Hacking NTSC CFW on 9.1.0-20J n3ds? Can it be done?

Vondosaurusrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently found a seller of a used Japanese new 3ds for a good price (~$140). I found out he has an exploitable firmware on it, but looking around here I gbatemp I can hardly seem to find any info on japanese n3dses running ntsc emunands. If I could get any help that would be great. If it is useful, my bother has a sky3ds that I could use as a japanese copy of cubic ninja.

Thanks guys!

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have recently found a seller of a used Japanese new 3ds for a good price (~$140). I found out he has an exploitable firmware on it, but looking around here I gbatemp I can hardly seem to find any info on japanese n3dses running ntsc emunands. If I could get any help that would be great. If it is useful, my bother has a sky3ds that I could use as a japanese copy of cubic ninja.

Thanks guys!

Your guy to ask is @Ronhero ;)
But maybe other ppl will also be able to give some useful input.

Just on a side note, forget the "ntsc" term. It's Jap/Eur/US consoles.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Vondosaurusrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao sorry about that; the last time I've worked with any homebrew was gamecube and wii, so that was what I knew. I'll be using US from now on

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region swapping is fairly simple so long as you can run homebrew. Install titles of other region -> install secureinfo_a of other region -> remove titles of old region.
I did it on SysNAND, though that was before there was EmuNAND without Gateway.

Just know that if you region swap a N3DS you'll probably lose eShop access for good (I mean, you could switch it back, but on the new region) though if you're using CFW for things you're unlikely to care.

Vondosaurusrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what ronhero was telling me in our PMs. I assume "that iso site" has the stuff I need? and yeah I really don't care much about eshop access, so long as I can update things with cias. I prefer physical media anyways.

Simplicity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region swapping is fairly simple so long as you can run homebrew. Install titles of other region -> install secureinfo_a of other region -> remove titles of old region.
I did it on SysNAND, though that was before there was EmuNAND without Gateway.

Just know that if you region swap a N3DS you'll probably lose eShop access for good (I mean, you could switch it back, but on the new region) though if you're using CFW for things you're unlikely to care.
He's mainly referring to EMUNAND, he may likely want to remain on 9.1.0-20J, but run a 9.5 US EMUNAND. Not sure how it would be done though, personally.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's mainly referring to EMUNAND, he may likely want to remain on 9.1.0-20J, but run a 9.5 US EMUNAND. Not sure how it would be done though, personally.
The process on EmuNAND is the exact same in terms of what needs to be done, I was just stating I did it on SysNAND.

Vondosaurusrex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably just do it on the emunand then, idk if I mess that up there's a smaller chance of bricking my new $140 device

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I use CakesFW can I make the system autoboot to the emunand then? Basically have my system act like a US one but still have the jap files on there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM