Hacking NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.00

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have no idea it is from DMM's readme.txt included with the script. I have only used it to create a WBFS image myself.

meliagan

Trophies
XP
Country
From the readme.txt:

Known Issue:
.iso output seems to be bugged, the resulting .iso is good for use by backup
manager to transfer to USB HDD, but trying to load it directly (via burned disc,
or emulator, etc.) seems to fail, unsure why.
.wbfs output file seems to work perfectly though.

:wacko: Thanks...... Next time I must read all the info before ask. Sorry ;)

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:wacko: Thanks...... Next time I must read all the info before ask. Sorry ;)

bug ? -USAv2 smbw patched over with each riivo-mod

newer-smne03.iso and original wiikey run well enough the kid finished it and is going for 100% complete now with no freez'n or complaints
(but the boys played each one off DVD-r if i wasnt so busy i woulda played more too)
...only bugs the kid mentioned were the kool ones he stomps on in game with mario

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OK, first post updated with new version :)

v1.02 has an updated version of WIT and cleans up the batch file a bit.
But also, has the ability to use a custom banner (.bnr file) supplied by you, or it can download it from AbdallahTerro's banner repository. Your custom .bnr files are named after the GameID of the ISO (so for example, Newer EUR would be SMNP03.bnr) and stored in the "banners" folder. Or you can tell the builder to download a custom banner for you, and it will save it into that folder with correct file name.

Enjoy!

chabon

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all your work man!!
Everything just work perfectly.

Is there a possibility to add support for "Epic Super Bowser World"? It's another short hack from the creators of "Cannon SMBW" and it looks great from what i've seen on videos.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the 03-06.arc.LH from Newer 1.0 so I can manually fix the duplicate level? (3-6 and 3-7 are copies of each other in 1.01, due to a mistake on Newer Teams behalf.)
Edit, I foooound it :D.
http://rvlution.net/forums/download/file.php?id=795
If you wanna make this fix yourself, navigate to NewerSMBW\Stages\ and replace 03-06.arc.LH with the one in this download above.

Reactions: MassiveRican

danch744

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
First, thanks for your tools,NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.01, I downloads it and use it to create WBFS files well, all the SMBW Mod works. PS: I use the Original USBv1 SMNE01 iso.

Is there a possibility to add support for "New Super Mario Bros. Wii Retro Remix"?, I download a SMBW Retro Remix Complete MOD from http://originalsmbw.forumotion.com/, you can download it from your hotmail, I've send it to your [email protected], Or you can download here:https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ixf4abu924fy0a/Retro Remix.rar
And modify the bat file's code to support this MOD, I works but I don't know how to make the dolpatch XML file. I don't know it how to do.

By other way, I found some bug in your bat file(V1.02 or early), search the text "IF %GAMEID==SMNE01 (" and "IF %GAMEID==SMNJ01 (", lost a char "%".
And the Newer Super Mario Version is Update to 1.0.1, it seems has some problem to build wbfs with your tools, show can't find the some files to copy to the nsmb.b.
I will try the NSMBW Mod ISO Builder v1.02 (modify the bat file's codr)to rebuild the wbfs, and add the support), thanks for your update.
I hope can you tell me how to create the patch XML file in the riivolution folder and the patch folder, and how to modify the .sav file's name?

danch744

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I also have a question, how can I changed the sav file name? I don't know how to convert the text like:802F148C=43616E6E6F6E4D#7769696D6A3264

Using this patcher, the save files themselves are named:
NSMBW (original): wiimj2d.sav
Newer SMBW: NerSMBW.sav
Cannon SMBW: CannonM.sav
Another: another.sav
Summer Sun: SummSun.sav
Holiday Special: Holiday.sav

I want this: Retro Remix: RetroRemix.sav.
Can you tell me? Thanks.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
danch744 ...you know you can just replace the smne01 files with the Retro Remix ones

no dol patch needed there is now loader.bin

fst creator <-updates fst and boot bin

actually i just used QtWitGui to extract the NSMBW original iso as fst , copied the retro remix pack over top and over wrote the files, patched the fst.bin and boot.bin with fst creator, then remade the iso with new id and save using the update function (checking all the boxes updated the required)
2woc2o5.png

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been changed in the most recent versions, but is there anyway to have the built ISO have a different save file icon than the NSMBW file. It's really nice that you can save the two separately, but it would also be nice if it was easy to distinguish between the two.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
media

another failed download and wasted bandwidth from a piece of crap host. thanks anyway for trying.

maybe if these crap sites supported resuming, the internet wouldn't be such a lousy thing such that it is.

I have no trouble downloading from Dropbox or Mediafire, cept that 509 error on dropbox for popular files.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
media

another failed download and wasted bandwidth from a piece of crap host. thanks anyway for trying.

maybe if these crap sites supported resuming, the internet wouldn't be such a lousy thing such that it is.
Mediafire is still the best since megaupload died, speedwise. And most of these sites support resume. You just have to enter the URL manually in your download manager app. For example, start download normally with Firefox, once started, click Tools > Downloads. Right-click on the current download, pause the download and choose Copy Download Link. Paste that in your download manager. Don't waste too much time doing this (to avoid timeouts) and you should be fine.

Proof of resume supported (while downloading from Mediafire)

http://i.imgbox.com/acrhfgMb.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv