NTSC/PAL Save File Converter For GC Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by thebib62, Jun 23, 2014.

1. thebib62
    OP

thebib62 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2009
    United States
    I'm looking to convert some save files that were originally for PAL versions of certain games (i.e. Gale OF Darkness), I searched and found a topic on here that linked to this: http://forums.ngemu.com/dolphin-discussion/113884-using-sav-gci-gcs-dolphin.html

Only problem is, it appears that the topic is dead, and the files have been lost. So I'm wondering if anyone has the files linked in that thread? Here's a screenshot of the file names.

[​IMG]

If no one has the files anymore, is there another program that can convert PAL save files to NTSC?
    I tried hex editing the Gale Of Darkness save file, but it did not work.

2. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    You tried hex editing, what exactly did you change? I once had to do something like this and it worked, all I did was change the ID to the correct region. G9SE -> G9SJ

3. thebib62
    OP

thebib62 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 10, 2009
    United States
    I tried changing the header, but I'm not that familiar with hex editing.
    Did you hex edit Gale Of Darkness?

4. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 9, 2011
    No, but I've done this before for a Japanese game all I did was change the region letter so the game picks it up. You can even do this with Notepad.

5. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    im also looking for those dead links.. would love to convert my fire emblem GC from pal to NTSC. and hex edit dosent work for this game