Homebrew Ntrviewer with o3ds?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have less than 1/8 the processing power of a n3ds on an o3ds, there is no possible way you will be able to use ntrviewer on an o3ds without your ds crashing, or lagging to an unplayable framerate...

Reactions: Seriel

ChaosRipple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix'd, your original message explains a correct limitation but doesn't matter until this point is solved :)

If someone can code the arm9 to take screenshots and send them over a socket, I'll gladly have the client end coded in c#. I have some slight experience coding in C but none with the 3DS arm processors, making it very time consuming for me if I would want to make something like NtrViewer. Really, all you need to do is copy the buffer from addresses 0x1E6000-0x22C500 using memcpy and send them to the client (Compression could be applied as well for better performance). The client will handle all the byte to image conversion which I've already done. It would be nice to have this feature installed into one of the existing CFWs (run a thread in the background waiting for a socket connection from the client) so not all of us would be required to install Ntr.

Couple Notes:
- 0x1E6000-0x22C500 is the address for the top screen's left framebuffer 0, meaning the bottom screen has its own address.
- Certain applications actually move the framebuffer elsewhere so we'd probably need some sort of hook to detect the address change and send those bytes over instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup