files will be encrypted so you'll have to decrypt the update to be used with Loadiine.

You'll need to place the common key .bin file in the folder containing the update.
More on decrypting updates HERE

Last edited by MattKimura,

Krantor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use NUSGrabber (Command line version). It always grabs the latest update, and it's really simple to use.

How to use it:

1. Place NUSgrabber.exe and it's files in it's own folder
2. Go into this folder and hold shift and right click, choose open command prompt here
3. type: NUSgrabber.exe 0005000E1019800
(Note: this is a random made up title ID, go HERE to find the proper one, using ctrl F)
(Note: you can specify the version after the title ID, but not specifying anything will download the latest)

It will download the files, and when it's done, all the files will be encrypted so you'll have to decrypt the update to be used with Loadiine.

You'll need to place the common key .bin file in the folder containing the update.
More on decrypting updates HERE
Wow, this actually got it working for me. Thanks a lot. I wasn't aware of the hold-shift part and it's not mentioned on any guide I read.
Now I've got just one question. Is the WiiU supposed to crash after I run the exploit for the second time and go back to the main screen, or should it work normally?

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this actually got it working for me. Thanks a lot. I wasn't aware of the hold-shift part and it's not mentioned on any guide I read.
Now I've got just one question. Is the WiiU supposed to crash after I run the exploit for the second time and go back to the main screen, or should it work normally?
After running the Ksploit aka Loadiine exploit, you'll hear "Beep beep" if it worked. If it fails, it will say "Race attack failed". So you'll have to go to system settings, exit then try again. Once you hear beep beep, you go back to the browser and run Loadiine.

Loadiine asks you to press A, but thee's a chance the system might hang on this screen. Just hold the power button and redo everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo