Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I can finally give this a release thread. This is "NTR Launcher". A stripped down optimized version of NitroHax but without the cheat code system. This simply launches the game you have in slot-1. Patched dev launcher required. Be sure you have game inserted before you start it. EDIT: Patched dev launcher no longer required for to use NTR Launcher! :D

Download links will be available here:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

Source code here:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher
https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/tree/AltBuild

Credit to @Sasori , @ahezard , @shutterbug2000 , @Normmatt for their contributions that made this possible.

Credit to Chishm for creating NitroHax which this project is based from.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cool!!! I always wanted to see something like this (how agb does). By the way. Is this the universal launcher that you talked about which will replace most of the stage 2 launchers?

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Alt version might have better flashcart compatibility. It boots my origianl R4 while the original one doesn't. (well R4 boots, but hangs on load screen). So I still keep it maintained. I have not heard back on if it works better for others though. Still waiting on that.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alt version might have better flashcart compatibility. It boots my origianl R4 while the original one doesn't. (well R4 boots, but hangs on load screen). So I still keep it maintained. I have not heard back on if it works better for others though. Still waiting on that.
Will test on some, reporting later. Thanks!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might require another twlbg patch, It could be cool if supports with an enabler like the SD access.
Well i guess, i was asking if is possible, but i doubt is anyone concern. Just i prefer my screens to grow when booting into DS or GBA games, not shink :P

Still wish SNES and GBA games had wireless play.

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, since it seems you want some reports on how this works with flashcards, I decided I test my R4 SDHC with this. It uses the formware from this site ( http://woodforr4sdhc.yolasite.com/ ), looks directly like the example picture and runs one of the YS Menu modifications (something between version 6.97 and 6.99). While it works fine on my old DS (not o3ds, the original DS), it does not work with any of your loaders (including this one). I already tryed dumping it, but neither D9 nor Wooddumper89 wanted to (I will try the wooddumper homebrew for the old DS if I get the time to do it). So, for a more complete report, I might add that the card directly loads after the DS splash screen when booted on the old DS. Lastly, I add that the ntr launcher atleast noticed that a NTR card is inserted sine it shows the DS logo (which it does not if the slot is empty --> nice way to show it Apache Thunder)

Hope it helps atleast a bit.

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Currently it checks SCFG_MC if cartridge is ejected or not and displays the no cartridge error if it's not inserted. So unless your R4 was fried and doesn't even complete a circuit on the pin the hardware looks to determin if a cart is inserted, this error screen won't come up no matter how functional or not function the DS cart in question is as long as it was inserted when the check occurs. :P

The bootloader stage of this launcher is what actually tests the header and stuff before launching the game. That occurs during the white screen after the DS logo plays. I currently have the debug readout boxes disabled.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work! I loved that boot screen on my ds lite and now i get to see it each time i boot my ds games!

Also i liked first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs