Hardware Nunchuk Help?

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I'm having some problem with the motion sensing for Nunchuk since yesterday.

I was playing Monster Hunter Tri, and out of a sudden, my Nunchuk seems to sense my motion despite the fact that I didn't move my {left} hand. Okay, save for stuffs like picking up herbs, but when I'm doing quest, the moment I approach the supply item box, *poof*, the supply item dialog came out. However, once I press B, the supply item dialog went down, but came up automatically by itself again. The only way to stop this is to unplug my nunchuk. And trust me, this gets EXTREMELY IRRITATING especially when doing quests.

I decided to test it out with Wii Sport's Boxing, since it supports motion sensing of nunchuk, and to my surprise, my nunchuk could only work on horizontal axis (left/right) and not vertical axis (up/down).

Rebooted my Wii, cleaned my connector plug and have done all the necessary procedures, but it still didn't work. Tried with my friend's nunchuk, and everything was perfect.

I did some googling and found out that some people have the same problem. Some claimed that smacking nunchuk works (which didn't for me ... or maybe I didn't smack it very hard), while others said that the accelerometer in the nunchuk is loose, and the only way to fix it is to disassemble the nunchuk.

Any idea fellow tempers?

Thanks!

oh-wiilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there's been bad reports on non-original controllers.
perhaps your controller/s are the cheaper imports (?).
try interchanging with another controllers (for sanity's sake).

XtremeCore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh-wiilly said:
there's been bad reports on non-original controllers.
perhaps your controller/s are the cheaper imports (?).
try interchanging with another controllers (for sanity's sake).

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, my nunchuk is the one that comes with the Wii console itself.

Borrowed my friend's Wii remote and it didnt work either ...

I guess it's the nunchuk's fault ... remembered that I accidentally dropped my nunchuk the day before I think o.0

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go to Nintendo to ask them to repair your 'chuk. If they won't, or if its more expensive then actually buying a new one (perhaps from Amazon) then buy a new one.

it would be nice if the Nunchuk actually would start boxing by itself - then I would want to have it so i only have to modify the wiimotes accellerometer (just kidding)

oh-wiilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as your nunchuk is already damaged & assumed out of warranty, then it wouldn't hurt to try & take it apart to try a fix.
it sounds as though it's only some contact points making contact where it's not needed.
if you're up to it .... or maybe friend can help (?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte