ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 729,495
  • Replies 2,826
  • Likes 74

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New at this. First effort to convert a .nsp to .xci. Using option 2 (repack as xci) or option 3 (repack as both xci and nsp) results in creation of nsp only, no xci. Where am I going wrong. .nsp was checked for file verification. Also always says "Too many arguments in cmd line" even though there are no arguments supplied. Just double click the .bat file? version 86C. Second .nsp works so must be issue with firsts (failed) .nsp. How to test.

Last edited by Ratatattat,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That seems like a huge bug. Since I have my Switches connected together via Ethernet, it wouldn't be feasible to take take these steps every time because someone else in the house would probably at some point make a mistake, so I guess some titles just cannot be safely converted at this time.

I agree. Especially since the NSP works without having to talk to call Nintendo there shouldn't be a problem as an XCI.
I think you're greatly misunderstanding the issue there. Some games when wifi is on, in nsp or xci form, try to connect to Nintendo and 90DNS and stealth refuse the connection and because of they knowing there is a connection but being unable to connect they crash. This is good as these methods were able to refuse this connection, one by DNS and the other by directly negating the calls.
It doesn't in any way put you at risk as your connection didn't reach Nintendo servers, and at least in my case all those games gives the same issue in both nsp and xci form. Remember the Pang threads, the Tales of Vesperia etc...
The issue there is just that you're blocking a connection that is supposed to go trough when not in airplane mode. You can activate the wifi back after it tries to connect at start up as far as i'm aware. Also take into mind some of those games connect to their own servers so if you use 90DNS better check that those servers are added to the blacklist too. Things like Disgaea or Snake Pass for example.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

New at this. First effort to convert a .nsp to .xci. Using option 2 (repack as xci) or option 3 (repack as both xci and nsp) results in creation of nsp only, no xci. Where am I going wrong. .nsp was checked for file verification. Also always says "Too many arguments in cmd line" even though there are no arguments supplied. Just double click the .bat file? version 86C. Second .nsp works so must be issue with firsts (failed) .nsp. How to test.
Mode 3 is to separate content that is already in a multi nsp or xci. Can you copy the text you see on the screen and PM it to me? Either copy or send me screenshots.
About the arguments in a way they're supplied by the program to the command line.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
I think you're greatly misunderstanding the issue there.

Not really. My Switch docks are always connected to each other via Ethernet, and even with Airplane mode turned on they will STILL go online if connected via Ethernet. Not that airplane mode can be activated while docked to begin with. If I had to turn on airplane mode and remove from the dock each and every time I wanted to play certain games, I can guarantee you that people in my house who are less than tech savvy will eventually make a mistake.

So the issue, for me, is the risk of a ban being far too realistic if I ever have to instruct someone else to first remove the Switch from the dock, then turn on airplane mode, then turn off stealth mode, then launch the game, then press home button, turn on stealth mode, then turn off airplane mode, then put the Switch back in the dock every single time certain games are run. Missing even a single step in either direction would no doubt result in a console ban.

Some games when wifi is on, in nsp or xci form, try to connect to Nintendo and 90DNS and stealth refuse the connection and because of they knowing there is a connection but being unable to connect they crash.

If that is the case, then why does Minecraft Nintendo Switch Edition as an NSP work without an error, while it produces the error as an XCI? It doesn't feel like a proper conversion if there is an error in one form, but not another.

This is good as these methods were able to refuse this connection, one by DNS and the other by directly negating the calls.
It doesn't in any way put you at risk as your connection didn't reach Nintendo servers, and at least in my case all those games gives the same issue in both nsp and xci form.

Disallowing a connection is good. Preventing any play at all while Stealth mode is turned on is bad.

Remember the Pang threads, the Tales of Vesperia etc...
The issue there is just that you're blocking a connection that is supposed to go trough when not in airplane mode. You can activate the wifi back after it tries to connect at start up as far as i'm aware. Also take into mind some of those games connect to their own servers so if you use 90DNS better check that those servers are added to the blacklist too. Things like Disgaea or Snake Pass for example.

If this is the issue, it should not matter if it's an NSP or an XCI - the game will try to connect and the error will happen regardless. However, this is not my experience. A game that will work as an NSP will not work as an XCI.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not really. My Switch docks are always connected to each other via Ethernet, and even with Airplane mode turned on they will STILL go online if connected via Ethernet. Not that airplane mode can be activated while docked to begin with. If I had to turn on airplane mode and remove from the dock each and every time I wanted to play certain games, I can guarantee you that people in my house who are less than tech savvy will eventually make a mistake.

So the issue, for me, is the risk of a ban being far too realistic if I ever have to instruct someone else to first remove the Switch from the dock, then turn on airplane mode, then turn off stealth mode, then launch the game, then press home button, turn on stealth mode, then turn off airplane mode, then put the Switch back in the dock every single time certain games are run. Missing even a single step in either direction would no doubt result in a console ban.

If that is the case, then why does Minecraft Nintendo Switch Edition as an NSP work without an error, while it produces the error as an XCI? It doesn't feel like a proper conversion if there is an error in one form, but not another.

Disallowing a connection is good. Preventing any play at all while Stealth mode is turned on is bad.

If this is the issue, it should not matter if it's an NSP or an XCI - the game will try to connect and the error will happen regardless. However, this is not my experience. A game that will work as an NSP will not work as an XCI.
The whole point of stealth is to allow internet while refusing the connections. Those games crash because are refusing that connection, not connecting to the internet.

Nsp to xci doesn't change the data only the encryption if needed, now if SX OS modules work different when loading xci in that case i can't tell you that but in my case i had the same issues with the game installed and uninstalled. It's normally called conversion but it's not really a conversion per se.

"So the issue, for me, is the risk of a ban being far too realistic if I ever have to instruct someone else to first remove the Switch from the dock, then turn on airplane mode, then turn off stealth mode, then launch the game, then press home button, turn on stealth mode, then turn off airplane mode, then put the Switch back in the dock every single time certain games are run. Missing even a single step in either direction would no doubt result in a console ban."

Here's what you're misunderstanding. You don't need to turn off stealth mode, you just need to be in airplane mode, without internet or with your connection unset. Also i can confirm you that having the airplane mode set before connecting the switch to the dock works at least in the case of Verseria, it asks you to undock the switch and turn off airplane mode but you can go trough without undocking it, same happens with other games in portable\dock mode.

aleher86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I have a problem to convert into xci Cadence of hyrule and Collection of Mana. When I want to proccess it it's say "object of type 'NoneType' has no len()". Maybe is something because this games are very new and have something different?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I have a problem to convert into xci Cadence of hyrule and Collection of Mana. When I want to proccess it it's say "object of type 'NoneType' has no len()". Maybe is something because this games are very new and have something different?
You are missing keys. Probably master_key_07

Reactions: aleher86

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The key problem repeating again and again :rolleyes:
I still love the rebuild option to repair "bad" dumps without xml. :yay:
Well bad dumps... About the key thing I have to apply a check to all functions, which is easy but bothersome and since I have limited time I normally prefer to do other things when I worked on the program.
Anyhow the main issue lies on people ignoring the keys_template.txt XD

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Made a SuperXCI with Overcooked 2 with the new update 1.0.9 + all 4 DLCs.
The result shows nothing using XCI Explorer - my only case.
Checking the file with NSCB show 2 modified DLC files. What does that mean ?

Attachments

• Overcooked 2 [01006FD0080B2000][+DLCs][v589824] v1.0.9-verify.txt
    7.4 KB · Views: 177

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Made a SuperXCI with Overcooked 2 with the new update 1.0.9 + all 4 DLCs.
The result shows nothing using XCI Explorer - my only case.
Checking the file with NSCB show 2 modified DLC files. What does that mean ?
All is readable but 2 files don't match de Nintendo signature1, their hashes are fine too so that makes me think they are unlockers or were modified with other program that wasn't NSCB. They also didn't have titlerights removed so they were standard crypto to begin with which means they aren't proper eshop nca.
BTW try to remove the calculated titlekeys from the log. It's also awkward that xci explorer can't read the file, despite the alleged unlockers all seem perfectly readable.

Last edited by JRoad,
Reactions: 18Phoenix

DimensioX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
I am trying to update an old xci build, Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match DX with 1.0.1 update with the new 1.0.3 update but I get this error:
Calculating final content:
- Excluding delta fragment 43d4ca10d22b4bb025569a8866f027d5.nca
- Excluding delta fragment d99d4bf038cccb127ba4e0c34d3a2d46.nca
- Excluding delta fragment 31caf87df9213499398f408cdc697058.nca
- Excluding delta fragment e099e314b1c1d5f4f5b6d78c0a8ab796.nca
Exception: list index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "squirrel.py", line 3226, in <module>
NameError: name 'ccount' is not defined
[12000] Failed to execute script squirrel

I converted and mixed many games and updates, and this only happens with this game. How do I fix this?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I am trying to update an old xci build, Girls und Panzer Dream Tank Match DX with 1.0.1 update with the new 1.0.3 update but I get this error:
Calculating final content:
- Excluding delta fragment 43d4ca10d22b4bb025569a8866f027d5.nca
- Excluding delta fragment d99d4bf038cccb127ba4e0c34d3a2d46.nca
- Excluding delta fragment 31caf87df9213499398f408cdc697058.nca
- Excluding delta fragment e099e314b1c1d5f4f5b6d78c0a8ab796.nca
Exception: list index out of range
File "squirrel.py", line 3226, in <module>
NameError: name 'ccount' is not defined

I converted and mixed many games and updates, and this only happens with this game. How do I fix this?
Are you using the latest version 0.86c? That sounds like a bug i think i corrected before.

Last edited by JRoad,

Dooml0rd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@JRoad I'm having an issue merging an update file to an XCI (Our World Is Ended). When the progress bar reaches the point where the update file is merged, it stops and outputs this:

File "squirrel.py", line 2397, in <module>
File "Fs\Xci.py", line 2343, in pack
File "lib\aes128.py", line 312, in __init__
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

This happens in Legacy Mode. I tried the normal mode first (Multi packaging) but that also fails to merge the update but without an error message. I have all the keys except master_key_7. Not sure if that's important but I wasn't able to obtain it. It wasn't anywhere on the Internet and lockpick couldn't pick it.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@JRoad I'm having an issue merging an update file to an XCI (Our World Is Ended). When the progress bar reaches the point where the update file is merged, it stops and outputs this:

File "squirrel.py", line 2397, in <module>
File "Fs\Xci.py", line 2343, in pack
File "lib\aes128.py", line 312, in __init__
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

This happens in Legacy Mode. I tried the normal mode first (Multi packaging) but that also fails to merge the update but without an error message. I have all the keys except master_key_7. Not sure if that's important but I wasn't able to obtain it. It wasn't anywhere on the Internet and lockpick couldn't pick it.
I have all the keys except master_key_7. This is the key point, that update requires that key.
To obtain it you need to be between FW 7.0-8.01 and use lokcpick RCM instead of normal one or to ask a friend for master_key_07
https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM/releases
Lockpick RCM is basically a payload that derives the keys on RCM mode

D

Deleted User

Yeah i can post both overcooked 2 and minecraft both work fine for me as xci with latest update and dlc so those two can def work.

Thanks for all the work on this tool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead