NSMB Retail Error

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Jademalo, Jun 3, 2010.

Jun 3, 2010

NSMB Retail Error by Jademalo at 2:03 PM (711 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Jademalo
    OP

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    After about 10-15 minutes, the retail version of NSMB will give an error telling me to eject the disk and restart the Wii. Now, I have heard issues like this happening with backups, However this is a full on retail version that worked flawlessly before the softmod, and everywhere says the retail disk should just.. work.

I use Darkcorp with Wanninoko 17. Is this possibly the issue?

Thanks

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    No if you have cioscorp/darcorp installed, then this issue is more or less expected. The random crashes are caused by the failed BCA check, and some cIOS handle BCA just completely wrong. If the game IOS was a clean IOS, then you could play without problems. Maybe a newer darkcorp also allows to play the retail disc, i don't know.

3. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Install a clean IOS37 and it should fix the issue. You can get this with NUSD.

4. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    I'd recommend that you install all clean IOS (apart from the obvious ones).

*corp is just overkill (and retarded). There is absolutely no need to patch every IOS, it makes updating when a new cIOS come out take far longer than it should and it will introduce errors like that on retail games.

5. Jademalo
    OP

Member Jademalo GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I mainly use corp for my little brother, who cant really grasp the concept of loaders. He just puts the disk in, and it works like any other disk. Its brilliant for him.

EDIT: Is there any way of making NeoGamma Patch the retail disk when I load it through that?

EDIT2: Right.. Neogamma wont apply the patch to the retail disk annoyingly, However I think I can get it to recognise al alt dol. THis has given me a new question though:

Neogamma has an alt dol feature with different options like Disk, Disk+, Disk+ Only, USB and No. What exactly are all of these, and what differences do they make?

6. George Dawes

Member George Dawes Wanker

Trinidad and Tobago
    install a autostart backup channel then, and move the disc channel to another screen.

All he has to do then is put the disc in, and click the top left icon same as he usually does.

That way you have a clean wii, and your brother can carry on as normal.

Alt dol won't help you, it's for loading an alternative dol file.

7. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    pretty obvious you didnt read anything about this problem as its been discussed a million times.