kitkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I set up my NTR on my A9LH according to here https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-install-use-ntr-cfw-cheats-real-time-saving.427730/

I see the green flash when I boot up Awakening but it doesn't show the plugin folder when I press x+y? Can someone help me with this issue? I'm starting to think that I have to downgrade my firmware, which I really don't want to do because of how long it takes to reinstall the games... any help?

Config: NTR CFW Preview 2 3.4
Firmware: latest
A9LH
bDrRhSJ.jpg

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't press x+y at this point, you need to actually start the game for it to work. The cheats will never show in that menu. Depending on the cheat, you may need to press x+y in game or press Select, etc. in game.

kitkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I forgot to take the screenshot of it while it was actually in-game, but it's the exact same menu that pops up, when I press x+y in the game. To clarify, when I boot up the game and see the flash I see the bottom menu, and that's it, no cheats whatsoever. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I forgot to take the screenshot of it while it was actually in-game, but it's the exact same menu that pops up, when I press x+y in the game. To clarify, when I boot up the game and see the flash I see the bottom menu, and that's it, no cheats whatsoever. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
You'll have to look at the notes that came with the cheats (or google until you find them online). some folks just put in button presses instead of using the menu. so, for example, instead of selecting an option from that screen, you'd just press select+A while in-game to get max money.

But that'll depend entirely on who wrote that particular cheat file.

kitkat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking more along the lines of firmware restrictions, is it possible that it doesn't work on the latest firmware? All of my cheats are the ones that include the menu, so it should show up somewhere?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking more along the lines of firmware restrictions, is it possible that it doesn't work on the latest firmware? All of my cheats are the ones that include the menu, so it should show up somewhere?
Most if not all (in theory) cheats should work on the latest firmware, along with NTR.

musashi076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
same issue here. i followed and downloaded the plugins here
http://ntrplugins.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Plugins

System: O3DSXL A9LH 11.1.0

I'm targeting Project Mirai DX because i'm planning to use the Mix Edition but I tested it also on Super Mario 3D land. Azure Striker Gunvolt and Fantasy Life but it won't work.
I only made it show on Fantasy Life.

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
  1. Be sure you have the green flash when the game's starting
  2. If not, check the title id of your game and the folder you put the plugin into
  3. Generally the plugin's starts 5 seconds after the game was launched, so wait a little then try again
  4. If in the X + Y menu you don't have the game's plugin menu then press Select while you're in game
  5. If you still have nothing, check the plugin's note / release thread for further informations

HarryTheBooth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nanquitas It won't show the green screen and before it worked but now it wont and I remember changing the directory of the plugin file for it to load in but I cant remember what the directory was set! How do I fix where ntr looks to load the plugin???

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
  1. Be sure you have the green flash when the game's starting
  2. If not, check the title id of your game and the folder you put the plugin into
  3. Generally the plugin's starts 5 seconds after the game was launched, so wait a little then try again
  4. If in the X + Y menu you don't have the game's plugin menu then press Select while you're in game
  5. If you still have nothing, check the plugin's note / release thread for further informations

THANK YOU so much omg i totally had forgotten about the title id thing, and i was having some issues with the game, just one question tho, what was that lightning red green screen i got while trying to use a plugin? in the buttom screen it said something like, next time use a legin something... i found that plugin here on gba tho, that scared me. Thanks again you're amazing.

Yukugurl357

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read the readme and followed the directions and it said to put the files in the correct folder and when u launch the game the plugin should work automatically it doesn't but I get a green flash and nothing. If anyone can help that would be nice. When I press ×+y also select button I get the menu but no game plugin option. If anyone can help can help that would be nice. I know im late about this but i just found out about it recently.

Last edited by Yukugurl357,

DashMGJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What has everyone forgotten about 3DS homebrew?
I'm trying to use cheats for Link Between worlds and no matter what plugin I use, no matter what code I use to name the file and the folder to try to match the game, nothing is recognized, no game plugins option is showed, and no green flash!
Sounds to me like I've tried everything y'all have suggested, so what else could be the issue?
I noticed ntr's latest version is called CFW. Does this mean I have to have another custom firmware installed on my 3DS besides my current rosalina/homebrew setup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1