NTSC Rockband on a pal wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by grentuu, Jul 16, 2008.

Jul 16, 2008

NTSC Rockband on a pal wii by grentuu at 10:31 PM (2,784 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. grentuu
    OP

Member grentuu GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Couldn't wait for the uk release. Already have gh3 with 2 guitars, but really wanted to smack the drums.

Ordered from ebay from the US. With carriage I got it for £125 (which I believe is cheaper than the uk price for launch)

Unpacked it today and the bloody thing wouldn't work. It wanted to update and neither the guitar or the drums would connect in the software. 3 hours of trawling round google and so many people had the same problem.

Decided to download a US version and ran it through wiifree and brickblocker and guess what? Works a treat!! Hooked up the guitar and drums without doing anything lol

Back to smacking some skin.......

2. col55

Newcomer col55 Member

United States
    can you pm me some info on rock band usa, not in the usual places.thanks

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Unfortunately Rock Band is going to be made useless when they break out Rock Band 2 in a matter of months.

4. grentuu
    OP

United Kingdom
    Only got it as a stop gap until GH world tour comes.....

5. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Fair enough. I would get that except my room isn't big enough to hold all the instruments

6. grentuu
    OP

United Kingdom
    Neither have we the room, but I have a wife and two teenage girls who love playing it, so no arguments about buying stuff , just about who plays what and when.

We are going to have to buy a unit to put everything in.

In the lounge we have:

2 guitar hero guitars
    1 Rockband Guitar
    I Rockband set of drums
    1 mic
    1 Wiifit
    4 controllers and nunchuks

And now I am under orders to get a dance mat.......and we are getting Guitar hero world tour as soon as it launches!

Need a bloody extension on the house just for the wii accessories lol

7. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What version are you running? Im on 3.2e (the last version of before 3.3e), just used regionfrii and it asked me to update, so i brickblocked and reburned, now getting the "an error has occurred...." screen with every burn. Going to give WUM a go when i can get on the pc with the iso, but never used it before.

8. grentuu
    OP

United Kingdom
    3.3e & 1.9s wiikey, but do have homebrew channel installed

9. crezwell

United Kingdom
    Ok cheers, i ran it thru WUM but still no go, so probably got a corrupt iso. I was missing some rars (download limit exceeded on trial) so used the pars to create them, wasnt sure itd work, seems like it didnt!!! I'll try and get them and retry i guess......

10. Geek72790

Newcomer Geek72790 Advanced Member

United States
  11. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Same here, 3.2e pal wiikey 1.9s ,every disk gives an error , burnt :untouched, brickblocked,regionfrii, different media , different speeds, old disks are ok so im guessing it must be crappy media

12. grentuu
    OP

United Kingdom
    Using an unbranded DVD+R. Good solid purple base.

Img burn shows they have ritek dye. Sorry thats all I can tell you. Burnt with Nero at 4 speed. Brickblocked and Regionfrii'd and worked first time

13. col55

Newcomer col55 Member

United States
    me too unbranded dvdr worked first time also got track pack volume one working first time. i think you must have got a bad dump

14. scousethief

Member scousethief GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Possibly, burning now on sony dvd+r, sony dvd-r generic ritek g05 and verbatim 3 seperate downloads burnt 20 disks so far all fail, might be my wiikey ? 1.9s all disks previous to kung fu panda are fine, most of the games are burnt on generic g05 dye, only happening on newer games since i updated to 3.2e , ill change my wiikey and retune the wii's laser and post back if it fixes the problem.

15. crezwell

United Kingdom
    FINALLY got it working!
    Redownloaded, region frii'd and brickblocked (and trucha signed to get rid of #0001 error), still the same error screen. Then thought id just try it thru the Gecko OS in the off-chance. What do you know, it worked.
    Wierd cus still on 3.2e and all other trucha signed games work, but hadnt got anything new for a couple of months so maybe this is a sign of things to come, even on 3.2e?

16. kindaichi

Newcomer kindaichi Member

Hey,
    Did u guys have the Sync problem?
    I just got the USA Rock Band, and now i´m using 3.3J. Got the Rock Band USA, pass the Brickblocker, and Wiifrii. the game works, but the Guitar and Drum don´t Sync?
    Any sugestion???
    Thanks