Hacking NSMB SoftMod Disc Loading Only Y/N

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I read that a few softmod only people say they have nsmb running via disc loading
99% of us know it doesnt work, 1% says it does work, just want a straight answer

If so how ??

D

Deleted-171178

I've heard it runs through Neogamma R7, but I can't confirm it.
Also, post in the NSMB thread instead of making a new thread next time.

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have asked and asked in a few threads, but no answer, i dont believe its possible yet, but there are a few that say they have booted the disk, i just want a straight answer

Teunke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With Chip:

Working with USBLauncher and DVD

Whit Softmod (without Chip):

Working with USB launcher only in combination with the ALT. Dol

kingofsnake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Works through disk channel with old WiiD chip after installing the new IOS53 with trucha.
Works with neogamma R4 from disk.

Both the above using the patched ISO.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Jaz808 said:
So NO is the answer to disc loading only
Not yet was the point I was trying to make.

Anyway, I've got NFI. Not softmodded.
smile.gif

NoiseAround

Trophies
XP
Country
From the Mario thread:

da_letter_a said:
OK, I've "corp'd" IOS53 v5406.

If you want to test it, please pm me, as I can't give links to wads.
But I won't be able to reply straight away though, as I'll be offline in a few minutes.

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wait I got IOS53 in the corp I downloaded.
4.2U System with Drivekey.
ALL IOS UP TO DATE except for IOS60, from which I got a non stub version. Plus cIOS38 Rev 14 to IOS249 and IOS250

With those settings I can't boot the game from system... Just because its PAL and I'm in 4.2U (Disc Spin and says not recognized) (It boots with latest Neogamma)

Downgrading to 4.1U and enabling multiregion in my drivekey settings says "An error has occurred" from sysmenu (It boots with latst Neogamma)

Then using IOS36 and IOS60 from corps wads makes it shown as banner. (Says an error has occurred after booting)

Then installing IOS53 from corps (the one I downloaded has it) makes it works flawlessly.

UPDATE: Removed drivekey and I get blackscreen using Neogamma.

btfanusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmod Only, Disc Loading = YES IT DOES WORK!!!!

I have a 3.2 Japan system, running New Mario Bros through DVD thanks to the code in the thread "Crack for New Mario Bros" (or something like that) on this board. Some dude was very nice and made a GCT file for download in that thread, I just used that combined with Gecko with the option SD Card code Yes and now it works perfectly, I played all the way to world 2 without any freezing or errors. The key is, you need to use this code on the UNFIXED version of the game that was available on the net the first day, NOT the Fixed version. If you use it on the Fixed version it doesn't work for some reason. I keep getting green screens with every loader i tried (Neogamma, Gecko, Backup Loader, Softship, etc). The Unfixed version, however, works wonderfully.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
btfanusa said:
Softmod Only, Disc Loading = YES IT DOES WORK!!!!

I have a 3.2 Japan system, running New Mario Bros through DVD thanks to the code in the thread "Crack for New Mario Bros" (or something like that) on this board. Some dude was very nice and made a GCT file for download in that thread, I just used that combined with Gecko with the option SD Card code Yes and now it works perfectly, I played all the way to world 2 without any freezing or errors. The key is, you need to use this code on the UNFIXED version of the game that was available on the net the first day, NOT the Fixed version. If you use it on the Fixed version it doesn't work for some reason. I keep getting green screens with every loader i tried (Neogamma, Gecko, Backup Loader, Softship, etc). The Unfixed version, however, works wonderfully.

What do you mean softmod only? If you use gecko, you obviously have a "Modchip"

Jaz808

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I threw that first copy out, bummer i might burner another disc, i have the gct file i got it the other night just about 1 or 2 before the fix was released, so i never tried it,
I am guess gecko os you mean, if so what version ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night