DarkFocus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you should help out the guy who did new super mario bros 3
biggrin.gif

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
DarkFocus said:
biggrin.gif

I don't understand hie tutorial, not even an english guy understands it, when someone would make a better tutorial for "noobs"...
However, when someone makes a better tutorial, I'm forced to change my whole hack!

@orangefox
You got a PM
smile.gif

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
It works on NSMB3 as far as I can tell, just do the method where you replace the soundata.sdat file with NSMBe (editor). Otherwise, it will replace other things beside the music, like the custom NSMB3 tiles, which breaks the game. And it still messes up the icon to look like a purple-blue mess. But whatever. I'm fine with it cause the music is cool.

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Orengefox said:
DarkFocus said:
biggrin.gif

It's a matter of finding the free time which is difficult to get. SKJmin is more than welcome to use whatever I've put together for this hack
wink.gif

QUOTE(mahisa88 @ Nov 15 2010, 12:18 PM) what's the song name on the sky place?

As for the tutorial, this is the problem see. I'm not entirely sure how I could simplify it in the best way possible without taking out any other important information. That's why even after the recent update, the tutorial still looks just as complex. I can see where it might be rough in places (which I can try simplifying); however it's really because the process can be a bit daunting. With that in mind, not everyone is going to understand it and be able to do it straight away. It's something you would have to mess around with for awhile until you get it. I certainly didn't get it straight away which is why it's come this far. There are some people who do understand the tutorial I've written (for example here). For those who understand it, I strongly encourage them all to see if there is a simpler way of explaining the tutorial I've written (be it suggestions or actually re-writing it). And I'll see what I can do. At the end of the day, I want everyone to be able understand all this and know what they're doing. I would like to think that I could one day learn something from those who understand how to hack NDS sound data files.

Thanks for the all comments so far folks, it's been greatly appreciated. I'm always open for more feedback
smile.gif

I'm to dumb for the tutrial
unsure.gif
frown.gif

But ok, I'll wait for your final post^^
Thanks for answering my question!
biggrin.gif

SKJmin

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Juanmatron said:
SKJmin, edit your custom with the original music!

Download my patch, patch your own rom, downloadthe editor, try yourseld
smile.gif

Dude, it's pretty hard you know, I'm not skilled enough for this
smile.gif

But you can try it for me

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
ok, really. Download Orengefox's stuff, get the NSMBe, open up NSMBeditor, select your NSMB3 rom, select File Browser at the top, click the + next to Filesystem, click the + next to Files, click on the sound_data.sdat, when it is highlighted, click Replace File at the bottom of the NSMBe window, navigate to wherever Orengefox's files are, and you should see the sound_data.sdat file. Click on it, when it is highlighted, click open. It will replace the file after a few seconds. Some of the letters and numbers above the Replace File, Hex Edit, and LZ Compress will change. But yeah, after you click Open, wait a sec, then it should replace it. Close the editor and play the ROM. the easiest way to tell if it worked it to go in a level and jump around. The jump sound will be replaced. Also, the Underground music is easy to spot. If you are on NSMB3, go to W1-5, an underground level. If the music is not changed there is no hope for you.

P.S. You might have to extract Orengefox's files from the .rar archive with winrar or 7-zip. Also, yes, I know that the first sentence of this post is a bit long. (SKJmin, you might as well try this too--I made it as dummy-proof as possible so it should be easy).

demigod198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am very pleased with your work!!
happy.gif
I think that this is a great addition to the NSMB hacks as the current NSMB music doesn't suit hacks in someways in my opinion. If this is not as difficult as i think it is, I will surely give it a try and add my own music if I can.
biggrin.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow nice work. You should contact SKJmin about his New Super Mario Bros. 3 hack, I would be very happy if you two would work together and make a complete NSMB3 hack with music!

demigod198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lightning said:
Wow nice work. You should contact SKJmin about his New Super Mario Bros. 3 hack, I would be very happy if you two would work together and make a complete NSMB3 hack with m!!usic!

I was gonna say the same thing! Just help him with it and then the hack can be complete!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...