Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Nicro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also have the original CycloDS Evolution, not the i version of it. I haven't updated the NTR Launcher in a long time (I have version 1.9.4 standard installed) and it's working fine.

Anyway, I decided to do some testing for you. I installed the latest version of the NTR Launcher (1.9.9) and cleared my previous settings in the /nds/ntr_launcher.ini file and just like for you, my card didn't boot. However, I remembered that when I first installed NTR Launcher, the RESETSLOT1 option needed to be set to 1. Setting that option to 1 again fixed the problem, however it needs to be done under the NTRLAUNCHER_ALT setting. So your ntr_launcher.ini file must look like this (along with any other setting you may have):

Code:
[NTRLAUNCHER_ALT]
RESETSLOT1 = 1

That is definitely what is causing the issue, because switching that to a 0 (and having no other setting present in the file) will cause it to fail to boot again.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work for you, download the archived version 1.9.4 (standard, not alt; which is what I had prior to testing) and try it out with my /nds/ntr_launcher.ini file:
Code:
[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
NTRCLOCK = 1
ENABLESD = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 1

[NTRLAUNCHER_ALT]
DISABLEANIMATION = 0
NTRCLOCK = 1
ENABLESD = 0
TWLMODE = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 1
I ended up taking your configuration and the older version of NTR-Launcher which had the same error at first. But after a couple tries it did load. It turns out that the contacts on the card are quite corroded in the spot where they connect to the system, with some luck I managed to shift the card to connect with an undamaged piece and it now works consistently. I'd like to try and update the launcher now, but I think its better to literally not touch anything unless there is a problem. Thanks for your help.

Myriad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be doing something wrong, I'm trying to get my Original R4DS to load on o3DS Luma 8.0 11.2, I've installed the cia and have the nds folder in root but when I try to load the app, once it passes the initial DS screen it freezes on a blank white screen. I've noted that without the folder it gets up to the r4 screen without a theme but when I click the sd card icon it gets stuck loading.

hurrz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone tried to transfer Pokémon from 4th to 5th / 5th to 6th / 6th to 7th generation using NTR Launcher? I got 2 N3DSXL so I wondered if it was possible to transfer my Pokémon from Diamond to Sun.

I would like to know if this or multiplayer in general works.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by hurrz,

kathy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I uninstall this? I've ditched this for some "ak rpg" thing (that's what it's labeled as in the home menu) because it has much better support for my old R4 flashcart.

Daley87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Resurrecting a super old thread here but where does the nds folder go on the SD card? The one that contains the .ini file.
Thanks.

Daley87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Root of the SD card.

Thanks, I thought it might be, can't quite seem to get my old Cyclo Ds Evolution running unfortunately. Trying to do it on a N3DSXL running Luma, I have an R4i 3DS Gold (r4ids.cn) which obviously works fine but I hate the way it fits into the DS, having to force it ridiculously hard to get it to click into place, probably just being paranoid but I'm scared of breaking the pins or something forcing it in that much haha.

edit - the problem I'm getting is it just goes to a white screen after inserting the cyclo ds, tried it with the resetslot set to 1 also. No luck.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I thought it might be, can't quite seem to get my old Cyclo Ds Evolution running unfortunately. Trying to do it on a N3DSXL running Luma, I have an R4i 3DS Gold (r4ids.cn) which obviously works fine but I hate the way it fits into the DS, having to force it ridiculously hard to get it to click into place, probably just being paranoid but I'm scared of breaking the pins or something forcing it in that much haha.
The CycloDS Evolution works. It just needs RESET_SLOT1 set to 1 in the ntr_launcher.ini file.

Reactions: Deleted User

Daley87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The CycloDS Evolution works. It just needs RESET_SLOT1 set to 1 in the ntr_launcher.ini file.
Which version of NTR are you using? I tried setting the reset_slot1 to 1 and I still just get the white screen after inserting the cartridge.
Thanks bud

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which version of NTR are you using? I tried setting the reset_slot1 to 1 and I still just get the white screen after inserting the cartridge.
Thanks bud
Latest version.
Make sure the cart is inserted correctly.
If it's still not working, try launching it with TWLoader.

Daley87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest version.
Make sure the cart is inserted correctly.
If it's still not working, try launching it with TWLoader.

The 2.0.0 version? I had a look at that but had no clue how to install it as it doesn't come with a cia.
Ye I'll also give TW a try. Thanks

Daley87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean the latest 3DS version, being 1.9.9.

Thanks I'll try it again now, do I need all the source code files (arm7, arm9 folders etc) or is it just the NTR_Launcher.cia and the nds folder I need? Sorry to be a pain but just have this feeling I'm missing something that would otherwise make it work haha. Thanks.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'll try it again now, do I need all the source code files (arm7, arm9 folders etc) or is it just the NTR_Launcher.cia and the nds folder I need? Sorry to be a pain but just have this feeling I'm missing something that would otherwise make it work haha. Thanks.
Just the cia, since you already have the "nds" folder.

D

Deleted User

Hello, I'm trying to use the R4 SDHC Gold PRo with this, but it gives me a white screen, i tried to download the .ini file with the settings and putting it on a nds folder on my sd root, i'm kinda confused because this card works both with nds forwarder and twloder, so why not ntr launcher?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
I'm having no luck at all changing settings with the /nds/ntr_launcher.ini file and version 1.9.9 on a 3DS. Here's what my file looks like, based on the version hosted on GitHub:
Code:
[NTRLAUNCHER]
DISABLEANIMATION = 1
HEALTH&SAFETY_MSG = 0
LANGUAGE = -1
NTRCLOCK = 0
ENABLESD = 0
TWLMODE = 0
RESETSLOT1 = 0
I can't really tell if the other features are working, but the most obvious one, disabling the animation, certainly isn't, as I see the DSi animation on every single launch regardless of what I do with the ini. The nds folder is on the root of the 3DS SD card, the ini is in that folder. This seems uncomplicated, so I'm not sure why I'm having problems. I've tried formatting the ini with both Unix (as on GitHub) and Windows line endings, but that made no difference either. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: It seems the 1.9.9 build is considered to be an "alt" build, so it's necessary to use [NTRLAUNCHER_ALT] in the ini rather than just [NTRLAUNCHER], which will be ignored.

Last edited by Vague Rant,

ElitePowerGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How can you tell if the DSi clock speed is active? In Pokémon White when you play on a 3DS/DSi, the bottom screen's battery indicators should have 3 bars instead of 2, but I still see 2 bars when I launch the game through NTR Launcher...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s