ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 729,709
  • Replies 2,826
  • Likes 74

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Doesn't work for me.
It output a small zip and thats all.
Is something in the zip? The zip is the only thing non python dependant right now. You may want to check if you're running last python 3, if your dependencies get installed correctly and if your keys are correct.
Also check your file isn't read only.

Drona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Zip is empty (22 octets) I have Python 3.7 my dependencies are okay I think.

I * cough* found the keys and manually filled .txt inside ztool folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot, NSP is not read only.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Zip is empty (22 octets) I have Python 3.7 my dependencies are okay I think.

I * cough* found the keys and manually filled .txt inside ztool folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot, NSP is not read only.
If zip is empty your issue will be on the python side.That part is the only one non python dependant though the inside of the zip is also generated by the python script.
It could be a dependencies issue or you may have some wrong key it'll probably be one of the two.

munky-head

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Xeno has issues removing titlerights. Would need to check monster Hunter but could be the update, if ticket wasn't recognized properly.
Though xeno + update was reported to be fine. I may look at xeno during the weekend.

Can confirm about stealth being the problem in DOOM. Xeno 2 though - redownloaded everything from a different source (including latest update and DLC) - same error.

Drona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm using pip version 18.0,maybe I should upgrade to 18.1 ,all others dependencies are ok.

Maybe i can PM you my keys if you don't mind so you can check them ?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Can confirm about stealth being the problem in DOOM. Xeno 2 though - redownloaded everything from a different source (including latest update and DLC) - same error.
Some Xeno 2 dlcs give issues when you remove titlerights. Exactly these ones.

xeno2.PNG

You'll be able to make xeno 2 complete xci when i implement back the [lc].nsp method.

Reactions: thaikhoa

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Doom runs here (with update v131072), but you must disable the stealthmode in SX Options (bann risk)

I don't have to disable stealth mode or airplance mode (just not connected to the net) First I converted the xci to nsp - then build a new xci with the game file + update. That worked fine, I tried at first with the xci + update but the game wouldn't load that way. Converting the xci to nsp first made it work for me.

_silencer_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey JRoad, just to confirm in previous post... will you be releasing a build which removes the update nag for games that require firmware 6.0 and above?

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey JRoad, just to confirm in previous post... will you be releasing a build which removes the update nag for games that require firmware 6.0 and above?
Yeah, though my priority right now lies in splitting the content and make a mode to upgrade games you already put an update in.

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, thank you very much.

I can not get this working for the life of me.

I would like an nsp file converted to xci.

Running Windows 7
Latest Python 3
Latest .netframework

I tried running install_dependencies, but Windows CMD gives me the following message: 'py' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I then try to enter the command manually " py -3 -m pip install urllib3 unidecode tqdm bs4 tqdm requests image" into the py command and get a sytaxerror: invalid syntax

I drop in the file, I go through the initial steps, then it closes after I want to repack at xci.

At this point, I'm not sure if it's the keys, dependencies or both

Last edited by realg123,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all, thank you very much.

I can not get this working for the life of me.

I would like an nsp file converted to xci.

Running Windows 7
Latest Python 3
Latest .netframework

I tried running install_dependencies, but Windows CMD gives me the following message: 'py' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I then try to enter the command manually " py -3 -m pip install urllib3 unidecode tqdm bs4 tqdm requests image" into the py command and get a sytaxerror: invalid syntax

I drop in the file, I go through the initial steps, then it closes after I want to repack at xci.

At this point, I'm not sure if it's the keys, dependencies or both
you're not using py -3 simple as that you need to either try and re-install python as a path or figure your pycommand and update it in options. zconfig\NSCB_options.cmd
In option 3 I have:
::--------------------------------------------------------------
:: OPTION 3: NUT OPTIONS
:: Python command
set "pycommand=py -3"
so you change py -3 for whatever you use for python 3 and it should work.

Last edited by JRoad,
Reactions: realg123

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you're not using py -3 simple as that you need to either try and re-install python as a path or figure your pycommand and update it in options. zconfig\NSCB_options.cmd
In option 3 I have:
:: OPTION 3: NUT OPTIONS
:: Python command
set "pycommand=py -3"
so you change py -3 for whatever you use for python 3 and it should work.

Thank you, Looks like I'm using 3.7. I changed it zconfig\NSCB_options.cmd from 3 to 3.7 as well as the batch file and still having the same issue. Do you have a link where I can download py 3? Maybe I'm installing the wrong one.

Last edited by realg123,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you, Looks like I'm using 3.7. I changed it zconfig\NSCB_options.cmd from 3 to 3.7 as well as the batch file and still having the same issue. Do you have a link where I can download py 3? Maybe I'm installing the wrong one.
No it doesn't work like that. Standard python command is py, you can use "py -3" to differentiate python 2 from 3 when you have both in your system, it also works with only one python. So:
python 2.X -> py -2
python 3.X -> py -3
That option is there because some people can use a custom command or just "pyhon".
It's also there for people that use the conda distribution, which should work with the batch since this modification was made for a friend that uses "conda". So in that case you would have
set "pycommand=conda"
https://conda.io/docs/
In your case as I told you it would probably fixed uninstalling python 3.7 and re-installing it with "install as path" option check.
If not look search in google, some posts may help you to get either the command py or python working:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13596505/python-not-working-in-command-prompt
https://www.pythoncentral.io/add-py...ecognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7054424/python-not-recognised-as-a-command

Reactions: realg123

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No it doesn't work like that. Standard python command is py, you can use "py -3" to differentiate python 2 from 3 when you have both in your system, it also works with only one python. So:
python 2.X -> py -2
python 3.X -> py -3
That option is there because some people can use a custom command or just "pyhon".
It's also there for people that use the conda distribution, which should work with the batch since this modification was made for a friend that uses "conda". So in that case you would have
set "pycommand=conda"
https://conda.io/docs/
In your case as I told you it would probably fixed uninstalling python 3.7 and re-installing it with "install as path" option check.
If not look search in google, some posts may help you to get either the command py or python working:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13596505/python-not-working-in-command-prompt
https://www.pythoncentral.io/add-py...ecognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command/
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7054424/python-not-recognised-as-a-command

Thank you!, but unfortunately still didn't work I uninstalled and reinstalled it doesn't give me the option to install as path. I'm downloading from: https://www.python.org/downloads/

I also looked at the links you posted still no luck

realg123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First picture i found, but it's always there, in all versions.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm blind, I really appreciate the quick responses. But I'm still getting sytax error if I input it manually or if I run the bat file it gives me the py is not recognized

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs