Hacking NSMB and fw 4.2u

rayluc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my modchip wii would recognize my NSMB backup in the disc channel when it was on fw 3.2 now after i upgraded to 4.2 the wii will not recognize the backup as a wii game, my older games still works thru the disc channel but not NSMB. I could stilll load the game thru neogama. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? thanks in advance.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the backup was patched, and therefore fakesigned. IOS70 does not have the fakesigning bug, but you can use Dop-IOS to reintroduce it. (Make sure you have BootMii/boot2 and a NAND backup if possible!)

rayluc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ziddey said:
you're not doing it right. that's the only logical answer.

How hard is it to run dop-ios and reinstall ios70? I think i know what i am doing. Anyways i figured out what the problem is because 4.2 doesn't support region free hack that why it didnt work after the upgrade. i've downgraded back to 4.1 and it is working fine now.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rayluc said:
ziddey said:
you're not doing it right. that's the only logical answer.

How hard is it to run dop-ios and reinstall ios70? I think i know what i am doing. Anyways i figured out what the problem is because 4.2 doesn't support region free hack that why it didnt work after the upgrade. i've downgraded back to 4.1 and it is working fine now.
nice going. you'd be surprised how "hard" it is for some people

happy thanksgiving

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchips are unable to boot imports on 4.2, which i suspect is your issue.
Contact your modchip maker and ask for a firmware update.

Still waiting for Wasabi team to do something about it.. they sure like to take their time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over