giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Thread with a new name:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-library-manager-easily-manage-your-switch-game-backups.568639/

old info:

NSP Update - manage your local switch library files

This utility lets you manage your local switch files (nsp/nsz), with the following capabilities:
- Find if you are missing any game updates or DLC's
- Delete old update files
- Organize files in a folder per game structure

This is a command line tool (Mac/Win/Linux), without fancy UI, but gets the job done.
You can use it by downloading it and running it with the path to your local NSP folder.

screenshot.png

Download & instructions
Download latest release on github - https://github.com/giwty/nsp-update
Windows
  • Run cmd.exe
  • cd to the folder containing nsp-update.exe
  • Run nsp-update.exe -f "X:\folder\containing\nsp\files"
  • Optionally add -r to recursively scan for nested folders
  • Add -m dlc to show missing dlc's
  • Add -m u to show missing updates (default)
  • Add -m o to organize the files in a folder per game structure, where the folder will contains base/updates/dlc files in a flat structure.
  • Add -m d to delete outdated local update files
macOS or Linux
  • Open your Terminal
  • cd to the folder containing nsp-update
  • chmod +x nsp-update to make it executable
  • Run ./nsp-update -f "/folder/containing/nsp/files"
  • Optionally add -r to recursively scan for nested folders
  • Add -m o to organize the files in a folder per game structure, where the folder will contains base/updates/dlc files in a flat structure.
  • Add -m d to delete outdated local update files
6/20 - new version 0.5:
Changes:
  • Complete code refactor, it will be much easier to add features now
  • Better handling when no internet / corrupted json - will try to re-use local json file
New capabilities
  • Added new command line option - "m" (stands for mode), will use this to add new capabilities
Currently supported capabilities:
  • (new) Add -m o to organize the files in a folder per game structure, where the folder will contains base/updates/dlc files in a flat structure.
    All folders will be created in the base NSP folder that was provided as the command line argumet
  • (new) Add -m d to delete outdated local update files

Notes:This utility doesnt read your NSP files, but just scans the NSP file names, which means your NSP files need to contain the titleId and version

Last edited by osaka35,

SaulFemm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool. I actually just finished up a very similar tool this morning. The only difference being that mine will look at a certain google drive and grab the missing updates/dlc for you. Don't know if I'll ever get mine to the point where I feel comfortable releasing it though so I'm glad this is out there.

Vandes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I wrote a small utility that lets you know if any of your downloaded NSP files have an update.

It's a command line tool, and you can use it by downloading it and running it with the path to your local NSP folder.

nsp-update -f "path/to/nsp/folder"

You can find it on github as nsp-update under my username (i can't post links...)

Note:

- this is based on version data from blawar nut
- utility doesnt read your NSP files, just scans the NSP file names, which means your NSP files need to contain the titleId and version

Thanks for the nice tool!

However your Windows build doesn't work. It doesn't parse the JSON files correctly, probably because it was built for 32bit architecture. MacOS version works fine.
I've recompiled the program for Windows, MacOS and Linux using amd64 architecture, tested and working on all 3 OSs. Please include these builds in your releases or recompile them correctly.

I've also PRed some usage and building instructions on your repo, if you want to accept it :D

Attachments

• nsp-update-amd64.7z
    8.5 MB · Views: 441
Reactions: ber71 and giwty

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @Vandes for PR and the builds! i only have mac, so that makes sense...
I've updated the tool to use the new titledb file location, and now use etag to ensure the file is always updated.
Enjoy

JohNex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing work @giwty thanks a lot for taking the time to do this. Do you think you can do an addition if your time allows and is technically possible? It would be amazing if your tool could scan XCI files and find missing updates and DLCs, as you know a lot of people is using custom XCI files with updates and DLC in the same file. Another question, do you think your current tool version also works with DLCs or just updates? thanks again

Last edited by JohNex,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if anybody else might run into this issue, but I scratched my head a few hours before solving this. I kept getting the message "All NSP's are up to date" even though they clearly weren't. The .json files downloaded properly. What I figured out is that both the base NSP file and the update NSP file MUST be in the same folder. I kept them in different folders, not mixed together. Now everything works as it should. Thanks for a useful tool, giwty! :grog:

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New version is out that adds support for missing DLC's, and updates the versions db url

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the titles json the program is trying to pull is encrypted, the program keeps erroring out when not finding what it was looking for in the file, and when opening the file, the file contains TINFOIL in all caps in the start, and then a bunch of garbage in the rest of the file instead of the normal contents

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy paste error, will fix latter.
For now just create a dummy versions Json file so it won’t fail on the rename

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@furion23 - please try again, might be a momentary hiccup, it works fine on my end.
I've pushed a new release that fixes the rename issue, you can skip it if things work well for you.

Masamune3210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could use tinfoil for that though, it already will tell you if any of your games or dlc need updates

Marizzz95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, does this tool also work if you keep your game and update nsp's in their own folder for each game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Robot made from spam!!!