Hacking NTSC VC to PAL VC list

FatMaserati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to make a list of which NTSC VC games work properly on PAL Wiis. This is because, IMO, PAL conversions suck.

So I want...

- ONLY NTSC VC games that work on PAL Wiis
- ONLY games that work properly, ie. 480i/p, not forced 576i (defeats the purpose of NTSC ROMs)
- The method of changing the region that worked for you
EDIT - At the moment, I'm not interested in games which have been injected.

UPADTED - GAMES THAT WORK PROPERLY:
Sin & Punishment --- Runs in 480p --- Used FreeTheWads and made it region-free.
Super Mario 64 --- Runs in 480i --- Used FreeTheWads and made it region-free.

If anyone else has made any other games work, please add it to this thread.
Thanks.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
yep in the end pal always ends in 'p'
while usa ends in 'e'

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Redsquirrel said:
yeah i wanna know if the wiiware final fantasy ntsc works on PAL as can not find a pal release.
you aint looking in the right places then, i had the jap version, then i got the NTSC version, and i currenty have the pal version now. because i like to keep things to my region

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
With freethewads :
Mario kart 64 and paper mario do not work. Forced 576i.
Injected smash bros NTSC into S&P NTSC works. 480p.

FatMaserati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've tried heaps of things with FreeTheWads and only Super Mario 64 has worked. I'm currently looking through the HEX to see why it works.

FatMaserati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sin & Punishment worked. Runs in 480p. Anyone know why it runs in progressive? Not complaining, just curious.
biggrin.gif

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
FatMaserati said:
Sin & Punishment worked. Runs in 480p. Anyone know why it runs in progressive? Not complaining, just curious.
biggrin.gif
its because the (some of them)emulator is made to run in 480p, nothing to do with the rom its self. VC games are made up of emulators HTML pages and a ROM of the original game, thats why injectiong roms works

FatMaserati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So each VC game has the respective emulator built in? Ah wicked. Thanks for that. I was wondering why Sin & Punishment was commonly used when injecting ROMs.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
yea tbh, if they installed an extra flash chip maybe a 128mb one stuck all the emulators on there, update it when needed, VC games would be smaller( about 8mb max for snes + 3mb for all the manual data) how much is a 128mb flash these days about £1 from whole sellers. if you think about it, i have about 2 pages of games, around 3 from each console, including 2 wiiware, now if all them VC games were that 6/7mb smaller, i could get another game on there easily,(148 blocks left) hopefully, when the external drive/solution comes out, the internal memory wont be a problem anymore, just install a 500gb HDD into that badboy lol

FatMaserati

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man, we really got shafted here in Aus. So many VC problems/bad conversions. I should just buy a US one and put this one in the bin.

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
FatMaserati said:
I've tried heaps of things with FreeTheWads and only Super Mario 64 has worked. I'm currently looking through the HEX to see why it works.

The US games are made to run in 480 60hz so there must be a way to patch them to not prefer 50hz on a pal wii.
The same issue was on the dreamcast Import ISOs, and the PAL Patcher 2.0 made it possible to remove the 50hz code or ad a forced code for every game.
would be cool if we could make a patcher for 480p 60hz so we dont need to use injection.
However there are so damn few N64 games released on the store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night