ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 730,572
  • Replies 2,826
  • Likes 74

Rehv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmmm, first time user here :) I've read everything and watched the video... but I've encountered a problem with supertrimmer.

Dragon Quest Builders 2, used the multipack option to bundle main game + upd + dlc (all nsps) into xci. The full version (1.71 GB) runs without any issue, but the STR version (1.44 GB) asks for a mandatory software update. I chose '0' when asked to patch the required firmware version (i.e. do not patch), but since I'm on v8.1.0 emunand it shouldn't be a problem.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Smash Bros Ultimate, same problem. Definitely seems it is deleting something it shouldn't... :/

Last edited by Rehv,

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to NSCB, and getting mostly good results but can not figure out hot to fix this error.
Exception: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

I used lockpicRCM to make my keys file and tried many others I found on the net with the same results.

Edit: Seems two games give this now @JRoad any ideas?

Last edited by ulao,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm new to NSCB, and getting mostly good results but can not figure out hot to fix this error.
Exception: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

I used lockpicRCM to make my keys file and tried many others I found on the net with the same results.

Edit: Seems two games give this now @JRoad any ideas?
Sorry i missed this message. Do you have all the required keys from the template? My guess is you're missing some.
In the configuration mode (mode 0) there is a keys.txt verifier.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I says this

master_key_07 is Missing
OPTIONAL KEY "xci_header_key" is Missing
master_key_08 is present but program doesn't have the hash to verify the key
> HEX SHA256: ---not sure so removing this---

but I have entries for 07.
Check the formatting. For example notepad++ has a way to change end of lines between windows and linux, if the end of line is linux type it messes the detection. Alternatively just take the template and paste your keys there, then rename it to keys.txt. If you don't have the xci_header_key, either search it on google or delete that line on the template.

DimensioX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I just updated from v0.87 to version v0.89, and I am having a problem.
I tried to update my Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled [v262144] [v1.0.4] (1G+1U+2D) xci with the latest update [v1.0.6][v393216].
For some reason the program only outputs Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled [v1.0.6][v393216] (1U+2D), without the base game.
Same problem when I tried to update DRAGON BALL FighterZ [v327680] [v01.17] (1G+1U+31D) with the latest update [v01.18][v393216] and it only outputs DRAGON BALL FighterZ [v01.18][v393216] (1U+31D)
Basically, when I try to update custom xcis the program only reads Updates and DLCs but excludes the base game from the final xci

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
@JRoad which font am I missing in Windows that causes this symbol to come up at the end of each progress bar:

main-qimg-130fed4a43d8d8faedd4c124efc23ae9

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad which font am I missing in Windows that causes this symbol to come up at the end of each progress bar:
It also happens to me in windows. In linux in one of the systems i used squirrel it didn't happen though. It never bothered me but i can look into the flags the tqdm module has to see if it can be avoided.

Reactions: markmcrobie

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
It also happens to me in windows. In linux in one of the systems i used squirrel it didn't happen though. It never bothered me but i can look into the flags the tqdm module has to see if it can be avoided.

Thanks - little trivial things like this really bug me :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will we ever be able to run NSC Builder on Mac OS?

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
@JRoad any idea why quite often an XCI I've created with NCSB won't show up in the Switch menu when I select it in SX OS, but if I rebuild it using exact same source files and settings it'll often work next time?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad any idea why quite often an XCI I've created with NCSB won't show up in the Switch menu when I select it in SX OS, but if I rebuild it using exact same source files and settings it'll often work next time?
Names, maybe? I blacklisted characters that doesn't show on the switch in recent versions. That includes japanese characters, basically the reason why romaji is set up by default.
Thanks - little trivial things like this really bug me :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Will we ever be able to run NSC Builder on Mac OS?
Well the python script itself i imagine works on MacOS as it does in linux. I'm not saying no to a future python only interface but i want to finish the functions i intended for it before dealing with a new interface.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Names, maybe? I blacklisted characters that doesn't show on the switch in recent versions. That includes japanese characters, basically the reason why romaji is set up by default.

No, I'm talking about loading <game>.xci and <update>.nsp into NSCB, producing <game> (1G + 1U).xci, and it showing fine in SX OS menu, but not in Switch menu when I select it in SX OS. If I head straight back to my computer and put the EXACT same XCI and NSP files into NSCB with the EXACT same settings, no file name changes or anything, the resulting XCI usually works fine on Switch next time.

Out of interest, would you expect resulting XCI files like this to have the same checksum/hash value? I.e. if I run the same XCI file through NSCB twice with the same settings, should the hashes match? I've found that when I get the above problem and a game doesn't work, it'll have a different hash value than the one that ends up working.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, I'm talking about loading <game>.xci and <update>.nsp into NSCB, producing <game> (1G + 1U).xci, and it showing fine in SX OS menu, but not in Switch menu when I select it in SX OS. If I head straight back to my computer and put the EXACT same XCI and NSP files into NSCB with the EXACT same settings, no file name changes or anything, the resulting XCI usually works fine on Switch next time.

Out of interest, would you expect resulting XCI files like this to have the same checksum/hash value? I.e. if I run the same XCI file through NSCB twice with the same settings, should the hashes match? I've found that when I get the above problem and a game doesn't work, it'll have a different hash value than the one that ends up working.
Yes, the xci signature is randomized so it'll have a different hash. I could add an option to set it to a fix value though.
The only times i had issues loading xcis from sx os menu it was fixed with a reboot, and it'll also happened with all files, it was liked if the sysmodule itself wasn't working.

Reactions: markmcrobie

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Got a game that was patched with an update. Now a new update is available. Which options needed to be selected to get the new update in and old one out?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Got a game that was patched with an update. Now a new update is available. Which options needed to be selected to get the new update in and old one out?
Bumber 2, it selects the newer content on the files you input to generate a new one. You can also add different games to the list, if you press 2 in the last choice "Input "2" to SEPARATE into multifiles by baseid" it will separate the games into different files.

Reactions: ganons

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be a way to batch all of my XCI games and patch them so they do not require updates? I see how to do it from nsp->xci but wondering about xci->xci batch.

I tried this
loaded xci
9 also tried 8 ( I have 8.1.0 )

but the game still says an update is required.

Last edited by ulao,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse