Hacking NTFS support instead of WBFS?

thatcoolguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
he said it *could* be added, although with marcan's stance on 'warez launchers' you will never see any of that from him.

for WBFS i just use the command line tool, no GUI. it hasn't given me any problems at all.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
NTFS gets recognized by Windows, WBFS doesn't.
I search already 2 weeks(!) to get a solution on my problem with WBFS formatting PC Wii.
NTFS or any other filesystem that is supported by Windows is very welcome.

SpAM_CAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't do anything once you have WBFS readability! Dont'cha remember the MacFUSE addon? You just saw a bunch of WBFS Disk Images. If you need to get into the drive, use Linux.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
I do remember reading something from Waninkoko that said "Don't expect NTFS/ext support".

QUOTE said:
wbfs auto scrubs. we do NOT need ntfs
Surely it's the WBFS software that does the scrubbing? I doubt it's an actual feature of the filesystem.

QUOTENTFS is closed WBFS isn't. No need of a closed file system (which is not so good and even worse on linux)
There are no patents for NTFS (in any country). NTFS-3G don't pay any license fees to Microsoft and their driver is included in most linux distributions. If anyone knows of an open source NTFS driver, it could possibly be ported to cIOS USB2.

Native compatibility on a PC wouldn't be the only benefit of NTFS support. Marcan mentions the possibilities of implementing caching which would increase the read speed and I don't think WBFS does any caching.

McH

[EDIT] Actually, I think ntfs-3g is open source for non-commercial purposes.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
unsure.gif
never heard of this NTFS3G stuff, might come in handy. however it's all nonsense since marcan switched to non wii projects.
WBFS is fine as it is, maybe trying to add more compatibility or caching like stated in the previous post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou