Nunchuck wore out

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dsbomb, Aug 7, 2007.

Aug 7, 2007

Nunchuck wore out by dsbomb at 4:00 PM (1,078 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. dsbomb
    OP

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've had my Wii since launch time and it's been wonderful and all that. But lately, I've been having some flaky behavior from my nunchuck. First, in Blazing Angels, the tilting seemed a little off. It wouldn't roll to the right all the way, I would make a fairly slow turn instead of going any steeper. It's not all the time, but often enough to be noticeable. Now, I try playing Strikers, and the joystick is now doing similar things. For instance, I won't be able to go left for a few minutes. Then it'll start working again. A bit later, my guy will refuse to go right.

It's only $20 to replace, and I probably will. But has anyone else had any similar problems? Nintendo usually does quite well with their hardware quality, so I didn't expect it to be failing already. I don't even play the system that heavily. It probably has averaged to an hour or so a week since I had it. Anything like this experienced by you kids with lots more free time on your hands??

2. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    If its still under warranty nintendo will replace it.

3. dsbomb
    OP

United States
    Sure, but who can wait that long?? [​IMG]

4. lotronex

Newcomer lotronex Newbie

United States
    try taking it to walmart. just tell them you got it there, but its defective. they'll usually exchange items even if you don't have a receipt.

5. sasuke_kun12

Member sasuke_kun12 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I dunno about you buy my wiimote is cutting sick lately. I mean when i use it, the cursor just blinks on and off

6. dsbomb
    OP

United States
    Well, I called Nintendo and they will send me a new one. They don't even want mine back.

If you're having trouble, give them a try.

7. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Since you have nothing to lose, might as well try to crack open the current one and tinker with it yourself. [​IMG]