Homebrew NTRView - Stream your 3DS on your Wii U

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As explained, input through Wii U controls isn't implemented yet, but he intends to add it in a future release. And also as I mentioned, streaming is like Snickerstream or Kitkat, if you've used those before you should know what to expect here, it's not perfect, but it works, and it shows promise for the future.
I just find out that if you want to pair Wii U Pro controller instead of XBOX360 wireless which i dont have XBOX360 Wireless also My PC dont have bluetooth to connect Wii U Pro Controller. I dont want anything to connect to PC with controller too much system to connect lol. 3DS between Wii U is enough connect. did at the Quark say something working on gamepad to be playable If Im wrong then please correct me?

Last edited by FanNintendo,

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just find out that if you want to pair Wii U Pro controller instead of XBOX360 wireless which i dont have XBOX360 Wireless also My PC dont have bluetooth to connect Wii U Pro Controller. I dont want anything to connect to PC with controller too much system to connect lol. 3DS between Wii U is enough connect. did at the Quark say something working on gamepad to be playable If Im wrong then please correct me?

All that you can do right now with NTRstream and the Gamepad is stream one or both of the screens to it. Input through the GamePad isn't supported yet, but Quark says they intend to add support for that in future releases, rest assured, as soon as it's implemented, I'll update this thread accordingly and make a new channel for the app.

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that you can do right now with NTRstream and the Gamepad is stream one or both of the screens to it. Input through the GamePad isn't supported yet, but Quark says they intend to add support for that in future releases, rest assured, as soon as it's implemented, I'll update this thread accordingly and make a new channel for the app.
Two thumbs up!

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I really wanted to have a New 3DS to test this, there are 3DS games that I always imagined playing on TV, I hope that in the future it will be compatible with HZMod or something similar so that I can use the Old 3DS.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanted to have a New 3DS to test this, there are 3DS games that I always imagined playing on TV, I hope that in the future it will be compatible with HZMod or something similar so that I can use the Old 3DS.
I'd like to give you hope, but I really don't think Old 3DS will ever see much support in terms of streaming like this, be it to Wii U, PC, or otherwise. It does sound like proof of concepts exist, but it just simply isn't powerful enough to transfer the data fast enough. Though, who knows, I could be wrong. But as things stand now I do think this will remain a feature intended for New 3DS models.

Reactions: Robru1 and Abar

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I made an installable channel for NTRView 0.2 (it's name is just Nintendo 3DS, this is to make it uniform with other emulator and launcher channels on my Wii U, you can easily change this though if you'd prefer through ftpiiu), it needs to be installed to the USB drive, it will not load if installed to the NAND, this is just something that happens when you make .rpx homebrew into channels through nuspacker for whatever reason. It is not a forwarder, I tried to make it a forwarder through the haxchi method, but that method only works for .elf homebrew, consequently if you booted the forwarder it made, it'd only bring you to the homebrew launcher. So this seems to be the best I can do for getting a quick launch channel on the home menu. I'll try and make a new channel for every update this app might see.

You still need to put the ntrview.ini file inside sd:/wiiu/apps/ntrview/ntrview.ini though being as its not a forwarder, you don't need the .rpx file in the folder.

HwUgw90.png
5Vo7ai4.png

https://www22.zippyshare.com/v/PExeaFrK/file.html

Also note, when you boot the channel the boot sound will loop endlessly, since the 3DS can't transmit the audio as it is, you can choose to mute it, or you can hit home on the gamepad and then hit resume, and the sound will then stop.

Very cool stuff! Want to let you know that channel worked flawlessly as well.

Just curious whats your quality settings guys? has anyone found a good medium between quality and speed?

Reactions: FanNintendo

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Old 3DS is simply not very powerful to stream, even the New 3DS struggles with an average framerate and incompatibility on a handful of games. NTRview for the Wii U is a nice attempt to bring 3ds stream to consoles, but not better than snickerstream on PC or CuteNTR on a Raspberry Pi.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old 3DS is simply not very powerful to stream, even the New 3DS struggles with an average framerate and incompatibility on a handful of games. NTRview for the Wii U is a nice attempt to bring 3ds stream to consoles, but not better than snickerstream on PC or CuteNTR on a Raspberry Pi.
I'd say it's just as good as streaming your N3DS To your PC via Snickkerstream, Kitkat, etc based on all my testing. It has the added benefit though of having both screens on separate displays which makes streaming to the Wii U the superior option in my opinion. Of course none of these are the most ideal way to play your 3DS, but for the right experiences it's certainly serviceable. For example, someone wanting to play an Ace Attorney or Professor Layton game could absolutely find this means to be a viable option.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Has anyone else ran into the issue where the Gamepad says connected but doesn't advance further than that? Running on New 3ds XL, already tested with Snickerstream and it works fine there.

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. i got it running, but the tv displays the top screen and gamepad displays the bottom screen.
how do i change display setting (top screen only, bottom screen only, etc)?

2. i ran inputredirection from rosalina menu after starting NTR but before running ntrview-wiiu and i can't control the 3ds with the wii u gamepad. anyone gotten gamepad input redirection working?

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1. i got it running, but the tv displays the top screen and gamepad displays the bottom screen.
how do i change display setting (top screen only, bottom screen only, etc)?

2. i ran inputredirection from rosalina menu after starting NTR but before running ntrview-wiiu and i can't control the 3ds with the wii u gamepad. anyone gotten gamepad input redirection working?
Im using the default .ini file from Github and the input redirection works fine on my end also Top screen is on the TV and bottom screen is on the gamepad with that .ini file.

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
:unsure: I need help on this...

I have been waiting for something like this for year and years, Wii U is literally made to do this, with the TV and Gamepad serving as dual screens themselves... It's more useful to do this with the 3DS games that are many, than with the few Wii U games... But..... I can't make it work sadly....... It remains in loop on attempting to connect to the IP of the 3DS never managing to actually connect... I'm on a dedicated local access point router without internet... What could I do?

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Check the routers firewall.

Thanks, actually I have been afraid it could be due to that, but now I have some issue to access this router from the PC, not being the one serving internet but there is another one for that, but I will eventually access to it somehow and it should have the firewall options among its internal settings... I also assumed it could be a problem of opening some protocol ports but it's more likely the firewall... I will try to access the router and disable it... ;)

Last edited by Steah,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
now I have some issue to access this router from the PC, not being the one serving internet but there is another one for that
Sounds like some kind of messed up network config which ould also be the reason you can't get a connection between Wii U and 3DS. Could you explain our network setup a bit? Like are the two router conneted or is the PC connected to both? If the second, how exactly are the connections done and if you open a cmd/terminal window, what does the command ipconfig (ifconfig on systems other than Windows) tell?

Steah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds like some kind of messed up network config which ould also be the reason you can't get a connection between Wii U and 3DS. Could you explain our network setup a bit? Like are the two router conneted or is the PC connected to both? If the second, how exactly are the connections done and if you open a cmd/terminal window, what does the command ipconfig (ifconfig on systems other than Windows) tell?

No the PC is not involved at all, I'm using a Netgear router I used for the PC and internet before getting a new and faster one, I kept this previous router for a situation like this and I simply connected it without any internet cable but just as an access point and I connected both 3DS and the Wii U to it, of course they both succeded with the local access point connection but failed the internet connection... Then the 3DS under NTR CFW after a few failed attempts giving IPs like 192.0.0.0 or even 0.0.0.0, finally got its IP as 192.168.1.78 but going in NTRView in the Wii U Homebrew Channel and setting the IP it enters a loop of attempts...

I didn't try anything on the PC to access the router because the PC wasn't even on when I tried many times to create a connection... It's an isolated router comunicating only with the Wii U and the 3DS, but what could I do with the PC to access it? I know I can get the IP of the internet router by ipconfig but also the IP of another router not connected to the PC?

Both the 3DS and the Wii U are connected to it via Wi-Fi but if I should add an Ethernet Adapter for Wii U and connect it by cable I could buy one to improve performance...

Last edited by Steah,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, sorry for my missinterpreting of the situation any many thanks for the detailes explaination. :)

the 3DS under NTR CFW after a few failed attempts giving IPs like 192.0.0.0 or even 0.0.0.0, finally got its IP as 192.168.1.78
Some routers do weird stuff when not connected to the internet. Most of the time it's just a settings, so when you look for firewall settings also have an eye for anything labeled like "don't rely on WAN", "local DHCP without WAN" or anything sounding even remotely like that (but make a backup of the router settings before playing with such options).

Is your routers DHCP server even configured to handle out 192.168.1 with 255.255.255.0 netmask or was that a wrong DHCP attempt, too?

I didn't try anything on the PC to access the router because the PC wasn't even on when I tried many times to create a connection... It's an isolated router
For debugging purposes it might be a good idea to connect the PC to the isolated network (but not to the PCs main network where it gets internet access from as Windows PCs are... Well... Not really good az handling multiple connections). Why this might be a good idea? Well, you could for example check if Wii U and 3DS are pingable or if the whole LAN is f*cked up. Also you're able to check for problems way more simple (like what I said before: Output of ipconfig. There are way more things to check that way, like routing tables and stuff... But one step after the other, right?)

if I should add an Ethernet Adapter for Wii U and connect it by cable I could buy one to improve performance...
No, no and no. This is not the time to think about improving performane. You can't tune something that doesn't work at all... ;)

Last edited by V10lator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is