Hacking NTSC Monster Hunter Tri vWii USB Loader GX Blackscreen

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
so im using the latest usb loader gx on my vwii and i tri < heh :P to load the NTSC Monster Hunter Tri
but i keep getting a black screen, as soon as i hit a on my wiimote on the start menu of NTSC Monster Hunter Tri it goes black and i know the iso is fine because it my own personal rip of the game from when i had a wii.

ive set 002 fix to anti but thats the only thing i know i needed to do

SOLVED: thanks to this video, just copy the same settings and it works perfect if u dont see 002fix u dont need it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have set "002 fix", then you have an old version of USBLoaderGX. (the option has been removed).

Usually, prople are having issue with MHtri because it freeze at Title screen. the fix is to use the proper IOS base (base 56, which is now the default base when softmoding Wii if you followed a recent guide).
But maybe you have an old softmod, or a "not usual" one.

1. update USBLoaderGX
2. look in the Credit page what IOS slot, IOS version, IOS base you are using. You need d2x at least v8, with base56.
3. try another loader to see if the issue is USBLoaderGX or something else.
4. if it doesn't work in another loader, try to re-rip your disc.
5. reset settings in USBGX, be sure to set video mode to "Game/disc default", not "console default".

6. Other idea depending on results and your tests.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
If you have set "002 fix", then you have an old version of USBLoaderGX. (the option has been removed).

Usually, prople are having issue with MHtri because it freeze at Title screen. the fix is to use the proper IOS base (base 56, which is now the default base when softmoding Wii if you followed a recent guide).
But maybe you have an old softmod, or a "not usual" one.

1. update USBLoaderGX
2. look in the Credit page what IOS slot, IOS version, IOS base you are using. You need d2x at least v8, with base56.
3. try another loader to see if the issue is USBLoaderGX or something else.
4. if it doesn't work in another loader, try to re-rip your disc.
5. reset settings in USBGX, be sure to set video mode to "Game/disc default", not "console default".

6. Other idea depending on results and your tests.

Im using it on vwii on the wii u and video mode is set to game disc, and the iso is fine because it worked on my wii before i sold it 2 days ago

EDIT: ill dump it once more to be sure but i pretty sure the iso is fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1