Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so for some reason I can no longer run my Slot-1 card through either TWLoader or NTR Launcher unless I have the debug console on in TWLoader. I was able to run games fine yesterday. What happened?

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange. NTR Launcher doesn't read TWLoader's .ini file.
Should probably clarify: TWLoader won't launch my slot-1 card without debug console on, and NTR Launcher won't launch it period. I'm still able to launch it from the home menu, however, the Forwarder package made it so clicking on DS GAME automatically takes me to DSFTP, which is useless to me.

Last edited by Chris_Highwind,

Sairensu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got my NDS flashcard (M3DS Real) to run on my N3DS XL with the NTR Launcher. Now I started up Etrian Odyssey II and noticed screen flickering and graphics glitching a bit.

Any way to fix this? Everything worked fine on my NDS so I'm sure it's not that. I already set NTR_Clock = 1 in the .ini file I've put in the /nds/ folder on root, but the problem still occurs.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
I got my NDS flashcard (M3DS Real) to run on my N3DS XL with the NTR Launcher. Now I started up Etrian Odyssey II and noticed screen flickering and graphics glitching a bit.

Any way to fix this? Everything worked fine on my NDS so I'm sure it's not that. I already set NTR_Clock = 1 in the .ini file I've put in the /nds/ folder on root, but the problem still occurs.

Weird. It's working for me on M3 DS Real without issues. Is it the only one to have that glitch or are there any other game with it?

Sairensu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Weird. It's working for me on M3 DS Real without issues. Is it the only one to have that glitch or are there any other game with it?

I'm going to try out other games now. Do you have a N3DS XL? I have the CPU Overclocking option enabled on Luma 3DS, maybe this is interfering.
The weird thing is, I downloaded the .cia of NTR Launcher and installed it, but it didn't create neither the /nds/ folder nor the .ini file, I created both by myself.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
I'm going to try out other games now. Do you have a N3DS XL? I have the CPU Overclocking option enabled on Luma 3DS, maybe this is interfering.
The weird thing is, I downloaded the .cia of NTR Launcher and installed it, but it didn't create neither the /nds/ folder nor the .ini file, I created both by myself.
Yeah, It works on N3DS XL, but for me the app crashes sometimes when using the overclocking and recently when using L2 on Luma settings. I didn't create them neither. Check more ROMs and set off overclocking and L2 on Luma Settings

Sairensu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, It works on N3DS XL, but for me the app crashes sometimes when using the overclocking and recently when using L2 on Luma settings. I didn't create them neither. Check more ROMs and set off overclocking and L2 on Luma Settings

Tried the other settings (Clock, L2, Clock+L2) from Luma3DS when starting Etrian Odyssey II - the intro sequence flickered on all settings, even on OFF. I only found this graphical glitch in the intro sequence, so hopefully I'm fine for the rest of the game.
Now that I have set Luma3DS off by the way, does it actually make a difference on certain 3DS games? Or not really?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the other settings (Clock, L2, Clock+L2) from Luma3DS when starting Etrian Odyssey II - the intro sequence flickered on all settings, even on OFF. I only found this graphical glitch in the intro sequence, so hopefully I'm fine for the rest of the game.
Now that I have set Luma3DS off by the way, does it actually make a difference on certain 3DS games? Or not really?
The Luma3DS clock settings don't apply in TWL_FIRM. In "sd:/_nds/ntr_launcher.ini" set NTR_CLOCK to 1 to fix the issue.

Sairensu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Luma3DS clock settings don't apply in TWL_FIRM. In "sd:/_nds/ntr_launcher.ini" set NTR_CLOCK to 1 to fix the issue.

I did edit the .ini file, but it didn't fix the issue. I was wondering, is the folder name the .ini file is in "nds" or "_nds"? Maybe that's why it didn't fix the issue for me.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did edit the .ini file, but it didn't fix the issue. I was wondering, is the folder name the .ini file is in "nds" or "_nds"? Maybe that's why it didn't fix the issue for me.
If ntr_launcher.ini isn't in the "nds" folder, then it should just be in "_nds".

Sairensu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Changed the folder name to "_nds", but it still didn't fix it. ): When I installed NTR Launcher, no "nds" or "_nds" folder along with the .ini file was created, I created both on my own afterwards but maybe it doesn't seem to acknowledge it for some reason.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Changed the folder name to "_nds", but it still didn't fix it. ): When I installed NTR Launcher, no "nds" or "_nds" folder along with the .ini file was created, I created both on my own afterwards but maybe it doesn't seem to acknowledge it for some reason.
Try the folder from this file.

Frioz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if it works on DStwo? When I try to it it just stays on with a black screen. Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s