Gaming NSMBW VS SILENT HILL: SHATTERED MEMORIES

AlphaOne

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
32
Country
Need help, how come i could play Silent Hill; Shattered Memories(backup copy) on my modded Wii and not the New Super Mario game? Any insights? Also, i dont want to do homebrew. tnx.
 

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
8,022
Trophies
1
Age
40
Location
Belgium
XP
6,149
Country
Belgium
Simple: they use different antipiracy stuff. NSMB has caused quite a fuss about its protection (BCA, if I recall correctly).


As for a solution...if you refuse softmodding, I must admit I don't know. Check out a new modchip, perhaps?
 

WiiPower

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
8,165
Trophies
0
XP
320
Country
Gambia, The
The only method without any "softmodding", is to use an up-to-date modchip. And depending on how that handles BCA protection, you might need to patch the disc before burning.

And with "softmodding", see backup and hacking section.
 

AlphaOne

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
32
Country
Yeah, thanks for the replies. I'm still looking into it, i even cant play punch out on my wii. Go figure. Well, hoping someone could get a fix for modchip users only.
 

WiiPower

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
8,165
Trophies
0
XP
320
Country
Gambia, The
AlphaOne said:
Yeah, thanks for the replies. I'm still looking into it, i even cant play punch out on my wii. Go figure. Well, hoping someone could get a fix for modchip users only.

PAL or US Punch Out on a japanese Wii requires Country String patching. Other than that i don't know about problems with that game.
 

AlphaOne

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
32
Country
WiiPower said:
AlphaOne said:
Yeah, thanks for the replies. I'm still looking into it, i even cant play punch out on my wii. Go figure. Well, hoping someone could get a fix for modchip users only.

PAL or US Punch Out on a japanese Wii requires Country String patching. Other than that i don't know about problems with that game.

The only reason i wont do softmod is that i might not get to play online, So can i still play online even with HBC & Neogamma in my wii? Thanks.
 

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
8,022
Trophies
1
Age
40
Location
Belgium
XP
6,149
Country
Belgium
Yes.

To my knowledge, there's not a single wii game that checks upon legality stuff when you connect it to the internet.
smile.gif
 

WiiPower

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
8,165
Trophies
0
XP
320
Country
Gambia, The
Wever said:
Yes.

To my knowledge, there's not a single wii game that checks upon legality stuff when you connect it to the internet.
smile.gif

There's one game now that checks the used IOS, or the IOS it is told it is using(002 fix...). If that IOS was modified, some options in the main menu are greyed out. This development could lead to consequences for online gaming, but to make it clear: Right now if the game uses IOS53, the game checks IOS53 and not IOS249 it is really running off, so cIOS + NeoGamma is still fine.
 

AlphaOne

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 25, 2009
Messages
26
Trophies
0
XP
32
Country
Been reading the softmod guide looks simple enough to follow. Will try it as soon as i can get a new SDCARD. Thanks a bunch guys.
 

kazekun

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2009
Messages
183
Trophies
0
XP
323
Country
alpha, had same problem as you like 1 year ago, there is actually a fix for the modded wiis, i only softmoded some months ago, so at the time i used it, and it works perfectly, without getting into much detail tough, they made a kind of small patch for the isos of nsmb its called BCA patcher if i am correct, it worked on wasabi dx, not sure what you use, but i am sure similiar stuff was made for what you use, hope this helps.
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Rob_Boates @ Rob_Boates: clone hero is dope tho