Hacking NTSC-J Game Problem on USB Loader GX

plasmareshiram

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have my wii with Priiloader installed and have the region free thing enabled,and on USB Loader GX i change the Video Mode to Force NTSC-U and when i load up a game it just has a black screen and freezes,why is it doing this? Please help me

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a Wii game ? (not gamecube, or Wiiware/VC)

If you are on NTSC console, you don't need to force the video mode.
Just use either "Disc default" (which will select the video based on the game's region), or "Console default" (which will select the video based on your console's region).
In both cases, it will be set to NTSC automatically.

If the game freeze, maybe it's not due to the video mode, maybe you have a bad dump?
did you try to force another video mode (PAL, 480p, etc.)?

plasmareshiram

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is a wii game,and i have tried every single video mode,still nothing happened,maybe it is just a bad game,i'll try ripping it again with a different program and see what happens (i also tried using the plain disc and it didnt work either)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
it is a wii game,and i have tried every single video mode,still nothing happened,maybe it is just a bad game,i'll try ripping it again with a different program and see what happens (i also tried using the plain disc and it didnt work either)
I believe CleanRip is the recommended ripping tool, if you haven't tried that yet.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's strange that the disc doesn't work.

As you enabled Region free in Priiloader, you can try to launch the game from the Disc Channel (do not update if it asks, use priiloader to disable updates from disc).
See if the game run fine from the Disc channel, without using a loader.
Some games doesn't work with loaders (like Tintin, Driver San Francisco, etc.)

If it doesn't work even from the Disc channel, it's probably your game disc which is scratched?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
whats the name of the game?
A few games just refuse to run on out of region Wii even though region free is enabled
The only way to run them is change you Wii's region (dangerous process, may brick your Wii if you are not careful) or use Uneek with a Jap Nand maybe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls