Hacking NTSC Millionaire 3rd edition not working on PAL

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated all my ios's tried Wiiflow,USB GX,Neogamma,Dolphin,all with loads of different settings i've used two different iso's of the game but i keep getting a black screen.I'm on 4.1E with cios 17,tried 20b but no luck.

Ferriske

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the exact same problem, Hollywood squares is also not working.
I thought it might be a bad rip, so I got another copy of each from a different source and it's still the same.
Makes no difference disk or USB it wont load.

any ideas?

btw PAL 4.2e cios 17. 222/223 v5

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
not all NTSC games work on PAL video mode even with patches applied.
The same for some PAL games in NTSC mode.

some games coded by way when they accept only specific screen resolution and specific refresh rate. If something is not as expected then game execute "hang" code.
Even if this "hang" code will be patched, game won't be displayed correctly.

Only games using universal video library with automatic adjustment of screen resolution and refresh rate will work on any video mode with patch or even without any patch.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think fiddlefaddle22 knows all that exactly as he helped me a lot developing the video mode patches. There's a new one in NeoGamma(the one from Crediar, i named it sneek because it's used in sneek) btw.

Anyways, if NTSC video mode
+ english language
+ Country String patching
and + english language + Country String patching
doesn't help, it could be an incompatible game. Did you look on the game disc to see if there are any .dol files? You can do that with WiiScrubber or alt. dol disc loading.

Oh and try cIOS56rev20, that's the one that plays most games so far.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I think fiddlefaddle22 knows all that exactly as he helped me a lot developing the video mode patches. There's a new one in NeoGamma(the one from Crediar, i named it sneek because it's used in sneek) btw.

Anyways, if NTSC video mode
+ english language
+ Country String patching
and + english language + Country String patching
doesn't help, it could be an incompatible game. Did you look on the game disc to see if there are any .dol files? You can do that with WiiScrubber or alt. dol disc loading.

Oh and try cIOS56rev20, that's the one that plays most games so far.
Thanks for the reply Wiipower, i'll give these ideas a try.I was going to try Darkcorp with only the IOS that runs the game but i need an app that lets me know which IOS Millionaire and "Hollywood Squares" the other game that has similar problems running on Pal Wii's.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
See my reply to the other thread. It could be that you need to use IOS37 or IOS56 as IOS base for your cIOS, like you need for Monster Hunter Tri. Or the Country String patching is the key, but until now i only heard it's required for japrest of the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi +1