Gaming NSMBW VS SILENT HILL: SHATTERED MEMORIES

AlphaOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Need help, how come i could play Silent Hill; Shattered Memories(backup copy) on my modded Wii and not the New Super Mario game? Any insights? Also, i dont want to do homebrew. tnx.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Simple: they use different antipiracy stuff. NSMB has caused quite a fuss about its protection (BCA, if I recall correctly).

As for a solution...if you refuse softmodding, I must admit I don't know. Check out a new modchip, perhaps?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The only method without any "softmodding", is to use an up-to-date modchip. And depending on how that handles BCA protection, you might need to patch the disc before burning.

And with "softmodding", see backup and hacking section.

AlphaOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, thanks for the replies. I'm still looking into it, i even cant play punch out on my wii. Go figure. Well, hoping someone could get a fix for modchip users only.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AlphaOne said:
Yeah, thanks for the replies. I'm still looking into it, i even cant play punch out on my wii. Go figure. Well, hoping someone could get a fix for modchip users only.

PAL or US Punch Out on a japanese Wii requires Country String patching. Other than that i don't know about problems with that game.

AlphaOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
AlphaOne said:

PAL or US Punch Out on a japanese Wii requires Country String patching. Other than that i don't know about problems with that game.

The only reason i wont do softmod is that i might not get to play online, So can i still play online even with HBC & Neogamma in my wii? Thanks.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes.

To my knowledge, there's not a single wii game that checks upon legality stuff when you connect it to the internet.
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wever said:
Yes.

To my knowledge, there's not a single wii game that checks upon legality stuff when you connect it to the internet.
smile.gif

There's one game now that checks the used IOS, or the IOS it is told it is using(002 fix...). If that IOS was modified, some options in the main menu are greyed out. This development could lead to consequences for online gaming, but to make it clear: Right now if the game uses IOS53, the game checks IOS53 and not IOS249 it is really running off, so cIOS + NeoGamma is still fine.

AlphaOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been reading the softmod guide looks simple enough to follow. Will try it as soon as i can get a new SDCARD. Thanks a bunch guys.

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
alpha, had same problem as you like 1 year ago, there is actually a fix for the modded wiis, i only softmoded some months ago, so at the time i used it, and it works perfectly, without getting into much detail tough, they made a kind of small patch for the isos of nsmb its called BCA patcher if i am correct, it worked on wasabi dx, not sure what you use, but i am sure similiar stuff was made for what you use, hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?