NSMBW VS SILENT HILL: SHATTERED MEMORIES

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by AlphaOne, Mar 23, 2010.

Mar 23, 2010
  1. AlphaOne
    OP

Newcomer AlphaOne Member

Philippines
    Need help, how come i could play Silent Hill; Shattered Memories(backup copy) on my modded Wii and not the New Super Mario game? Any insights? Also, i dont want to do homebrew. tnx.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Simple: they use different antipiracy stuff. NSMB has caused quite a fuss about its protection (BCA, if I recall correctly).

As for a solution...if you refuse softmodding, I must admit I don't know. Check out a new modchip, perhaps?

3. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    The only method without any "softmodding", is to use an up-to-date modchip. And depending on how that handles BCA protection, you might need to patch the disc before burning.

And with "softmodding", see backup and hacking section.

4. AlphaOne
    OP

Newcomer AlphaOne Member

Philippines
    Yeah, thanks for the replies. I'm still looking into it, i even cant play punch out on my wii. Go figure. Well, hoping someone could get a fix for modchip users only.

5. WiiPower

Germany
    PAL or US Punch Out on a japanese Wii requires Country String patching. Other than that i don't know about problems with that game.

6. AlphaOne
    OP

Newcomer AlphaOne Member

Philippines
    The only reason i wont do softmod is that i might not get to play online, So can i still play online even with HBC & Neogamma in my wii? Thanks.

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Yes.

To my knowledge, there's not a single wii game that checks upon legality stuff when you connect it to the internet. [​IMG]

8. WiiPower

Germany
    There's one game now that checks the used IOS, or the IOS it is told it is using(002 fix...). If that IOS was modified, some options in the main menu are greyed out. This development could lead to consequences for online gaming, but to make it clear: Right now if the game uses IOS53, the game checks IOS53 and not IOS249 it is really running off, so cIOS + NeoGamma is still fine.

9. AlphaOne
    OP

Newcomer AlphaOne Member

Philippines
    Been reading the softmod guide looks simple enough to follow. Will try it as soon as i can get a new SDCARD. Thanks a bunch guys.

10. ganon45

Newcomer ganon45 Member

United States
    Silent Hill

11. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    Screaming River

12. kazekun

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    alpha, had same problem as you like 1 year ago, there is actually a fix for the modded wiis, i only softmoded some months ago, so at the time i used it, and it works perfectly, without getting into much detail tough, they made a kind of small patch for the isos of nsmb its called BCA patcher if i am correct, it worked on wasabi dx, not sure what you use, but i am sure similiar stuff was made for what you use, hope this helps.