GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

Me again. Did the firmware downgrade trick with another 3ds and am successfully running a modded 11.1 N3ds. That's the good news. The bad news is the reason why I am using this thing to begin with. The wireless video streaming feature. So I have Luma 3DS 6.3.1 with all the startup settings set according to Plailects guide. When I boot my 3DS and I click the NTR CFW icon, it's hit or miss. Sometimes it fails to load memory or something (trying to recreate it now), but when it loads the CFW successfully and I press X+Y to enable debugger mode I get SVC_Controlmemoryload failed (I can't keep the screen up long enough before the next screen comes up so that is the wrong error) then I get the "An error has occurred. Hold the power button to blah blah.

Anyone experienced this? Am I needing to upload newer files? All I have done since updating to 11.1 is put this file https://github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases into my cias folder and installed it with FBI.

I am sure I am missing something. Thank you.

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's worth noting that the LUMA3DS updater icon on the main menu also results in a crash and reboots the system.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Update luma to latest build being 6.3.1 iirc and then re-install the latest BootNTR which supports 11.1 NFIRM then post results, I'm able to use NTR CFW just fine with 11.1 N3DS XL 'updated' SysNAND and Luma3DS

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update luma to latest build being 6.3.1 iirc and then re-install the latest BootNTR which supports 11.1 NFIRM then post results, I'm able to use NTR CFW just fine with 11.1 N3DS XL 'updated' SysNAND and Luma3DS

Hi, thank you for the reply. According to the Luma3DS settings (holding select on boot) I am running 6.3.1 and I downloaded the latest BootNTR from this page https://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-11-1-nfirm-support.441566/ - while I have done this already yesterday I am going through it again for troubleshooting's sake. I am installing the CIA file from the FBI launcher on my home menu which says successful. Since writing this I have done these steps and no dice, still crashes. Any screenshots of my SD card directories or 3DS settings you'd like to see? Thanks!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thank you for the reply. According to the Luma3DS settings (holding select on boot) I am running 6.3.1 and I downloaded the latest BootNTR from this page https://gbatemp.net/threads/bootntr-11-1-nfirm-support.441566/ - while I have done this already yesterday I am going through it again for troubleshooting's sake. I am installing the CIA file from the FBI launcher on my home menu which says successful. Since writing this I have done these steps and no dice, still crashes. Any screenshots of my SD card directories or 3DS settings you'd like to see? Thanks!
Redownload your NTR.bin and make sure you don't have a firmware.bin in your sd/luma folder...

Reactions: MasterJ360

GoatyTV

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Redownload your NTR.bin and make sure you don't have a firmware.bin in your sd/luma folder...

OMG Are you Jesus? Thank you, I did not realize the Firmware.bin was optional. I saw on the thread of the site that it was "not needed" BUT didn't realize it would break stuff. Luma Updater is working and NTR CFW seems to be functional as well! Finally get to test my stream tonight, thank you thank you.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG Are you Jesus? Thank you, I did not realize the Firmware.bin was optional. I saw on the thread of the site that it was "not needed" BUT didn't realize it would break stuff. Luma Updater is working and NTR CFW seems to be functional as well! Finally get to test my stream tonight, thank you thank you.
No problem, glad you got it fixed.

Reactions: proflayton123

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i was going crazy to why NTR decided not to work. Deleting the firmware.bin bit is going to throw off alot of users for sure as its needed in the past builds

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i was going crazy to why NTR decided not to work. Deleting the firmware.bin bit is going to throw off alot of users for sure as its needed in the past builds
Well if people learn how to read release notes when they download stuff it shouldn't. It clearly says on the Luma release notes (When it changed) that the firmware.bin was no longer required. Then when 11.1 came out, we HAD to use a firmware.bin from 11.0 so NTR would boot with the new homemenu after support was added.

Then of course Native_Firm support for 11.1 was released so that firmware.bin was no longer required either. Luma automatically uses the firmware.bin on the SD card before loading your Native_firm. Which is why it doesn't work anymore when you HAVE a firmware.bin in there (unless of course you put a 11.1 firmware.bin on your SD; but then it wouldn't matter anyway because it's loading the same exact thing from a different place).

Last edited by Majickhat55,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if people learn how to read release notes when they download stuff it shouldn't. It clearly says on the Luma release notes (When it changed) that the firmware.bin was no longer required. Then when 11.1 came out, we HAD to use a firmware.bin from 11.0 so NTR would boot with the new homemenu after support was added.

Then of course Native_Firm support for 11.1 was released so that firmware.bin was no longer required either. NTR automatically uses the firmware.bin on the SD card before loading your Native_firm. Which is why it doesn't work anymore when you HAVE a firmware.bin in there (unless of course you put a 11.1 firmware.bin on your SD; but then it wouldn't matter anyway because it's loading the same exact thing from a different place).
Well I can't deny that reading can take people very far in things, but not everybody directly downloads Luma updates from the release page. Users including me have a habit of using the Luma updater from our 3ds, so any valuable information will be overlooked, but not intentionally. In my case my main issue was not having the latest BootNTR.cia before I found this post so knowing about the firmware.bin info only saved me the trouble for further complications.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I can't deny that reading can take people very far in things, but not everybody directly downloads Luma updates from the release page. Users including me have a habit of using the Luma updater from our 3ds, so any valuable information will be overlooked, but not intentionally. In my case my main issue was not having the latest BootNTR.cia before I found this post so knowing about the firmware.bin info only saved me the trouble for further complications.
Good point. That is sort of a drawback to using the updater. It doesn't display a changelog at all when you go to update Luma with the LumaUpdater OR the StarUpdater? You'd think it would at least suggest to visit the Github for release notes.....

I don't use them myself, I use Bootanim so I always update manually (since it won't update the right arm.bin file anyway)

Last edited by Majickhat55,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.